August 1, 2014 | 1072 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite the fact that Meow's website claims this is "medium coverage," I found it to be VERY sheer. I have a permanent pink flush in my nose/cheeks/chin despite having warm undertones, and even after I piled on several layers of this foundation you could still see all the pink tones and imperfections -- it barely hid anything. So I would only recommend this if you have nearly perfect skin or are looking for very sheer coverage!

On the plus side, this brand is great for pale skintones. I never found a liquid foundation pale enough for me (hence the switch to mmu -- I wore Aromaleigh until it was discontinued), but the palest ("Inquisitive") shades are actually just a hair too light for me! They also have a large variety of undertones to choose from so while you may have to try a lot of samples first, I would expect that most people could find a good match here. The finish is also matte, which I prefer with my oily skin. Due to the sheer coverage, I didn't bother to wear this all day so I'm not sure if it oxidizes or controls oil or anything.

Since this was so sheer, I sampled their Flawless Face formula next and I like it much better. I'll review it once I've figured out my color match and have worn it for a while.

Packaging: Sample baggie or choice of 2 sizes of sifter jars

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jukeb0xnc0ke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 04/19/11: I have since stopped using this as I believe it was giving me clogged pores. It seemed like the more I used it the more it just kind of looked chalky where it didn't meld into my skin as much as it used to.
I am now using Shiseido's Dual Balancing Foundation in O60.

EDIT 01/12/11: This foundation is great during the summer months when I am more oily and the humidity is sickening. However, I found that it was very drying the winter months and switched back to my liquid foundations until the summer hits again.

ORIGINAL POST: I am IN LOVE with this foundation and it is definitely my HG! I have worn this for over 2 months already and I will have to say it is one of the best foundations I have ever used whether it be liquid or mineral! I have suffered from severe acne and now have several pit scars all over my face and even my neck. I've used MAC studio fix, lancome, clinique, several drugstore foundations, and I have never found one that did not accentuate (oiling up and sinking into the scar) although scarring cannot be invisible no matter the product. However, PP in Naughty Korat matched my MAC NC 35 perfectly and was mostly a matte finish until 6-7 hours of wear even in this heat & humidity! I used a flat top brush and stippled two layers on. If I have some slight blemishing, I will lightly go over it but not completely covering it to give it a natural look. I also have applied this wet...I dampened my kabuki brush and sort of dab into the powder and swirl onto my face for a heavier coverage if need be. I then go over it with my oily finish primer on my t-zone and voila! I get this glow to my face that isn't oily nor heavy. I love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am sooooo disappointed! I wanted to love this so much! I have sensitive, acne-prone, and pale skin, and I wanted to get something that would be good for my skin. I got a sample of this in Himalayan Inquisitive and it was still too light...even for me!!! The coverage is virtually nonexistent and emphasizes dry patches. My skin feels dry and chalky. It's expensive even though the samples are only a dollar, the shipping is ridiculous. I'm really disappointed. Unfortunately I'm still on the search for an HG. :(((
I just tried it, so I will update if I have any adverse reactions like itching or breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far I really like these foundations. I've tried Bare Minerals but their texture is chalky and cakey feeling on the face and there's not a huge color selection. So I tried 10 samples of different things and found that if I mix Sleek Mau and Frisky Chausie, it works perfect for me. The coverage of Pampered Puss is eh-eh. I am thinking about getting a munchkin size of Flawless Feline in Sleek Mau and the full size of Pampered Puss in Frisky Chausie. I also really like how you can get the matching concealers and the blushes/bronzers that match your skin tone as well. It washes off easily and doesn't feel oily afterward. Everything is also 100% itch-free for me so yay! And your skin can definitely breathe under the powder. No cakey or chalkiness and it feels like your own skin and not a mask. Some people might think the coverage is lighter than they would have wanted but you can definitely layer on this foundation and it really doesn't feel like it's building up. You could even try putting on one shade over another shade and build your coverage like that. So yes, I'm very pleased and will probably be purchasing the bigger versions of everything I like :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by maryanng

