September 19, 2014 | 1796 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by rjinlondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aah, I had been looking for a new foundation as I've tried so many recently. I have oily/combination skin and saw this in boots and thought I'd give it a go after reading reviews here. I've always had good skin, but over the last eyar have break outs, shiny t-zone and dry patches (I think from new birth control) so I've been hunting around for a liquid that wont make me shine or breakout.

Everything about the foundation is wrong for me!

It:

Highlights my dry patches even with mouisturiser on.

Looked dry and cakey around my eyes and t-zone

Highlights my pores and leaves my face looking dusty and blotchy.

Is drying and looks pasty the moment I wear it.

I've given it two days and I can't go any further with it, by far the worst foundation I have ever used!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very GREASY on the skin and my skin isn't oily. Right after applying this is looks greasy and shiny and it still does after I powder it. It does not control oil at all and just continues to get even more shiny throughout the day. It makes my skin feel dirty and I can't wait to get it off when I wear it. Its definitely going back to CVS! It draws attention to dry spots and it also draws attention to pores. It seems to pool in all of the pores, which is not cute. The coverage is medium I would say, the box says light to medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

The amount of money I have spent on foundation is a joke.I've tried Giorgio Armani lasting silk, laura mercier silk crème, Revlon, Clinique, estee lauder, chanel, the list goes on & on.My georgio Armani was good but needed a few layers, this however is good price, colour ok I can live with it its not really a huge problem, coverage is very good, packaging can cut open to get last bits out, doesn't feel heavy, hopefully my skin will be abit more clearer as my pregnancy has given me a few spots and have quite abit of discolouration.
This is by far means not perfect but for the price and I think I need a rest from trying to find the perfect foundation which I don't think there ever will be this will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only full coverage foundation that hasn't broken me out, and stays more matte than other heavy foundations like MAC Pro Longwear, Estee Lauder DW. I need to emphasize this: NO BREAKOUTS and perfect fullcoverage! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MistressOfWisdom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely sensitive skin (with large pores) that would consistently break out whenever I wore foundation in the past, but because this stuff is paraben-free, fragrance-free, and oil-free, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic, my skin is finally happy! This is the only foundation that I have ever been able to wear and it lasts ALL day. I have extremely oily skin and normally have to blot consistently throughout the day, with this stuff (paired with my urban decay de-slick foundation setting spray), I blot once throughout the ENTIRE day. The beauty of this product is that you can tap a very light layer of product to concentrate on fully covering up any uneven spots or blemishes. It's like having a concealer and foundation in one. I was shocked by the price of this product, considering the quality you're receiving. Because you need such a little amount, this stuff will last FOREVER. Factor in the cost and how long you'll have this stuff for, and it's a steal! The only downside that I could see, is the colour range. The range of colours for this line are quite poor. I have yellowy-neutral undertones and am quite fair throughout most of the year, so the Opal #15 was a perfect match for my skin. But my very very fair best friend, who has pink undertones to her skin, couldn't find a colour that matched her skin at all. You'll definitely need to test it out in daylight to see about a colour match. But other than that, it's by far the best foundation that I've ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by thistlerocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I did my research and almost everyone loved this, even in my age range. Where could I go wrong?

But I don't know what I am doing to make it not work for my skin. This shows my pores too much, looks very cakey around eyes, which is the worst part. I use a silicone based primer, which works great with my Revlon Colorstay normal to dry liquid foundation. I basically have combo skin, but age makes that more combo to dry now than combo to oily, so that's why I chose that formula, plus it was winter when I bought the first time and have used that formula ever since. Back to Vichy... it felt wonderful while putting it on. Some say this is full coverage, but the company doesn't even call it that. I have blotchy, leftover freckles & redness and don't think this is full enough to cover well. When applying around the eyes, I use a light coverage and still makes me look years older. Heaven forbid if I try to add a concealer there, it just gets even worse and I've tried multiples. I had such high hopes for this and have no idea why I am different, and just don't like how it looks on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by biscuit3051

What an amazing purchase at under £15. The real deal,no messing about with this ! It's a real worker,conceals mega things like acne and sun damage ,for darker scars or colour patches you may need to add a bit more on after wards .
I don't know why its so hard to find full cover foundations but it is . Think the colours may be limited in this ,I am pale ,but not porcelain and I prefer a more yellow based foundation ,the nude is great on me ! Will now always have this,I got it for £12 on amazon,boots under £15 .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- still loving this. I apply in sheer layers (max two layers) with a latex sponge wedge. Try that way if you are having trouble applying without overdoing it!! My foundations from make up for ever, dior, l'oreal, bobbi brown, bourjois, have all taken a back seat to this. it is the best. Do not shy away from it after reading the ingredient list--i have very sensitive skin and any product with silicones seemed to break me out very badly. this doesn't. perhaps there are different qualities of silicone, i don't know--but i have noooothing bad to say. EDIT: tried this with tinted moisturizer and a drop of high beam all over face. looked awesome and natural, great coverage still.
AMAZING! It has a kind of dewy/illuminated finish that i can't describe, if i use it alone. This covered up a scar that NOTHING else was, not my other concealers/correctors/foundations in various combos. AMAZING. And it's not cakey, just perfect. I love this. You just need a smidgen, much more economical than drugstore foundations/concealers that one goes through very quickly due to having to build em up. HIGHLY recommend. I mix this with my No 7 Beauty balm to make it more illuminating for the rest of my face, and to dilute it. To be honest I preferred it just as a concealer
You can use this in these ways, or in combo with a foundation you already like, as a concealer.
One thing, my primer makes this hard to use. Just on plain, well-moisturized skin is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by sehartley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the colour gold 45.
I'm light tanned skintone.think Jessica alba.about nc 35 ish.
I love this foundation, the only downside for me is the colour choice.i managed to get a discount on this tube and if I need to I would buy two tubes and mix colours as i know I would definately buy this foundation again! Its now my holy grail.
I also got the setting powder, its worth getting! see my review on that.once set with the powder (which looks white and scary in the tub but is pretty much completely clear,even on my skintone) my face will last all day and all night.

I have dry skin so i use a good moisturiser under the foundation or sometimes a once a day SPF.i let it sink in. Then I apply a thin layer of foundation with my fingers and it blends like a dream.i tap a touch more on my under eye dark circles.i follow with a little of the powder to set it all.i have dry skin so i don't have much oil production to keep at bay.

Price wise its heck cheaper than my usual designer brands and works so much better.one 30ml tube will last along time as you use so little.
The tubes pretty boring looking and not the safest to put in a bag and travel with as it can leak.vichy need to uplift the packaging of this product.

Colour selection is awful, gold 45 is a little too dark for me but blendable.i might need to purchase the lighter colour sand 35 for winter and mix them.

I would recommend this to friends although its perhaps hard to get the correct colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ellieev

When a girl at the drugstore gave me a sample of this foundation in number 25 Nude I was prejudiced about it - I thought no way, it would be too cakey and heavy as my skin has not many imperfections and I rarely use full coverage products. But i fell in love with it, nothing like any other, better!
- great coverage without cakey moment.
- blends so good, melts into your skin.
- I found my exact color or the color adapted to my skin.
- it realy stays on your face at least 16h.
- a little amount of the product is needed for the whole face. For example: The amount needed is 4 times less than the amount of any Bourjois foundation I have used. Very little.
- Doesn't make skin oily after hours.