April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by vapudlak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this powder and loved it, however, I am one of the people that break out from it. Like the other people have wrote, it worked great for controlling shine, but after a few days my face was all broken out and my pores were really clogged! More than from any other product I have ever used before! It was really strange...it can work so well, but be so bad for my skin?!

Oh well, I now have been switching between Meow Cosmetics Primer Puss Powder for Oily Skin and Alima Balancing Primer Powder and am not sure which I like better yet. It is weird that the Meow Cosmetics Primer Puss has silk dust as an ingredient, but it does not seem to break me out like the EDM Silk Dust? WEIRD!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Jenglory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the pure silk dust - a great primer, great over makeup. I apply a thin layer using a powder brush and gently buff into my skin. On a daily basis, I use it on its own to absorb oil and even out my skintone. I've already repurchased but it will take a long time to finish this first jar!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

I love this stuff, it is an absolute HG for me. I use either the pure (translucent) one or the tinted - both shades are fine on my pale skin. I use this as a primer, and I also mix a little bit into my laura mercier mineral foundation powder to lighten up the shade a bit. (the lightest LM shade, tender rose, is a bit too dark for me.) the silk dust controls shine all day without drying out my skin. it never gets cakey and does not clog my pores. i also like that silk dust is supposed to be beneficial for your skin, having natural antibacterial properties. will definitely repurchase, this is a staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by 4695Lisak

I purchased the Summer Silk Dust, and it does a great job for giving a shinefree, airbrushed look. Works great as a face primer before foundation/concealor. I took off one lipie cause it is ooohhh sooo dark when applied to the skin. On the screeen it doesn't look like it does in the container. I tried to lighten it up some with my foundation, and my face still looked dirty. Didn't seem to dry out my skin though. I ordered the small tinted version, and hopefully that will be a better color choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by bluecirce

Wow. This is my first time writing a review, but I feel compelled to for this powder. This is the first product that has hands down stopped shine for 8 plus hours. I've tried everything: MAC Blot Powder, oil control serums, blotting papers, etc. The smell is weird and it can be a bit drying which is why I'm taking off one lippie, but otherwise this rocks. I have the tinted version and it's perfect for my pale skin. Plus, according to the EM website there are ingredients in this powder that are actually good for the skin! I am hooked. Will update if I notice any breakouts, as other reviewers have mentioned. But so far, my super sensitive Irish/Swedish skin has taken nicely to this product. Better than the majority of higher priced products out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 5:23:00 PM More reviews by ripsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this!. I have it in the untinted version. It makes my skin look almost airbrushed. I only use a little bit. It is also good for your skin! I just started using the Everyday Minerals line and I am so far very happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by RSue92

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the Everyday Minerals line. I have several foundations, blushes, eyeshadows and the tinted finishing dust.
    I thought I would try the Silk Powder, as it contains no corn starch or talc. Well, after trying it several times, I always seem broken out afterwards. It's great at stopping the shine,- but I won't use something if it makes me break out. I really had high hopes for this product, too. It made my foundation go on so smoothly and it made my pores virtually disappear!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, dear. I so wanted to love Silk Dust. EM is the only mineral makeup I've been able to use that doesn't break me out. I bought a small size of Silk Dust to use as a finishing powder. It worked beautifully to set my makeup and absorb oil throughout the day. However, after a few days of using it, I broke out in horrible cystic acne. I didn't try anything else new, and it wasn't that time of the month so it could only have been the Silk Dust. Since I stopped using it, my skin has cleared up 100%. Sigh.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

I ordered the Silk Dust in full size and it was a waste of money. I guess i could have returned it, but then I would have to spend more money for shipping etc. This was not translucent at all. In the areas that I applied it, it made my face look "bright white". I even tried to buff it off, but it was too late. I had to wash my makeup off and re-do it all over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product. I use the tinted version as primer and finishing powder. It makes my skin really smooth and my mmu goes on really silky and it lasts all day. I also use it at night after I apply my emu oil and it makes my skin even more silky. I can't say enough about this product.