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a 64 yrs. young and have taken great care of my skin, therefore, it looks much younger and only fine lines or wrinkles. I hated liquid or cream foundations and about 5 years ago tried BE and after ditching their brush for a kabuki brush from Seacliff I was very happy. The 2 things I didn't like were the sparkles and the way it made my pores look larger. I recently embarked on a mineral powder search and discovered that most have bismuth oxide, which is not good for your skin. I emailed 1 of the largest beauty suppliers and was directed to the Meow cosmetics site. Thank you, thank you. I asked several questions and the chat forum was great for responses from both Tammy and Jen. THEY URGE, URGE YOU to TRY the sample baggies BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!!!! Very smart and each bag is enough for over a week. Many of the reviews on poor color match should go the MEOW site and order the ample baggies for $1 each. I ordered 20 different shdes and coverages and like Fierce Persian in Pampered Puss and a few others. The result is my skin looks almost flawless, no sparkles and no large pores, this I attribute to the absence of bismuth, if not then who the heck cares as long as it looks and feels great!!!!!!! I have plans to blend the lighter samples with darker ones to use up my samples. My husbands comments, "your skin looks great, it doesn't even look like you have makeup on", was the clincher for me. The object for me is to look like I am NOT wearing makeup not change my skin shade and that's why I tried mineral makeup years ago.Thanks Tammy and Jen, I am PURRRRRRRRRRING and a MEOW convert for life!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hi,

I was recommended to try this foundation by a friend who has had as much difficulty finding a foundation match as I have, over the years. I have been delighted with the result (also the matching concealer)

Texture and comfort
Without doubt this is the most comfortable makeup that I have ever worn. I cannot feel it on my skin. Even when I touch my face with a finger, it just feels like a perfected version of my own skin - no film, no slick, no thickness. The coverage is light to medium. If you want full coverage then I suggest you go for Flawless, or prepare to layer. I put it on with a flat topped brush. It takes less than a minute, and lasts very well, even on my oily skin. No itching (like with BM and Tru Minerals).

Colour match
This brand has 85 different shades.
Yes, 85 DIFFERENT shades.
And they sell EACH shade in one of three textures, light, medium and full coverage. They will send you a sample (enough for several full faces) for $1, and they actively encourage you to purchase many samples. There is a postage discount if you buy more than 20 samples.
Frankly, if you don't find a match then you haven't looked hard enough!
They also sell matching concealers and undereye concealers in different textures.
I ordered 4 different colours in 3 different shades. One colour was bad, two were wearable, and the 4th was perfect - and believe me, finding foundation with soft gold undertones is unbelievably difficult. especially in a light shade, and I have NEVER had such a good match. The other colours range across peach, beige-pink-peach, olive, beige, golden-beige, yellow, beige-yellow, yellow-peach, peach-yellow, warm pink, cool pink, warm, neutral.

My match is Korat, Sleek (golden beige in the second to lightest shade). Siamese, Sleek (neutral shade) was the next best match

Below I have listed all the foundations I have tried in the last few years, in case anyone else out there finds the info useful as a comparison:

Bare Minerals, Fairly Light - itchy and too pink, and Iight - itchy and too dark/wrong undertone

Glo Minerals, Golden Fair - a touch too dark and too murky looking

Laura Geller, Balance and Brighten Fair - too pink and too muddy

Laura Geller, Balance and Brighten Regular - OK tone, but too dark

Laura Geller, Phenomenal Foundation in light - ok shade, too dark,

MAC NC15, correct depth of colour, wrong undertone

Tru Minerals, Porcelain, this had peach undertones and itched like crazy - I could tone it down to an OK match with YBF neutralising yellow powder

Estee Lauder, Double Wear liquid, Bone (1W1) - good match, but shows white in some lights and camera flash, maybe a touch pale in daylight

Estee Lauder, Double Wear powder, Linen (1W2) - until I found Korat Sleek, this was the best match - correct beigeish undertone, almost correct depth of colour (it is a tiny bit darker than Korat)

