October 24, 2014 | 1525 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Jox3347

Tried this after reading the reviews on MUA. Years ago, I tried the solid rock form and found it awkward and ineffective as a deodarant. This is dirt cheap compared to other deodarant products. I've been using this for 3 months now, and only used 1/2 of the bottle!! I was leary of using a deodarant w/out an antiperspirant, but this blew me away. No sweating, no odor, even after vigorous excercise. Lasts all day and my Kroger store is now carrying this for $2.49 a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by balmmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried several natural deodorants and have always been disappointed--until I found this. This roll-on works wonderfully and I like that there's an unscented version (I don't like smelling like essential oils.) Now I know why it's been popular for so long! I roll it on after a shower and let it dry. Then I pat some cornstarch baby powder over it to absorb wetness. It lasts all day. The only downside is that it only works on completely clean underarms (it stops the bacteria that causes odor), so you can't just reapply it the second day without taking a shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

The past year or so I've had horrible problems with my armpits becoming painfully sensitive to deodorants. They were peeling, burning, and itching. I tried deodorants for sensitive skin, moisturizing ones, and unscented. I also tried applying lotion or body butter to my armpits *before* the deodorants, but they all had the same effect - burning, itching, and peeling.

After taking about 4 months off of deodorants and using nothing but lotion under my arms, I decided to try this product. (For the record I'm a serious sweater. I don't "perspire" or "glow", I SWEAT! And YES, I did smell bad initially, but after a month or 2 the really strong, gross smell was gone. Maybe from the old chemicals and backed up sweat clearing out?)

This Crystal Roll-On Deodorant doesn't irritate the skin there as bad as other deodorants but I can't use it on bare skin. I MUST use a lotion first, then this product. It doesn't stop me from sweating the way an antiperspirant does, but it seems to reduce the amount I sweat a little while neutralizing the scent of the sweat.

Currently I go without any deodorant products most days and only use this when I'm wearing a shirt that absorbs odors or I'm worried about sweating A LOT(hot & a lot of activity, etc.). But now, even if I wear nothing but lotion and my sweat gets onto my shirt, it still doesn't smell nearly as bad as when I wore deodorant. Give it a try. Oh, and this product too. ;-)

Will repurchase for those days that I worry about sweating excessively.

P.S. I took off 1 lippie because I still can't use it on bare skin and if I use it too many days in a row with a lotion that is too light my underarms feel sore and dry. But my armpits are freakishly sensitive now. Don't let that stop you from trying this great ALL NATURAL product. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by SeaMist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. It keeps me clean, fresh & dry all day long. Nothing else has ever done that.
I read somewhere that you can also use on face to help with acne. I tried it and although it didn't really work too much with my acne, it really does help dry up the excess oils on my face. (I do have extremely oily face).

Great thing is its ALL NATURAL. And no fragrance.

The crystal is gonna last me for ages. Wooohooo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by UrbanBetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are done using tons of chemicals (including aluminum eek!) and unnatural products just to keep from being stinky, you have found the answer! I cannot say enough about this deodorant.
After using solids all of my life I thought it would be a hard adjustment but I was so wrong. At first, I was worried that since it doesn't have an antiperspirant I would sweat profusely but that never happened. Then I was worried that it wouldn't be able to hold smell at bay but not only did it work, it was so much better than my Secret Platinum ever was! And even better there is no fake perfume-y smell that overrides your own fragrances, it is completely non-smellable!
It only works if you use it directly after bathing and I have found if I keep my arms up a minute or two and let it dry completely it works the best.
I was more than willing to sacrifice a little odor/wetness for my health and peace of mind but luckily (and surprisingly) I didn't have to!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Wow - never in a million years did I ever guess that I would use a deodorant instead of an anti-perspirant /deodorant combo, but once I read the reviews here on MUA and due to an increasing dissatisfaction w/ the AP/D products I've used for years, I thought - why not try something totally different? So, I motored over to my local Walgreens (couldn't find this product at Target). Lo and behold, it was cheaper than the Degree I recently switched to (after developing some resistance to Dove and Secret products). I'm not usually a roll-on fan, but again, the MUA reviews did not steer me wrong.

