TiGi S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Dethylhexanoate, Disopropyl Adipate, Disopropyl Sebacate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

on 1/15/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've actually had this for about six months; I used once on dry hair and this made it look nasty, so I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it. I usually don't use a heat protector, despite daily flat ironing and blow drying. My hair definitely began to look abused after awhile!

Anyways, decided to use it on a whim on WET hair and it was FAB!!! I have fine hair cut (but a lot of it) into chin length stacked bob, for reference. I sprayed this into my hands then dispersed on my hair from the ears down, blew dry with a round brush, then finished the ends with a flat iron. Using on wet hair has given me much more body!!! I love it! My hair is smooth and under control, yet has movement.

I can see how this might get greasy if used excessively or on dry hair; using it in moderation on wet hair has solved this issue.

My only gripes are the cost (don't remember how much it was, but over $20) and the crappy packaging.

on 1/5/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product worked really good... however, I noticed at sally's beauty supply, there is a product called Beyond the Zone Heat Spray and it was the EXACT SAME INGREDIENTS, i mean on the point exact, so I returned this $20 product and went and bought the $6 product at sallys. I can't believe they use the same ingredients but charge 3x more. but they both work the same

on 11/25/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want shiny glossy hair like you see in shampoo commercials, then you have to try this stuff. A little goes a long way, so unless you have dry hair, you probably just need to spray a little on your top layers before using a flat iron. Easy to use and the results last for several days.
The smell is lovely, too, but the packaging could do with some improvement (I ended up throwing out the ridiculous lid).

on 11/17/2008 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product smells SOO good. I would buy it again just for that! Its a very sweet strawberry smell. Anyways I love how it protects the hair from my flatiron, I really do think it helps. It also makes my hair more manageable and the flatiron slides through my hair as opposed to pulling the hair. Love it!

on 10/29/2008 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Whoa! That's what I thought when i used it this morning after my shower. my hair stylist had recommended this to me a few yrs ago but i have been using leave in conditioner for the past 8-10 yrs and i had good healthy long hair with a trim every 4-6 months and it had a natural shine and it was thick so i didnt worry. but i also had long hair at the time. i just got a cut last week ( a very chic bob cut and my hair hasnt been this short in more than 10 yrs) soooooo althouh i always straightened my hair before, it didnt have to be as perfect as it needs to be with this new cut and the day i came from the salon, i had good shiny healthy hair....then i washed and straightened (with tons of leave in conditioner ofcourse because i know that otherwise i would fry my hair pretty fast and it would be visible in short hair) ....so back to the poin... it was not as shiny, or healthy looking! in fact it looked dry and like i had been straightening forever...and it didnt flow and fall in the same way that it did the day i got it cut (go figure right?) soooo, i went to change my str8ner because the first thing was that mine was a 2 inch which was too big for the bangs and my bangs would NOTTT stay in place, they kept going up to the sky or the other side of the head.
So, basically i retraced what my stylist used that day and i knew i needed a new str8ner because mine was too big and also slow. Do i went and asked her which one she had, got a new one that i liked after going thru 2 others before asking her and hating them. anyway, i tried it all again and still dry, non-flowing, all over the place hair....so the only thing left was that she sprayed a heat defender in my hair and i had remembered that another stylist had told me about the s factor one and so i went out looking high and low and finally found it at ulta in another city! i read the reviews which were awesome and compared to the reviews for CHI b/c these were the 2 that ulta sales rep recommended.
So, I tried the s factor this morning. heres what i did after my shower: i air dried a bit (about 75 %) , and i always follow with a leave in conditioner, i used to love the thermasilk spray and then they discontinued and i recently found out that sunsilk's thermashine is the new thermasilk with a diff name! so anyway, i used a bit of sunsilk hydra tlc 24/7 creme which is just a leave in conditioner (bright pink bottle) and rubbed that into the ends of my hair to protect it and make it healthier so it can grow well. Then i sprayed s factor, blow dried and straightened...however i had read too much makes it greasy so i only did 1 spray on each side of the head, one on back, one on each side as i worked my way through each layer of hair. i instantly noticed the shine! looked healthier smoother, and oh so easy to straighten!...anyway, at the end, shine was pretty good, straightening was good. and whats more is i got the same hairstyle, perfect volume, bangs in place and looking well done, i curve the dns of my cut and they staye din place! however, one complain i have is that it made my hair a bit stiff as if i had hair spray in there, and although it made my hair stay in place and keep the style in place, i couldnt run my fingers through my hair without saying "ow" or getting tangled. i am wondering if its the sunsilk creme doing that because too much of that tends to weigh hair down and it did that in my previous experience.
so now the first test is that i am going to wait and see if these results last overnight and if it messes up when i wake up in the morning.
2nd test will be when i party this weekend all night and see how it holds up through a whole 24 hours.
3rd trial will be when i use a bit more of this heat defender (to see if i can do better on the shine and make sure i get all my hair protected) and less or none sunsilk leave in conditioner tlc creme to see where the stiffness is coming from
now for the bad stuff...i actually HATEEE the smell, makes me sick and made me sneeze immediately! thank goodness that the sneezing didnt last once the smell died down.....but it does make my hair smell good..it seems to bring out the smell of my shampoo once i am done styling.
also, the price is tooo much, wish they would have sales, does anyone know if they ever mark these down at all so i can stock up?? and its also hard to find!
lastly, like everyone else mentioned, packaging sucks! and i think i have said all i can think of, i will add or edit once i perform all my tests :)
but all in all, its a good product to have esp. if you heat style your hair a lot b/c i thought leave in conditioner was enough and boy was i wrong after seeing the results in one use!!!

