December 24, 2014 | 1170 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Mazzy1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Almost, almost ALMOST my HG mascara but I still LOVE IT! I have short thin eyelashes and have spent countless dollars on finding the right mascara for me. I always use a curler, then I can glam my eyelashes for a sexy sultry look, or simply put 1 coat on for a natural look on my lazy days. I love how it adds volume and length, but most of all, it gives my lashes more definition-they are seperated, thick and fan out beautifully. My only con, is that it did smudge a little on me later on in the day and I know it was the mascara as that was the only product I had on my eyes at the time, but it wasn't overly terrible-nothing that a little concealer and a cotton bud couldn't fix! It is also pricey-AU$35 but IMO it's worth it. Will most definitely be re-purchasing this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara. Love love love - my absolute favourite to date. I love it even more than I loved Diorshow Extase, and that was beautiful.
I don't really care much about length and volume, since I think pretty much any mascara can handle that no problem. My biggest want in a mascara is definition - I want my lashes to look separated, fluttery, and lush. I HATE clumps, I think it is the most unattractive part of makeup: when women mistake clumpy spider lashes for "voluminising". The brush on the wand is rubbery and quite large , the exact same brush as on CG's lash blast (Cover Girl is owned by the same company as Max Factor - no wonder they come out with the same products all the time). The formula is a lot better than lash blast, though - it's creamier, smoother, and just glides on so wonderfully. It's a super rich black, too, nothing dusty like you find in some mascaras. It leaves lashes pretty soft (not as soft as Dior Extase, but still soft), holds a curl, and does not smudge or flake. It's not waterproof, so it comes off in the shower, but it's never really started smudging when my eyes have watered. My one annoyance is the price: $25AUD feels like a lot for a student to fork out for something that only lasts a few months (after two months, I found that masterpiece flakes off like a tube mascara after 8 hours or so). I've picked up Cover Girls' volume exact again - this time in waterproof in order to avoid the smudging I experienced with the original - for pretty much half the price of masterpiece max, and I hope it'll do almost the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Insight89

Very nice mascara. It lengthens and gives decent volume, easily buildable depending on event. I thought this mascara was as good as the Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, for a fraction of the cost too! Doesnt smudge easily or flake and can hold a curl well. Its pretty cry compared to other mascaras Ive tried.
I got it for only AU$10, so Im pretty happy with it. This mascara definitely deserves a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I got this on sale and used it in both summer and winter. Summer is a hot and humid subtropical climate where makeup is prone to melt. Winter is well winter in NYC. It lengthens and volumizes quite decently. It's dries off fast. It's not clumpy or flaky. Although it's not waterproof, it stays on pretty well during the hot and humid summer. I think it's a very good product to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by finideasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the one piece of makeup I buy over and over again!! I just love this mascara, I have long eyelashes and get complimented on them the whole time when i wear this. The brush is great it seperates and lenghtens without any clumps. When i go to buy new mascara I wander around boots looking at others but I can never seem to stray from this lol! Defo recommend Im always telling people to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought this product time and time again. It thickens and seperates lashes really well, and the wand is really lovely for application. Amazing mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by TMK

I did not like this product at all. it didnt work great for me. It didnt give the the right amount of volume to my lashes. But good things was that it seperates the lashes and it doesnt clump. I think the worst thing about the mascara was the wand, i hated it, it was not flexible or anything. And the formula was i little too wet, and made my lashes thin and wet. no length, not much volume at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This is a ok everyday mascara. It is not as good as the Max Factor False Lash effect, but it is nice too.

This one separates the lashes and makes them look longer, but this brush does not give the same effect as the other mascara...

It is ok for everyday use...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by eefie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started with the Masterpiece regular version (gold tube), but changed to the Masterpiece Max mascara. All in all there is not much of a difference, but the Max is a little better imo. It retails here for 12 (around $16), which is a nice price for a mascara. It lengthens a little and it gives volume a little, but not dramatic. Since I prefer the more glamorous look, it is a bit too mediocre for me, but it is a nice 'everyday' mascara. The brush exists of nylon bristles, which I really like. It starts broad but ends in a little tip, which is quite handy for the hard to reach places (inner eye corner for instance). If I could, I would give it 3,5 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely not worth the price! I like the brush cause it's no clumps - I don't like the brush cause it's really hard if you hit the eyelid. I didn't like this mascara very much, it gave me no volume at all. It's a VERY natural mascara, too natural for me.