October 21, 2014 | 986 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by thecappysmom

So far I've only used a sample of this, but I'm planning to order a full-size soon. Have to agree with others here that the smell is, uh, unusual and rather strong, but it does fade after a few minutes (or maybe I get used to it). Bottom line is it seems to be just enough moisture without breaking me out, which is significant for me. I also tried a sample of the skin balancing moisture gel, which had no odor and felt fabulous going on. But I woke up to annoying little whiteheads around my mouth and I suspect it was the culprit. So I'm going to risk the odd smell and go with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Bomzhuyka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried it only from a sample and it a very weird texture. I'm not sure how it is in the full size bottle, but in the sample it broke down and separated into a clear liquid and slimy white water stuff. I applied it to my face and it seemed very greasy and didn't absorb quite as fast as a lotion should, and it left my face shiny. Very strange since this is a lotion and both, the hydrating cream and the skin recovery cream, left my face quite matte and were easily absorbed. I don't know if I got a bad sample but this one was sure bad and if the lotion is really like that, there is no way I will purchase a full size.
UPDATE: I bumped it up to 5 lippies because I got a second sample and it was nothing like the first one. I guess the first one was defected. The second sample had no separation, had nice white solution that easily absorbed and left my skin silky smooth. Quite moisturizing and paired with PC cleanser for normal to dry skin makes a perfect combination. My skin is usually dehydrated, but this combo makes it very soft and moisturized. I was considering purchasing the hydrating cream, but I think as summer approaches, this lotion is all I need. Can't comment on the packaging quality since I only tried samples. Although it does look quite weird on the website. I wish it came in a tube.
One thing though: it has a very chemical scent, more so then the usual "unscented" version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just repurchased this, the one ounce bottle lasted me almost a year. Still, it is a bit over priced for Paula's stuff and her philosophy of not over charging for skin care. Maybe this stuff has some super expensive ingredients? Regardless, it is my holy grail of moisturizers. I don't notice a smell at all! If there is a scent, it's natural and not some fake perfume which is gross and so bad for skin. I use this at night and all I need during the day is Paula's 2% bha liquid under my foundation and powder.

editing April 23 2008 So, I paid attention to the scent and yes it's there, it's from one of the natural extracts in the lotion. I notice it when I put it on and that's it. So not an issue for me - love this stuff! Upped my rating to 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by miscreant_minx

I was not really into any PC moisturizer (devoted to her cleanser/tonor/exfollients, only), but when this came out I decided to try it. I really like this.

Cons: The packaging kinda sucks and it squirts out awkwardly; the price feels a little steep although it's actually on par with some of the excellent stuff coming out from Olay. (To my dismay, I can't use the acclaimed Regenerist products without breaking out). I also don't like that I have to mail order this, and I can't get a good sense on when I'm running low on the product.

BUT, this is a moisturizer that performs. It hydrates me without making me oily, or causing me to break out. It doesn't sit on the skin, and the texture feels amazing going on, even though at first it seems like it might be too light. This is perfect for under my heavy sunscreen, and it is a perfect summer nighttime moisturizer. In winter I will probably need something just a little more potent, but this has solved my problem of finding a good moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by znagel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample..it felt like it worked well..but I am sensitive to smells and it smelled like sweaty gym socks to me...rather intolerable..so I will not be buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by alka1

I love this moisturizer. It's light, moisturizes well, and works great under my makeup. I do however wish the price were lower. It's worth it however, and I will repurchase again.

Btw, I never understood people's complaints about smell. Not just with this product, but with all skincare items. The reason people complain about the smell in this moisturizer is because of the pomegranate extract.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by GlitterGirl172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample of his and like many other reviews on here I too cant get past the smell. Its a terrible smell. Even if it worked nice I cant get past the smell to use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by GoldieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just tried a sample of this moisturizer, along with several other PC products. I love it for around my eyes. It is light enough to use under makeup, even heavier concealers (for after those late nights!). Plus it's smooth without being greasy, and does not get cakey or pill up when you put stuff on top of it, which is my main gripe with most eye-area moisturizers! I love Clinique's All About Eyes, but you can't use it under foundation.

Compared to other department store brand products, I don't think $18.95 is "expensive" at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by calanthe

I bought some samples of this moisturizer and so far I love it. It's got a thin, watery consistency that I really like. It leaves me with a semi-matte finish and takes away any tight, dry feeling my face has after washing. I have tried other moisturizers, but even in sub-zero winter weather these left me feeling greasy. I did do a round of Accutane so I'm not breaking out as much, but most moisturizers and foundations leave me with little clogged pores and zits on my forehead. Hydralight hasn't broken me out so far and isn't irritating at all. It has no detectable fragrance and soaks in completely. I will be buying a bottle of this after my taxes are done because it's a bit pricey. Much better than any drugstore purchase I've ever made.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by jgavenda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers who do not know what all the fuss is about regarding the "odors"--maybe we're just used to everything smelling perfumey that when a beauty product doesn't we think something is wrong with it? It's fragrance-free so I would guess all you're really smelling is your own hands! I do agree that $19 for the tiny bottle is overpriced but since my skin is so sensitive and this moisturizer is so perfect, I'll shell out the $19 every other month. It completely sinks in on my clean face in the a.m. (under my MD total protector sunscreen) and over my MD hydrapure serum at night. I had been using a thicker cream at night to try to look more hydrated in the morning, but when I ran out and used this instead I realized I could skip the heavier cream and stick to this as my only moisturizer. (Big plus) I only wish I could buy this at stores instead of online everytime!