July 31, 2014 | 1028 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Convertible Eye Color

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2004 2:53:00 AM More reviews by queenstacey

I love Stila Eyeshadow. The colors you see on their site are true to the actual color.

The eyeshadow goes on smooth, and in not at all cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by hhmrsm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Stone, just bought another one in Violet. I have to say again I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. This is my HG of eyemakeup. I take one along in my purse with me, and I can wait and makeup my eyes when I get to work if I am running late(before anyone sees me), and I can touch up the whole thing later if I need to, but I usually don't. It lasts the workday and beyond, I love the colors, and you cannot beat the convenience of these products. Will definately repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2004 11:19:00 PM More reviews by michelle007

this is my make-up staple, especially in the summer months and when i am pressed for time!

the liner is so smooth that application is a breeze. also, the shadow is VERY easy and foolproof to apply. i also use the shadow pen part to line underneath my eyes for a light smoky effect.

the only one i've ever tried is clove, and i'm on my 3rd stick. it is expensive for what you get, but to me money is well-spent when you love something and it works for you.

i am pretty tan right now, and the clove is an amazing accent! paired with my chanel unity gloss--and a little bronze shimmer cream on my cheekbones---it's the most divine summer look!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2004 5:12:00 PM More reviews by hhmrsm

I have this in Stone. I love to carry it in my purse for touchups during the day. The color is beautiful, a shimmery taupe shadow with a dark-brown liner with gold shimmer. The staying power of the shadow surprised me. I have oily lids that don't hold shadow well, and this lasted 4-5 hours on me.Will definately repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2004 5:03:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

well, i really wanted to like these, but i had both berry and violet and finally swapped them away. i bought them as eyeliner, which came with an eye shadow inside (not as eye shadow with liner, if you get the difference). maybe other people bought them more for the shadow, since there are so many reviews here filed under "eye shadow" for this product.

anyway, as an eye liner, these are hard and difficult to draw onto my eye lids. as an automatic liner, it's not so fine a point, so it's also tough to get a thin line with it. MAC's kohls and powerpoints go on soooo much easier, i can't see why one would buy these. plus, these colors are fine but flat, and therefore nothing special.

the eye shadow on both of these was really nice (nice color, smooth finish, etc.), but the applicator packaging is a bit of a pain, and you end up getting more shadow than you really wanted.

so all in all, i don't recommend this product. yes, i paid $28 and now they're $18, but i still don't recommend them. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by nanda

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2004 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Jodie_h_98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great concept, very poor execution, even by Stila standards.

This is an eyeliner / eyeshadow duo; the eyeliner is a wind-up style, and the shadow is applied on a sponge applicator -- which actually works out much better than you think. It doesn't wear very well, though, and I ended with smudges by mid-day.

The real problem here, though, is the packaging; maybe I got a lemon, but my eyeliner wouldn't "wind down" fully, and eventually broke off comletely because it was so soft. I only used it three times! For the price, I expect a little more quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 2:09:00 PM More reviews by urbanchick_uk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now these I do like. The idea of a shadow and liner combined is great and saves so much time, especially when I am on the run!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2004 12:51:00 PM More reviews by triciahill

I love this in Stone, but like everyone else was horrified by the small amount of the gorgeous taupe shadow, so I went on a hunt for alternatives. Grace by Stila I can't get to show up very well, even when I prep my eyelids with Laura Mercier Eye Basic (thanks for the tip MUAers). The closest alternative is Ashes to Ashes by NARS, which is a fairly good match. Another (warmer) option is Topaz by Laura Mercier. If anyone has any other options I'd love to know about them. But why can't Stila just do the shadow in a larger size? Grace is but a pale imitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 1:46:00 AM More reviews by TanMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received the CEC in Stone in a swap and have since decided that it's my HG of eyeshadows. I don't even use the eyeliner part, because it's too thick and I don't generally wear eyeliner anyway. But the eyeshadow is just the perfect taupe and has just the right amount of shimmer, it glides on so great with the little foam applicator, and it looks beautiful with my blue eyes. Of course, the price is INSANE for the amount you get, especially since I don't even use the eyeliner. But I'm sad to admit that I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out of eyeshadow because the Stone is just too perfect.