Thank you Meow!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

10/4/10- I'm adding a more comprehensive review now that I have been using it for so long. I've discontinued my search for a liquid foundation since I finally found an application technique that works for me. You may want to try this method if you find that you can't get enough product on and/or it looks flakey. First I prime my face with aloe vera gel. Then I spritz a section of my face with Thermal Water (or Fix+, something like that) and stipple the foundation on with my EcoTools Kabuki. This gives the foundation something to stick to. Then I do a final spritz after applying blush/bronzer. This gives my face a flawless look and I haven't had flakies since. The powder really needs to meld with natural oils or something of the like. Also, lasting power is pretty darn good! I wore it during the hottest months of the summer and never had a problem with it rubbing off. Don't tell anyone, but I have fallen asleep many a night with this foundation on and and it still looks good in the morning.

I have to add that this is EXCELLENT for sensitive skin. It does not break me out or cause irritation of any kind. First foundation (liquid included) that I can say this about. It is more sheer, yes. I have started putting a little concealer over the problem areas. I'd rather do that than pile on several layers of foundation. Any more than two layers starts to look a little heavy.

EDIT: 8/4/10

I decided to give Meow foundations another shot and ordered some new samples since I'm am darker in the summer and the first round didn't match me perfectly.
My match is now Naughty/Fierce Abyssinian and the coverage is better than the Frisky I had previously. There must be something about Frisky Abyssinian in the PP formula because I know there are many others who experienced the same issues. FF still has better coverage, but it itches! I'm glad I decided to give Meow another shot! I will buy this again. My previous rating was a 2, but I've decided to give it 4. Pampered Puss is not perfect, but it's also the only mineral foundation that my skin will tollerate. I find that I'm needing more coverage, as this does not cover redness or acne scars (and mine are light). Primer is an absolute must or it will sink into your pores.

OLDER REVIEW: I have to agree with Satinsheets's review. I bought Frisky Abyssinian, as well, and it is like white powder with a slight tint of yellow. There is too much of a difference between that shade and the next shade up. The coverage is also meh and is very glittery! I much prefer the formula in Flawless Feline because it gives great coverage and is more matte. I do love this company, though and enjoy their other products.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by RumbleBee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product! i've tried other mineral foundations, such as BE, and they irritated my skin. this does no such thing. it glides on and disappears into my skin. i settled on the 4 Mau in fierce, and hope to get the same shade in 5 for summer. you actually have to buy the samples first if you want to match your skin tone, or else you may end up with the wrong shade, and then you've just wasted your money. for some ppl thats a pain, but i actually enjoyed it. onto coverage, when i apply this i use the sonia kashuk synthetic flat blusher brush for when i want full coverage all over, or just where i have a breakout or discoloration. it i want medium coverage, i use a kabuki brush. light coverage i use a powder brush. i hope that helps some people with the coverage issue. it does matter what kind of brush you use for application. thanx for reading :).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm quite disappointed in this product, I bought it because of the positive reviews. I was looking forward to trying it and expected it to replace my Everyday Minerals. I bought this in Abyssinian in Frisky (which is Light) the shade description says for beige and yellow undertones, which sounds ideal for my asian skin. When it came in the mail, the color did not match the swatch color on the website, it looked like ghost white transclucent powder, and it has about the same coverage. To me it was like putting chalk on my face no coverage, I don't have problem skin but I like a foundation that evens and looks great. This did nothing for me!! Disappointed, can't return it and would not be willing to try another shade. I bought a full size :( oh well, maybe I'll use as a finishing powder over liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best mineral makeup foundation I've ever used!

I ordered a few samples ($1 each) after consulting the online forum about what my ideal match is (just submit a photo and you'll get feedback).

I usually have a really hard time with mineral makeup disappearing after a few hours due to my oily skin, but as long as I use the oily skin primer from Meow Cosmetics under this, it lasts most if not the entire day. But what I absolutely LOVE most about this powder is the fact that I do not have to buff it in like other makeup lines. Because of this, it's very quick to apply and looks flawless even with my large pores. Sinks in quickly and never looks cakey. Although there is visible mica in this foundation, at least its not like EDM where I look down-right shiny after application.