August 29, 2014 | 1796 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought this product time and time again. It thickens and seperates lashes really well, and the wand is really lovely for application. Amazing mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by TMK

I did not like this product at all. it didnt work great for me. It didnt give the the right amount of volume to my lashes. But good things was that it seperates the lashes and it doesnt clump. I think the worst thing about the mascara was the wand, i hated it, it was not flexible or anything. And the formula was i little too wet, and made my lashes thin and wet. no length, not much volume at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This is a ok everyday mascara. It is not as good as the Max Factor False Lash effect, but it is nice too.

This one separates the lashes and makes them look longer, but this brush does not give the same effect as the other mascara...

It is ok for everyday use...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by eefie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started with the Masterpiece regular version (gold tube), but changed to the Masterpiece Max mascara. All in all there is not much of a difference, but the Max is a little better imo. It retails here for 12 (around $16), which is a nice price for a mascara. It lengthens a little and it gives volume a little, but not dramatic. Since I prefer the more glamorous look, it is a bit too mediocre for me, but it is a nice 'everyday' mascara. The brush exists of nylon bristles, which I really like. It starts broad but ends in a little tip, which is quite handy for the hard to reach places (inner eye corner for instance). If I could, I would give it 3,5 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely not worth the price! I like the brush cause it's no clumps - I don't like the brush cause it's really hard if you hit the eyelid. I didn't like this mascara very much, it gave me no volume at all. It's a VERY natural mascara, too natural for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Nenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is fantastic. It does exactly what it says; giving you non clumpy, thick, long and defined lashes. I also like that it really seems to open up your eyes. Also it lasts well through the day and is easy to apply. I have tried many mascaras (drug store brands only, as i dont believe you should ever pay more than $25AU max for mascara) and this is by far the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Anne1960

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

My first drugstore mascara bought based on MUA reviews. I have used Lancome definicils, (alergic reaction) EL Sumptuous and CD Diorshow Extase (love the effect, hardly smudges, but they dried out after about a month), Clarins wonderlength (did absolutely nothing for my lashes) and YSL Everlong waterproof (smudged badly). I was getting fed up paying out over 20 every couple of months so decided to give this mascara a go. Brush is just the right size to reach small inner and outer lashes, lengthens, separates and volumises nicely. In the current very cold weather my eyes water and unfortunately this mascara does not stay put. I may try again in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by SiennaWu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the only mascara I currently use. It thickens, lengthens and separates the lashes (and the price isn't too shabby either). I have tried other products but always come back to Max Factor.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by swtbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an Asian, I have stick straight eyelashes. Takes ages and lots of clamping with my Shiseido eyelash curler to get them curled and even then doesn't last long. I'm not particularly interested in a lot of volume but more length and holding power. After trying CG's LashBlast and hating it I was on the hunt for another mascara.

I stumbled upon the Max Factor Masterpiece Max at Big W for AU$23.84. Found it pretty expensive compared to the LashBlast and other mascaras like the Maybelline Full'n'Soft (that are actually going for $10 at Kmart at the moment). Wish Max Factor went on sale a bit more (apart from at Priceline where it's still pricey with a discount!).

Didn't like the packaging ....if you called no packaging packaging - just had the mascara by itself with a security seal on it. So the black plastic was a bit scratched and had fingerprints on it. Others might not be fussed, but I like my stuff new and untouched thank you very much!

I quite like this mascara actually. For one thing, it doesn't clump at all. Definitely lengthened my lashes and you could see a bit more volume. I really like the brush, it's pretty easy to coat the inner eyelashes. Only downside is that it didn't hold my curl very well. After a couple of coats, it seemed to weigh down the eyelashes.

Overall, I give this mascara an overall rating of 4/5. Wasn't cheap, I seriously should of waited for a sale but I'm just not that patient. However, I would buy it again simply because it gave me volume and length without clumping!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by wrecktechno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my, this is fantastic. Lengthens, thickens, makes my lashes look amazing. It's easy to remove, it doesn't clump, easily separates my lashes. I decided to switch to False Lash Effect (as I got this as a free sample with that anyway) but regretted the decision (although FLE is also great). This is my absolute favourite mascara. Build it up (whilst still wet!) for night, one coat for day.
Love love love love love

Edit: why can't you buy this in Canada?! oh my, I miss this!!! :( I'd forgotten how amazing it was but I'd buy a carton if it was available here!