For the past week, I have toweled off after my a.m. shower and put this on immediately. Using a roll-on takes a bit getting used to (having been a stick user for like 30 years), but, it does dry rather quickly and ......IT WORX!!!! Absolutely NO body odor - even by next a.m.! Its getting hot here in the midwest and I seem to be more sensitive to heat and am sweating (and smelling) more as I get older (I'm 42). My shirts, by the end of each day, always smell like whatever AP/D product I was using and while not completely horrible, still, I would rather smell my perfume than my AP/D product at the end of the day. This stuff = no smell at all!!! As a totally unexpected bonus, I don't seem to sweat very much under my arms w/ this stuff either (even tho its not a AP) My new HG!!!!

UPDATE 07/26/10 - can't believe I've been using this for 2 years and its still HG! About a year ago, Natural Valley Grocery Store started carrying this in 2 scented versions in addition to the regular unscented -(1) Chamomile & Green Tea; (2) Pomegranate. These are called Crystal essence. I have been using (1) (in roll-on form) for the past 6 months and LOVE it!! Just like the original = all day odor protection (including a 1-2 hour workout in the gym).

UPDATE 08-18-10 - according to the website, there is also a 3rd scent out, (3) Lavendar & White Tea. I just purchased and I LOVE this scent too! Neither the chamomile or the lavender versions interfere w/ any of my perfumes.

I can't recommend this product enough!

BTW - according to the website, they have never tested on animals.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I have always been on the search for the elusive perfect deodorant. This is about as close as you can get. Doesn't contain any harmful chemicals (your body absorbs most of what you put on your skin - and would you really want to be putting aluminum and parabens into your lymph nodes?) and actually WORKS at repelling odor! This doesn't give me that chemically fake cover-up smell like all of the other deodorants. Doesn't work as well at repelling sweat, so if you sweat a lot like I do, you might want to use Certain-Dri occasionally (yes, it has chemicals, unfortunately, but it's a necessary evil if you really want to stop sweating) along with this. I can't rave about this stuff enough. Love, love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

This stuff is fantastic! I got this on a lark, and it works even better than regular deodorant (and shockingly enough, better than the so-called "clinical strength" nonsense). I applied it once, and it got me through 10 hours on a train and outside in New York on an 87 degree day with no smell and minimal wetness. I am stunned.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by 1800inbloom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't be without this product! I use Crystal Roll-on purchased at LuckyVitamin.com and I can't say enough good things about it. I was using a heavy-duty anti-perspirant for years, Mitchum, and while it worked I worried about the ingredients with breast cancer on the rise. I was very cynical about a deodorant without anti-perspirant but I have never experienced any body odor in the entire time I've been using this and my husband and I have been using this product for two years or better now. We both are very active and workout regularly and still have all our friends, LOL! The only reason I gave this product a 4 for packaging is because sometimes the roll-on locks up, but this happens only infrequently. Also, the product directs you to use it immediately after showering and we have always followed those directions with the best results.

EDIT: Turns out I can't be WITH this product now! The alum (aluminum) caused me to start clawing my underarms they were so itchy! It got to the point that I would break out in giant red welts under my arms. My body was revolting and I got the message. I'm trying out various alum-free (even safer) alternatives starting with Kiss My Face Natural Active Life aluminum-free, fragrance-free deodorant. So far, so very good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this doesn't stop perspiration, it really does an excellent job of inhibiting odor. There is absolutely no scent to interfere with my perfumes/lotions. My husband and I each use this, and have repurchased it for several years now. I tried antiperspirants in the summer, but I still prefer this unscented roll-on. It works, it is super cheap, and available at my grocery store.

Edit 5/9/13: DH and I both had to discontinue using this product, as after years of use. Something in it began to irritate each of us. Tried it again, same thing. Not sure if crystal deo has changed, or if we have, but sadly we have moved on.