OPI Koala Bear-y

4.8

This polish is a dark yet bright pink, It reminds me of the color strawberry, as opposed to the actual color of the fruit. The polish has excellent staying power and is very chip resistant ime. Even though it is a pink, it isn't super girlie or childish at all. It is flattering to my NW20 skin tone, but I can imagine it flattering warm toned women as well. OPI's brushes are a little wide for my taste, but that's my only complaint about this product.

on 11/27/2008 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I'm a NC50/55 and I love how this color looks. It doesn't make me look like a crazy 8th grader with bright pink nail polish. This is a fun wearable pink shade. It can be difficult to find a pink to wear especially on my dark skin. I also need to comment on how easy this was to apply. Some of my other OPI polishes are horrible and go on streaky and thick but for some reason I had no problem. I was able to get one good application then I topped it off with the Essie quick dry coat. I def buy this beautiful berry color again.

on 8/13/2008 11:20:00 AM

Love this color! Applies nicely, doesn't streak.

on 7/14/2008 11:00:00 AM

I got this color in a combo pack & have used it a number of times (especially for pedis) even though it is much too blue for my warm toned skin. It is somewhere between a fuscia & hot pink. I still love it although I will try to find a warmer version once this is all gone ;)

I was very pleased with the application & received a number of compliments when I wore it. If you are cool or neutral toned, this is a great one to add to your collection! Super for spring/summer.

on 7/10/2008 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a really great hot-pink color for cool-toned ladies. It's not too bright and not boring at all. This is a perfect summer shade, but as others have mentioned, it can work in Fall and Winter, too. I wear this on my toes and it looks very pretty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loooooooooove this nail polish so much. I love bright pink nail polish and this one isnt too bright so i love wearing it in the winter. Its such a pretty color and it lasts long like all the other OPI nail polishes.

Koala Bear-y is a deep, bright pink. In some lights it is more fuschia and in others it is more of a pink berry shade with some red tones. Like other reviewers have noted, this is a bright pink without being loud. This shade is fun, but still grown-up. I greatly prefer this (on me) to the hot pinks I seem to see everyone else wearing. I have cooler toned, pale skin and these shades are perfect for me. I am most likely to wear this on my toes, but this is not too bright for fingers. Koala Bear-y is a great shade for the cool-toned cream lover.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Well this sure is bright! It's a fun creme fuschia with a lot of personality and staying power! This is my second bottle, but the first one ERRUPTED all over my other nailpolishes, so be careful. This isn't the first time I've heard of OPI's bursting open for no apparent reason, so watch yourself when digging around for your next shade.

on 2/24/2008 3:52:00 PM

Where is this polish from?

Koala Bear-y (NL A46) is a creme polish that was released with OPI's Spring/Summer 2007 Australia collection.

Other: This comes with the new PRO wide brush and contains no Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, or Formaldehyde

Now down to the nitty gritty, This is a lovely creamy berry hot pink, no shimmer but is very glossy. I found this polish to have a really nice constancy and it only took 2 coats to get the desired effect of an opaque look. As I said previously itís a lovely creamy pink, reminds me of OPIís discontinued Grenada and bare it, however this seems to have a deeper red base to it.

Wear and tear: Happy to say this has lasted me over a week and if I wasnít such a nail polish freak and changed my colour all the timeÖ I would say this would last another week. There was no signs of chipping at ALL .. the only thing is the polish seemed to look a little dull after 4 days.

I have no idea why I have waited till 2008 to wear this polish, I should have gotten onto the bandwagon with this one as soon as it was releasedÖ itís a awesome colour !!!

Would I buy this one again YOU BET!!

on 12/2/2007 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is my favorite hot pink polish to date, the formula is so smooth and even and dosent take 10 coats to get the opauge effect, i just love this one i even got my freinds leeming for it. if you are looking for a great hot pink that is opague this is the one.
note* this is a hot pink but many would call it fuschia, its more of a medium bright pink to me.

Popular Polishes