October 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Well Dressed

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by JosephineC

I LOVE this blush. It gives me a fresh light pink cheek look- like you've just been in the cold or something! I literally wear this everyday. I have a fairly light complexion so it shows up pretty easily. It isn't too bright that it looks unnatural like some other pinks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by ninadg2

I'm NC25 and find this quite sheer so I tend to layer it over cream blushes rather than spend time trying to build it up.
The actual colour, no matter how little I put on, looks unnatural on my yellow-based skin tone. And I can wear a lot of cool-toned blushes with no problem, but for some reason, the tones in this blush just don't work with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love to wear this blush on my low-makeup days, when I only wear MSFN and some blush. I am NW15 and this is a nice, light bubble gum pink on my skin tone. Lasts for quite a long time. Pigmentation is nice, color can be built up easily. I don't know for sure, but this would probably not show up on darker skintones, as it can be a pretty sheer flush unless you build it up. Great for a natural look though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im between nw15- nw20 .. i looove this blush.. im not really fond of blushes, mostly because i hate how i cant find a really light "fresh-pink" color. well, well dressed is everything i was looking for. Its really light (i guess this is bad for some people who like blushes in more "vivid" colors) but for someone like me, who loves a little bit of pink blush for a fresh day look, well dressed wont disappoint you- even if you pack it on your brush. you cant go wrong with this blush as it is really light and if you blend it, you will fix any "mistakes" you made. ill definitely repurchase when i run out of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For reference I have NC30/C4 skin. This is a very pale pink colour and barely shows up on my skin, I really have to keep layering it on. It is a nice blush though if you want something understated. I prefer Dame when I want a pretty pink blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree that this is the perfect blush for fair-skinned ladies. My skin is roughly an NW5-10 and this gives it the most perfect, natural dash of pink possible. I love the soft glow it gives and the sheerness of it. So pretty, you will look like a doll.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this blush! It's a very light, sheer pink but very buildable and gives a nice, subtle glow to the cheeks. Brilliant for everyday or a no makeup makeup look! Will repurchase over and over again! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by laulau

I had seen this blush on numerous people and loved it so I went out to buy it myself.
Got home and put it on and nothing happened.
I don't have particularly light or dark skin! I'm generally an NC25-30, but there was no colour on my skin from this blusher.
I have put layers and layers of this on and only after LOADING it on to my face can I get a bit of colour.
All this does for me on a general basis is add a bit of shimmer. Other than that it's a bit pointless so I wont be buying again.
It's a shame as when I had swatched it (under the bright lights of the counter) it had looked promising.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by A1990

Gorgeous blush! It gives a really soft pink flush and is buildable. The texture is smooth and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well dressed is a sheer light pink with a soft luminous blue shimmer. People compare this with "Pink Swoon", but they are completely different sides of pink. Pink Swoon is a Sheertone, very peachy, and I found it to be patchy. Well Dressed is a Satin, although quite a light and sheer one, and is a purplish pink.

I think it behaves more like a sheertone frost. One layer shows your skintone right through and is shimmery in a glowy way. But if you put on more layers it becomes quite frosty. The texture is chunkier than most Mac blushes - more than a layer and the frost highlights large pores, wrinkles and crepy skin. I like the color but I'm not in love with the coarse texture quality. Also, the most hard packed blush I've ever come across and I disliked having to rub my expensive blush brushes vigourously over the surface to pick up enough color.

If you are one of those people that find that Mac blushers all go orange on you, you may consider Well Dressed, especially if your skin is light. While it goes on a purplish pink in the morning, the blue in this just manages to hold it still looking pink rather than peach by end of the day. Another good thing about this shade is for layering over the top of other more pigmented blushes to add a special glowy sheen.

PS I wish MAC would come out with some truly pale and pigmented blushes. Sheertones don't count. I'd love a pigmented Pastel Baby Pink, Pastel Baby Lilac and a Pastel Baby Peach please MAC!! I have a serious lack of doll-like blushes in my collection with good coverage!!

EDIT:
I found Dame (satin) was a great replacement for Well Dressed. Dame is also a light cool-toned pink for a sweet dolly / baby doll glow and looks especially great on fair skin. Does not turn orange, has a natural glow rather than shimmer, doesn't highlight pores, and I found it easier to pick up enough pigment on the brush. Can be put on soft and barely there, or built up to quite a bright pink without caking.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No