April 16, 2014 | 1938 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Well Dressed

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this blush! It's a very light, sheer pink but very buildable and gives a nice, subtle glow to the cheeks. Brilliant for everyday or a no makeup makeup look! Will repurchase over and over again! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by laulau

I had seen this blush on numerous people and loved it so I went out to buy it myself.
Got home and put it on and nothing happened.
I don't have particularly light or dark skin! I'm generally an NC25-30, but there was no colour on my skin from this blusher.
I have put layers and layers of this on and only after LOADING it on to my face can I get a bit of colour.
All this does for me on a general basis is add a bit of shimmer. Other than that it's a bit pointless so I wont be buying again.
It's a shame as when I had swatched it (under the bright lights of the counter) it had looked promising.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by A1990

Gorgeous blush! It gives a really soft pink flush and is buildable. The texture is smooth and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well dressed is a sheer light pink with a soft luminous blue shimmer. People compare this with "Pink Swoon", but they are completely different sides of pink. Pink Swoon is a Sheertone, very peachy, and I found it to be patchy. Well Dressed is a Satin, although quite a light and sheer one, and is a purplish pink.

I think it behaves more like a sheertone frost. One layer shows your skintone right through and is shimmery in a glowy way. But if you put on more layers it becomes quite frosty. The texture is chunkier than most Mac blushes - more than a layer and the frost highlights large pores, wrinkles and crepy skin. I like the color but I'm not in love with the coarse texture quality. Also, the most hard packed blush I've ever come across and I disliked having to rub my expensive blush brushes vigourously over the surface to pick up enough color.

If you are one of those people that find that Mac blushers all go orange on you, you may consider Well Dressed, especially if your skin is light. While it goes on a purplish pink in the morning, the blue in this just manages to hold it still looking pink rather than peach by end of the day. Another good thing about this shade is for layering over the top of other more pigmented blushes to add a special glowy sheen.

PS I wish MAC would come out with some truly pale and pigmented blushes. Sheertones don't count. I'd love a pigmented Pastel Baby Pink, Pastel Baby Lilac and a Pastel Baby Peach please MAC!! I have a serious lack of doll-like blushes in my collection with good coverage!!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I bought this for my blush palette because i dont have a light pink and i was silly, i didnt try it on at the counter. i should have, then i wouldnt have bought it.
there is nothing wrong with it, its a mac blush. its pigmented and a great satiny finish - looks natural. the only problem i have is i dont like it on my NC35 skin colour. it looks way too pink and i dont find myself reaching for it often.
i am guessing it is more a night time colour to pack on and do creative things with, but in terms of an everyday blush, it is not (and i like all my blush colours to be able to be worn in the day and the night)
i like the finish, i like the colour, just not on me. i wont be repurchasing but not because it is a poor quality product. i am sure it is great on other people.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by MontanaSnowflake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful color, thats for sure, however......its too light for even my fair skin and it turns out, I don't look very good in such colors.....I look far better in Cubic and Blushbaby. I didn't send it back, it makes a really nice eyeshadow. :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

It makes me sad to write this review. This is my first MAC blush, and I researched so many swatches, read so many reviews, AND swatched it in a MAC store before asking for it for Christmas. I needed a nice, cool-toned baby pink with a dewy finish. Well-Dressed meets those criteria. However, there's just one problem: it has no pigmentation whatsoever. And I don't even mind that so much, but when I layer it, it becomes this very obvious chalky layer of powder. I'm NW20, for heaven's sake! How pale does one have to be for this to show? When it catches direct bright light, it's nice. So I suppose if I conducted all my affairs outdoors in Southern California (I live in the Midwest) it might work for me. Or maybe walk around with a battery-operated LED makeup mirror glaring in my face? Alas, that is not feasible. MAC, why for you hurt me so much?

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by breew0nderful

I really love the color, but on my fair skin (NC/NW 15) it doesn't show up as strong as I'd like. Beautiful color, but not for me I suppose!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SkylarJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only Mac blush I absolutely must have in my collection. I use this blush over top of pinkish-toned cream blushes to soften the edges and give a great rosy glow. On my lighter olive skin, it does show, and is buildable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This went back - I have very fair skin and it hardly showed up. And when I packed it on, it got powdery.