December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Polishes - OPI - Koala Bear-y

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great hot-pink color for cool-toned ladies. It's not too bright and not boring at all. This is a perfect summer shade, but as others have mentioned, it can work in Fall and Winter, too. I wear this on my toes and it looks very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by americangirlkit

I loooooooooove this nail polish so much. I love bright pink nail polish and this one isnt too bright so i love wearing it in the winter. Its such a pretty color and it lasts long like all the other OPI nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

Koala Bear-y is a deep, bright pink. In some lights it is more fuschia and in others it is more of a pink berry shade with some red tones. Like other reviewers have noted, this is a bright pink without being loud. This shade is fun, but still grown-up. I greatly prefer this (on me) to the hot pinks I seem to see everyone else wearing. I have cooler toned, pale skin and these shades are perfect for me. I am most likely to wear this on my toes, but this is not too bright for fingers. Koala Bear-y is a great shade for the cool-toned cream lover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well this sure is bright! It's a fun creme fuschia with a lot of personality and staying power! This is my second bottle, but the first one ERRUPTED all over my other nailpolishes, so be careful. This isn't the first time I've heard of OPI's bursting open for no apparent reason, so watch yourself when digging around for your next shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MICROMIN

Where is this polish from?

Koala Bear-y (NL A46) is a creme polish that was released with OPI's Spring/Summer 2007 Australia collection.

Other: This comes with the new PRO wide brush and contains no Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, or Formaldehyde

Now down to the nitty gritty, This is a lovely creamy berry hot pink, no shimmer but is very glossy. I found this polish to have a really nice constancy and it only took 2 coats to get the desired effect of an opaque look. As I said previously itís a lovely creamy pink, reminds me of OPIís discontinued Grenada and bare it, however this seems to have a deeper red base to it.

Wear and tear: Happy to say this has lasted me over a week and if I wasnít such a nail polish freak and changed my colour all the timeÖ I would say this would last another week. There was no signs of chipping at ALL .. the only thing is the polish seemed to look a little dull after 4 days.

I have no idea why I have waited till 2008 to wear this polish, I should have gotten onto the bandwagon with this one as soon as it was releasedÖ itís a awesome colour !!!

Would I buy this one again YOU BET!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my favorite hot pink polish to date, the formula is so smooth and even and dosent take 10 coats to get the opauge effect, i just love this one i even got my freinds leeming for it. if you are looking for a great hot pink that is opague this is the one.
note* this is a hot pink but many would call it fuschia, its more of a medium bright pink to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jamila75

This is my fav hot pink pedi color of the moment. I love the high impact gloss without shimmer. It is such a pleasure to peek down at my toes and find a fuschia color peeking back at me that is bright without being gawdy. I would not wear this on my hands, though. I have long natural nails so strong colors look garish on me. Plus I type constantly, and very few polishes can withstand the abuse without starting to chip and look terrible. But on my toes, this can last upwards of 2 weeks with not a chip in sight. I have been rocking this all summer and will continue to wear it during fall (and probably winter).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

I had a pedi with OPI Koala Bear-y and received many compliments on this creamy, non-shimmery fuschia. When I went back to the salon, they had sold out of this color. I went to another salon, then another, then every store and beauty supply store that carried OPI- all sold out! Finally, I thought to go to a low-traffic salon in the suburbs- and managed to find a bottle!!! Hurray! This is a fab berry because it's not too strawberry red, not too cool and teeny bopperish pink. It's a bright raspberry. On toes, it looks crisp, fresh, and flatters a wide range of skin tones (I was C3 and am more tan now). Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 8:47:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Koala Bear-y is part of the Australian collection by OPI. I absolutely love the color! I'd describe it as a hot pink, not like any other pink color I've seen before. It's very unique. It is not neon like nor loudish pink (over the top pink). The color is amazing for spring and summer.

As always with OPI n/p the quality is fantastic! Great lasting power, easy to apply... I have nothing to complain about. I'd definitely repurchase.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ivorycanvas

Absolutely love this color! I have to admit I bought it because of the name, but after just one coat, I'm hooked on the color. It's a bright fusia mauve-y pink. Love the wide applicator, and the chip-free manis it gives me!