August 30, 2014 | 993 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Alula31

Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum is a wonderful product which I've been using for about 18 months.

I'm 31 & starting to get fine lines alongside having some sun damage. I didn't want to go down the botox, filler or laser route just yet, so I was so pleased to have found a product that works.... or perhaps I should say, works better than other products which cost more than 5x as much!

I now use the "Intense" version of this serum (I have found it to be more effective on pigmentation marks on my forehead) a penny size amount every night before bed. I don't use any of the No.7 night "top-up" creams with this product, just the serum alone with No.7 eye cream (eye cream isn't all that great - doesn't seem to tackle what it promises - but it is moisturising enough for most skin-types & 100% better than La Mer eye balm!). I expect the serum would work better with one of the No.7 moisturisers, but I don't feel my skin needs the extra layer, at least not yet! I always buy the tube (not the glass bottle) & it lasts me about 6-weeks. The key seems to be using a little goes a long way & using more does not mean you will increase the efficacy of the product - your skin will not absorb what it doesn't need & will end up sitting on the skin or over your pillow case!

P&P is an excellent serum. It beats most premium/prestigious brands in terms of effectiveness & price. Whilst the packaging is pretty plain (who cares!) the stuff inside is excellent. I will continue to use...... :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ulsenheimerak

WOW! surprised at the average reviews for this product, I'm only 21 and I have using this for a little over a month and have noticed an improvevment in every aspect it claims to help: my pores are SO much smaller, my skin texture and uneven color is almost completely evened out and so soft (a little scarring help too). The little lines around my eyes are basically invisable, and I think it may even be helping the coloring of my undereye circles? I don't know what else could be doing such and amazing job for my skin.. but I'm convinced that this product is the reason why I can leave the house w/o any make up for the first time since 8th grade!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product smells good, goes on great but what I don't like is you have to use so much to get the same result that a more expensive brand gives. I seem to be going thru this bottle way too fast compared to the La Mer Serum and others that I have used. The product is good, but not fantastic enough to buy again. It is a cheaper product, and whatever ingredients more expensive products use, it spreads way too thick. If this were a more expensive brand, a tiny bit would go all over my face. As it is, I am using a different squirt and using too much way too fast. I'm disappointed, frankly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by glvazquez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product.If you read the reviews carefully it becomes obvious that this product gets great marks for the 45+ age group.I am usually acne prone (even at my age) and after using this for over seven months can safely say it does not clog my pores.I would highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by glendaocon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about a month now and i have definately seen a difference. I really like it! I apply if after cleansing in the morning and I also use the Protect & Perfect Day cream too. I have very dry skin and I have found that it has greatly improved the texture of my skin, and plumped up fine lines, particularly around the edge of my eyes. Perhaps it does act like more of a primer as it does improve the look of my makeup. I will continue to buy it for as long as i see results. As i have 2 free samples in a tube I dont know how the real packaging is, but anything in glass would be annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What is the fuss all about?

I have used this for a month with absolutely no changes, positive or negative, in my skin. I use it twice a day. It feels like a primer on my face and I suspect silicone (or a silicone like substance) is in this. It feels nice going on, but has the weird "wet/dry" feel of silicone. I don't find it moisturizing in the least.

My skin looks okay after I've applied it, but when I wash my face in the evening and the day time dose comes off, my under eyes look the same as when I am not using anything, but they are strangely smoothed out after I use the night time "dose," leading me to believe that the results are only surface, and barely surface at that.

I'll use this up but will not repurchase. Anyone who stood in line for this silly crap must have been a victim of mass hypnosis.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by goshGirL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HOW I USE IT: I put it on immediately after the shower while my skin is still moist in the AM. Afterwards I moisturize and use primer before doing my makeup. In the evening I slather it on during my nightly cleansing routine.

THE GOOD: Leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. Glides on. Helps even out my skin before makeup application. Have been using it 2x a day for approx 3 weeks, I am on my second bottle. I like the results so far, not hugely noticeable results but I am 22 with fairly clear skin so I don't have much wrinkles (yet), but I do have some scarring and darkers spots, which I find it has helped reduce.

THE BAD: Packaging sucks. The bottle is in a nice glass pump, but I used up the whole bottle in about 2 weeks (quicker than I thought btw, I didn't think I used that much maybe 2-4 pumps of the bottle each application) and before I ran out, the little tube attached to the pump top stopped working, then fell off and got stuck in the bottle, and I had to scoop out the rest of it with Q tips, which was really annoying. But I did buy it again, so I guess it was worh the work.

RESULT: Worth trying it, I will probably continue using it for a little while longer, I'm satisfied with the results so far (apart from the packaging, they should work on that!)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Anitacska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've almost finished the bottle and it didn't do anything for me at all. I'm 33, so not wrinkly, but have a few fine lines and a couple of deeper ones on my forehead, and I see no improvement. The texture feels nice and light and the packaging is stylish, but it is quite expensive for what it is, and I certainly wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by kittynt

Nice bottle, looks high-end, but doesn't work for me. I heard that this works wonders on older people to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, but since I am still 22 and I have no wrinkles at all, it doesn't really do anything to my skin. I do like the light consistency though. However, is it just me, or does it has an industrial-like, weird scent?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by madaba

I have been using this for two weeks and really like it. It has evened out my skin tone very well and also helped with shine (and allowing me to keep using my Shiseido Day Moisturizer, which was making me too shiny). I was reluctant to buy when I saw the lukewarm reviews here, but I think that for my age group (I am 38), this is a great product. Whether it has minimised my wrinkles or not I don't know (only two weeks...), but it has made my complexion much smoother and prettier, whereas other more expensive products (Shiseido and Clarins) were making me break out.

EDIT: Two years later, I am totally sick of this product and have moved on to EL ANR and a Clarins serum. The No7 one basically stopped working after about 9 months... I still use it on my neck.