September 1, 2014 | 1921 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am about an NC37 but then again, the colour isn't a perfect match. I first bought it when a Christian Dior compact foundation (can't remember the name but it was hands down THE best foundation I have ever used) was discontinued, thinking the mac product would be a good dupe. Boy was I wrong. The mac product was good to begin with, but as soon as it started to dry (which happened quite quickly), it became difficult to apply. But the reason I really disliked it was that it made my skin break out horrendously. So for short term applications, it did the job. For long term use, it was certainly not compatible with my skin type.

A few years ago I repurchased this product. I wanted to figure out if the dislike that I had gathered for the product over a decade ago was just my imagination or not. Again, the second time around, the foundation disappointed me for the same reasons. Made my skin look horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Jellyfeather

I bought this foundation in the shade NC 15 and have found that it's too dark and a bit orange for my skin tone which is the problem I always have with MAC foundations. Their lightest shade is never light enough for me in their liquid and creme foundations. Now with that said, I still think this product is pretty good. I found it provides a light to medium buildable coverage and would probably look good if they had my shade. The only problem I have with this product is the fact that you have to pull at the skin to apply it. I try to avoid doing that at all times especially around the eye area.

Anyway, I personally would never buy this product again for two reasons: they didn't have a shade suitable for my skin tone and I don't like pulling at my skin when applying anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Okay
so this foundation is PERFECT for a REALLLLLLLLY full coverage seeking gals, but this is too heavy for me. It makes you look almost Plastic

Pros
- Full Coverage
- Long Lasting (without powder or primer)
- Smooth Formula

Cons
- I wasn't matched to the right color
- Oxidizes a bit (orangey)
- Made me break out (nothing breaks me out)

MAC counter people SUCK at matching sometimes, so please ask more then one person.

* Use a wet beauty blender*
* Wet Brushes*
* Primer for best results*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I really like this foundation. The SA helped me find the right shade for my slightly-tanned self, which was NW15. The packaging holds a sponge in it's own compartment and a mirror.

The coverage is medium to full if you can build it.
The application is alright with a sponge but nearly impossible with a brush since it's a harder cake.
The feel on the skin isn't very heavy, but you can feel it slightly with wear.
It doesn't dry my skin out or make me feel oily.
The lasting power with powder is intense, but it still transfers.
The color selection is good.
The sponge is horrible! It feels like it's disintegrating as you use it.

Overall, I like this creme foundation, but I wouldn't call it an HG due to the feel of it and the transfer. The mother company selling out for animal testing just plain bothers me, now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have normal/dry skin and stipple this on with the sponge provided. Only downfall is after a few hours it can sit in fine lines. I do prefer my ELDW than this but this is another good full coverage foundation that comes in lovely shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by chama

Before I begin, I have suffered from cystic acne for about two years, my skin cleared up a little about a month ago but I still have a lot of scarring and I do have the occasional pimple here and and there. This guy on youtube said that creme foundations are the best for acne scarring because of they are significantly thicker in texture and will more often than not cover far better than any liquid foundation.

I was using Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation in 200 (a little light for me), it is full coverage, absolutely no doubt about that, however it was sort of heavy so i would mix it with my moisturizer to make it more applicable, I was happy with it for about two weeks until I started to notice that despite the moisturizer my skin was getting drier and drier so I stopped and headed out to MAC to get the Studio Tech Foundation, and thus far I am VERY happy with it, the color is dead on (NC30) I know it says it's medium coverage, but I find it to gives me a full coverage. I apply it with my beauty blender and I just bounce it all over my face and a little bit down my neck, and let me tell you something, my skin looks very nice and not dry at all, I just spray a little bit of Fix Plus after setting it with my Mineralize Skin Finish to tone done the powdery look, and I'm set for the entire day.
I would highly recommend this product for those of you dealing with acne or acne scarring. This foundation works wonders!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence on this one. I'm not sure if my skin just looks good these days (since I've been using natural products and a good moisturizer) or if its this foundation. I like the consistency, very dewy and thick. I bet I could really get a full coverage with this one, which I like. I'm NC43 and this matched my skin tone PERFECTLY. So much that I have to really be careful not to over apply since I don't know where I applied and when I didn't. This foundation lasts all day and it doesn't get all cake. However, I feel like it kinda gets itchy throughout the day. Just a little bit. But it does stay put. I just don't like the feeling of foundation caked between my fingernails when I'm scratching my cheek. I'm really glad I found this because no more gray and dry looking skin. This makes my skin look flawless. I pair this with my Modern Mandarin blush and I look H.O.T!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good for certain things (TV for example) but again very very dry!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by reesesilverstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product for special events/pictures. It's a heavy cream, however it can be sheered out with moisturizer and can double as a concealer. Skin is perfection with it on, almost unnaturally so in person, but heavenly in pictures. As with all cream foundations, you need to set it well with a translucent powder. Doesn't cause me to break out or my eczema to flare up. One of my favorite MAC products.
Shade: NC45

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Fruitmash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only foundation I've ever repurchased and I've hit pan on my second one. Meaningless to most but I've never done that before!! I love everything about this.
I apply it the way sharonmakeupartist and pixiwoo have taught me, spritz face and buff in. And it looks amazing, covers my pores and lasts!! I will be repurchasing again, although I might have to go a shade lighter. I swear their colours are running darker, my NW20 is too dark for my skin when it wasn't with my previous pan.