August 27, 2014 | 1990 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE Gel Eye Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ShuUemuraLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

************************PLEASE CLICK CONTINUED. THIS REVIEW CONTAINS A PIC***********************************
What this is: Kanebo released this in 2007, as part of the spring collection I believe. It is a gel liner, not as creamy as MAC's, not as dry as Stila's. I haven't tried BB's or Clinique's to compare. It dries down really fast into a 'powder', as it's not that creamy to begin with. I find this decently-very well pigmented. It stays on my rather oily lids (which even Fluidlines fade on without base/powder).

Packaging: This is packaged in a jar reminescent of fluidlines, but it is smaller and the amount given is also smaller. This doesn't matter as you need very little. Kanebo also gives you a brush with the liner as you purchase. The brush is handy and I use it for all gel liners I use now.

Price: This is about 11USD retail price, but if you order online sometimes it is cheaper (ebay) or more expensive (other online sites). I purchased this retail in Taiwan.

Other Comments: Unlike Fluidlines, I don't think you could use this as a base for other eyeshadow colors because it simply wouldn't work like that.

Colors:
BK-1: basic matte black
BK-2: Black with silver shimmer
BR-1: a golden brown with golden shimmer
PU-1 (discontinued): Purpley blue, rather dark and cool toned
PU-2: I don't have this but I believe it is similar to Macroviolet, a warm toned purple

SPRING '08 Collection:
GD-1: metallicy gold
SV-1: metallicy silver
BK-3: black with multi colored shimmer

Would I buy this again? Definitely! I already am planning to buy the rest of the colors I don't own!!

Kate BR-1, MAC dipdown, Kate PU-1

Kate Pu-1, Br-1, MAC dipdown continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by little_eiffel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mainly due to reviews stating how easy it is to apply. I don't usually wear eyeliner because I always make a complete mess of it. This is definitely a lot easier to apply than other liners i've tried, it's just finding the right method. Also, the brush that comes with it is a big help, it's easy to control - great for eyeliner newbies.

The colour I bought was BK-2 which is black with a fine silver shimmer. The black is more of a deep grey and I was a little dissappointed by that. The shimmer is nice and not overpowering. You'll find a few spare spots of it on your face after a few hours, though.
I haven't used MAC's fluidline yet so I can't compare but i'll be trying it next.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by midnight_plue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

i'll review it colour by colour in terms of colour

BK-1 (flat black without shimmer)
colour is not that intense, but can use a few more layers on it to get a darker n stronger colour

BK-2 (black with sliver shimmer)
colour is not that intense with silver glitter, very nice n adds a light touch of glam
add on layers for stronger colour

BR-1(brown with gold shimmers)
lovely colour for a natural look! the shimmers are very much subtle compare to BK-2, if use for daywear it has a soft touch of elegance of it, and not too hard or too strong

the only bad thing is that u need to clean the brush immediately after using to prevent it from hardening with the leftover gel liner on it. and do remember to immediately close the cap of the gel liner tightly after each use to prevent it from drying up quickly.

overall:
a great buy for those who are just a beginner or on a budget because u can save on the brush and altho the liner is mini in size, it can last for a long long time, as u use very lil of it each time! :D

i'm looking forward for the gold, silver n purple gel liner arriving Malaysia's shore soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by bratirella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel eyeliner so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a gel eyeliner is so much easier to apply than a liquid or pencil one. I especially like the applicator - i use the thin side for drawing a fine line and the flat side for a thicker line.

This liner does not smudge or flake ... but maybe it's because the weather is cool and dry. Will update this review when summer hits.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lollipopsicledo

This product is great!
I have oily lids and this surprisingly stayed put the whole day without creasing or smudging!
It comes with a brush that I found was good.
The product is easy to apply and even though the pot is really small, a little goes a long way.
it's very pigmented ( mine's in flat black shade, no glitters. BK-1)
It's my first gel liner and I'm loving it. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by toxik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Click Continued >> for a pic and better viewing results of Kate Powder Gel Liner in BK-2 review.

