July 26, 2014 | 1000 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 134 Large Powder Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

i bought this during mac's f & f sale so it was a good opportunity to purchase this very expensive brush. i can't exactly say whether it is worth the price. i have oily combination skin so i tend to like packing powders a little more. as a powder brush, it works fine but i have a pupa brush that i bought from ebay for about $30 for a 20 something brush set and their face brushes are much softer. for applying studio fix powder foundation, this gives you a light coverage but i prefer using the 183 flat top kabuki for powder foundation, it gives more coverage and buffs the foundation better. but as a bronzer brush, this works excellent because it picks up enough color, spreads the color just right and because of the size and shape, contouring your face makes it faster than using a 168 contour brush. if you are a person that likes to contour and use bronzer, it's worth getting. but if you're just looking for a powder brush, i wouldn't say you need to spend $52 for a powder brush and there are so many other options for just that purpose. i've decided to keep the 134 only because it does work well contouring and i got it at 25% off other than that, i wouldn't buy it again because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as part of the MAC Friends and Family sale. It is SO unbelievably soft! The 134 is a large brush with a thick shorter handle that I can use for powders, bronzers, and Guerlain Meteorites. I will update if any hair falls out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bubblegarm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this brush, i apply my msf with this with a loose hand, i then use it for my bronzer, i can use the tip to contour. its amazing, so soft, doesnt shed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by alka1

A fantastic powder brush, and one of the few MAC brushes that is made in France. It is soft and works incredibly well with all powders. I use this for my Studio Fix powder, MSFs, finishing powders, and bronzers. It works especially well with bronzers as the reviewer below mentioned. I also love the fact that it's not dome-shapped - the paddle design helps you reach every part of your face, including the sides of your nose and around your mouth. You won't be disappointed by this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Stephie2705

I decided to buy this after watching it being used in Youtube videos and the reviews on here. Yes, it's pricey - but my god, it's amazing! Its so soft and and fluffy, it's perfect for me - I don't know how I lived without it before! I am using it as a bronzer brush, which is working really well for me. I'm teaming it with my MAC beauty powder blush in Enough Said, which is a great bronzer colour for me - and the effects are amazing! It distributes product perfectly, definetely can't live without item!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Koni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very expensive, yes, but worth it. I love this brush and use it all the time to apply Laura Mercier mineral makeup or Mac's mineralize skinfinish. I know you're supposed to use a kabuki brush, but this one does a better job and is so much softer. I've had no problems with shedding and I've already it for several months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lovelymaihem

This is a lovely brush. I wasn't thrilled with the price, but I wanted a MAC powder brush and the 150 had so many terrible reviews. I knew I could return this if I didn't like it. Well, I love it! It is so much softer than the 150 - I absolutely love the feeling of it on my skin. I am using it for a pressed powder and occasional light blush, and it works great. The lady at the counter showed me how to use it for the best effect: She said to swipe the powder onto one side of the brush, and then apply that side to the skin, then flip the brush to the other side that didn't have the powder on it to sort of blend it in nicely. It seems like there should be a clearer way to explain that - I hope it makes sense. Anyway - i love it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Ashveena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing. Yes its pricey, but SO versatile (as has been noted by other reviewers). I originally bought it to apply my studio fix foundation, and it did a great job of applying a medium even coverage. However, I found that the brush does a great job of applying creme blushes!! I had been dissapointed with my MAC blushcremes but found that I just needed the right tools- this brush!! it gives a very light and even application. This brush is a must have if you like creme blushes. It must be noted that I said I would buy this brush again, even though I probably won't, only because I don't see anything happening to it, unless it is stolen or I lose it =)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The 2 main things I love about this brush are, number one, it is less than 7 inches long, and number two, the bristles are very very soft. What I don't like is that the shape of the bristles is wide and somewhat flat like a paddle; I wish they were fuller in thickness and maybe not quite as wide across. If you look at the bristles head on from the end, they make an oval shape, and I would prefer a more rounder thicker shape. Other than that, this is one of the best brushes I have ever owned. And it should be for what I spent for it, right? I don't use it that much at all, though, preferring my Shu 20B all-time fav powder brush, which I don't think is even made anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is quite expensive, but I think the fact that it has so many uses makes up for that. You can pretty much use it for all of your powder products. Anyways, firstly, this brush is wonderfully soft. It feels so nice against your skin- silky, full, and smooth. So far, I have only used it to apply my bronzer, and it manages to do this flawlessly. It picks up the perfect amount of product, and blends the bronzer (I've been using Nars Laguna) into my skin effortlessly. I would repurchase this if I ever have to, but this brush seems to be of high quality so I don't think I will have to.