on 8/27/2008 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I got this product because of all the wonderful reviews here on MakeupAlley. However, this product did not deliver. I did the blow dryer test to see if it really protects against heat. Sadly to say, I could still feel the same amount of heat on the hand without and product on it as I could on the hand saturated in this product. So, since this product does not do what it advertised to do, it gets the least amount of lippies.

on 8/15/2008 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have slightly frizzy hair, it's not thick nor is it thin. I can't say I LOVE this product but I can say I LIKE IT A LOT and refuse to take it back to the store. I sprayed a bit on my hair (damp) then a bit more after the flat ironing (sprayed on my hands and brushed over the ends of my hair ). This product made my hair look glossy not greasy, it felt lightweight, smooth and silky. I sprayed it on my hand, then on one side of my husband's (buzzed) hair, it went from dull to "glossy" as soon as it was applied. It made a difference! It last a while long too, 6-8 hours. I've tried Redken Smooth Down, it's too greasy and heavy for me. Biosilk, it wears out quickly. I have used Matrix Sleek Look Serum, which I like very much. This S Factor is a good product, cost is a bit much but it's a very good product.

on 8/11/2008 10:32:00 PM

Ok, so i've had this product for like 5 minutes and the cap already cracked - what's with this S factor line and crap packaging??? anyways, I dont care if the outer cap shatters completely, this stuff is AMAZING - used for the first time before and signed on to MUA rightway to post my review - i sprayed a few sprays on to my damp chin length hair, and then put a little bit of BTZ frizz zapper on the ends, and proceeded to blow dry... oh my god, my hair looks like a mirror... so damn shiney - and my hair feels 'heavy' - i had dry frizzy ends, that never laid straight, kind of curled up - this makes the ends feel heavier, its a good heavier, and moves like NORMAL hair does. You cannot tell at all i have curly hair at all... I figured if i sprayed this on my hair once it was all flat ironed it would be greasy, do i dont know how this would work on dry hair, but once i try that technique ill update my post..... cant complain about the Price, i get a hairdressers discount... so mine was like $15 - but would i spend $30 on it??? In a new york minute...........

on 7/14/2008 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i actually bought this product out of sheer desperation. i had bought so many heat protectant products in the past that either worked well but smelled awful or didn't work and smelled great but nothing that smelled nice & worked, that was until i found this product. this stuff smells so nice and protects my hair so well that i actually enjoy and even look forward to using it. i even spray it on on while my hair is damp before i blow dry. i absolutely love this and think that this is well worth the price.

on 7/8/2008 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wasn't expecting much, but delivered so well, I ended up in love. I don't really use this as a heat defender, but as a smoothing, softening hair spray. I am amazed by how it is able to diffuse frizz, add shine, provide softness, and smell great! Love it, love it, love it!

Popular Styling Products