I have always been a fan of gel liners (MAC Fluidlines esp.). When I heard Kate is offering a range of gel liners, I was excited to try it. I bought my very first Kate Powder Gel Liner in BK-2, a black colour (very very very slight hint of greyness in it, ok what I mean is, it is not a TRUE Black colour) with glitter shimmers.

When you purchase a Kate Powder Gel Liner, it'll come along with a brush. I think this'd be a great buy for anyone who's new to gel-liners, you do not have to look for a brush to go along with the gel liner. I didn't like the brush though, I'm better off working with my angled brush from the craft store.

Staying power was pretty good because I have damn freaking oily lids, it stayed put throughout the day except for the inner corners, which faded abit (but then again I have the itch-iest hand ever, I tend to touch the inner corners of my eyes alot, so I don't know if I could have rubbed off the liner when I did that, or did the liner faded by itself due to my oily lids)

The best part? NO SMUDGING!!! I'm always on a search for non-smudge mascaras and liners!! Mascaras no luck. :( liners: MAC f/l and Kate. Bobbi Brown smudges on me!

Ok now the cons: the glitters/shimmers present in BK-2, fall out of them sometimes happens and land on my undereye area (a few tiny pieces only)
Here's the thing. I may not advice you to get it in this shade if you're a contact lens wearer. Some of the glitter/shimmers fell into my eyes, no biggie. But when i removed my eye makeup, I felt some pain in my eyes, prolly due to the sparkles. I think my tears washed them out after that :) No no, not crying. My eyes got sensitive and starting tearing, thus washing out the irritants :)

Overall, an inexpensive "drugstore" brand to try out, and I am looking to repurchase in shade PU-2. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 1:22:00 AM More reviews by julienrei

This is my first gel eyeliner, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. It's wonderful, though! I use this more often than my Kate Super Sharp Liner now, because the color and texture of the gel liner is richer, creamier, and darker.

It's very smooth and easy to apply. Wait a little before blinking or it might smudge a little. However, once set (only takes a couple of seconds), it lasts the entire day without smudging or smearing. Perfect! Good for a natural look or go thicker for a more dramatic evening look.

Be careful not to dab too much on the liner brush (provided with the gel pot) or little bits might flake and fall off onto your lower lids when you apply the liner. IF that happens, just use a loose powder brush to gently sweep away any fallen bits. Don't touch with your finger or it will smear.

Overall, a big thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up in BK-2, which is deep black with silver glitter. It came with a little brush which I personally didn't find very useful...maybe because I'm used to applying gel eyeliners with my MAC 208 (small slant) brush. The reason why I'm giving this a 3 is because it's pricy ($15 for a teeny pot, containing maybe half as much product as a MAC Fluidline), and the glitter is gritty and winds up all over my face. I'm pretty sure the glitter was to blame for one particularly bad case of eye irritation. I'll definitely be going back to MAC (or maybe Clinique) and do not plan to repurchase this eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by blueblood91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i have kate powder gel liner in BR-1. it's a deep brown with brown/deep golden shimmer. it looks great on my brown eyes. what i love about it is that it comes with a handy little eyeliner brush that makes application real easy. however, this is not very long-lasting and i needed to reapply after about 4 hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in BK-2, which is black with silver sparkles. Sometimes products will look sparkly in the pot/pan, but don't actually show up that way on my face. You can actually see the sparkle in this, which I love. The gel is well-pigmented, easy to apply, and comes with its very own cute little pointed brush, which works surprisingly well (I'm deeply suspicious of the brushes that come with products). I bought this on Adambeauty for $15 USD. I think there is less product in the pot than BB or MAC gel liners, but I am pleased nonetheless--after all, they don't come with a brush! I would repurchase, as the staying power is good, and this is the only glittery gel liner that I know of.