April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this moisturizer, it makes my skin feel so soft and it evens out my skin tone <3 I have been using it for about a Two months now. The price is great too ! I bought the 750ml one in the pump bottle. I paid 6 dollars for it. its a better deal to get the 750ml one rather than the 355 ml one.!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for the price. The ingredients list is quite nice if you want something to moisturise your skin and get absorbed - petrolatum is listed second and glycerine is third, there's no mineral oil. The butter extracts start at the 8th ingredient. This has cacao and shea butter, soybean and sunflower oil, collagen aminoacids, vitamin a, urea and other goodies that you won't find in other products within this price range.

I personally like the smell. It doesn't reek of cocoa butter, but rather has a subtle earthy smell. It does not linger and is by no means offensive. I'm confused as to why people are complaining about it.

This is nice for all over your body and is absorbed quite quickly considering the ingredients. The only thing I dislike about the texture is that if I put this on my feet, they get 'squeaky' after the lotion goes in. It sounds bizarre and I dunno if I'm explaining this well, but the sensation isn't pleasant, especially when you get in bed and want to sleep (I have a bad habit of rubbing my feet together as I fall asleep, so this is probably not an issue for anyone else). I like this for my elbows and other dry areas and they don't feel sticky. The softness doesn't last for ages, but this doesn't claim to and frankly this product isn't a pain to reapply, unlike some body butters/souffles.

I'd recommend this to anybody. The bottle comes with a pump and is huuuuuuuuuuuge, so it'll last you forever and you can smear yourself in it and reapply as often as you please because it won't break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this all of the time especially during summer. It moisturizes really well. I really like the fact that it seems to bring out my tan and make my skin shine in a way that looks good. It makes your skin look vibrant. It's suppose to even out skin tone as well. Because the product works so great I use it, but at times I don't like how a few hours later I can still feel it on my skin some what like it doesn't absorb well, but the product definitely works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using Vaseline lotions on my body since I was a kid. No other drug store brand is as hydrating as Vaseline lotions are nor do they come in as big of a bottle as this (I usually get the 750mL) which is meant for everyday use. I usually alternate between the cocoa butter and aloe fresh throughout the year.

I love the smell of this product, it's not a real cocoa butter smell but it smells soft and sweet. It blends well into the skin and dries without leaving your skin oily or sticky, make sure you let it absorb into your skin before putting on clothes etc.

I find that when I switch to this lotion you really need to use it everyday (after showering to lock in hydration) for about a week or two to notice the drastic improvement in your skin's tone and texture. AND it really works especially If you are a daily scrubber or exfoliator like I am then this product is perfect for hydrating the skin after a good scrubbing or even shaving/waxing. Your skin will never feel dry or tight while using this product and after long term use your skin will feel buttery soft and smooth, look even toned and you may even experience a bit of a glow.

The price is amazing as well, for less than $8 at any size you can bathe in this for about 2 months with everyday use (using the large 750mL). This is not a luxury cream like Kiehl's creme de corps which is like the creme de la creme of body lotions, but this comes close at a much better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I looooove this! I can't get enough of the smell. I put this on after my shower and it leaves my skin soo soft. It's not too thick or too liquidy. It dosen't leave my skin feeling greasy. I will definitely repurchase this. (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is a pretty good lotion. It isn't my HG, but it does what it has to do. I don't like the smell of coco butter (like Palmers), but the smell of this doesn't bother me.

I like that you get a ridiculous amount and it comes in a pump. It does a pretty good job hydrating my skin. Since I have been using the Salux wash cloth, I feel that this lotion was able to penetrate better therefore giving me better results.

This is fine during warmer months, but I will have to switch to something heavier (like African Shea butter) during the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I quite like this. It moisturizes nicely and has a nice sweet ''baked goods'' scent. Not quite the scent of Palmer's Cocoa Butter. It absorbs very easily and quickly into my skin, and doesn't feel greasy at all. As far as saying it will make skin 'glow' and make spots disappear, I didn't notice anything happen from that department. It's currently Autumn heading into Winter where I live so this has been great to help soften my dry skin. I might buy this again, but I prefer the fresher scent of the Vaseline Aloe Fresh and cucumber over this. Affordable and good quality if your looking for a cheap moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This is a pretty good moisturizer for summer in my opinion when my skin isn't as dry. In winter though, I prefer something thicker. This lotion didn't absorb as quickly as I would have liked too, but it did leave my skin super soft. It doesn't smell much like cocoa butter - not like the Palmer's stuff at all. I will buy another bottle once I finish since it does a fairly good job and is cheap. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells plastic-y, my skin itches after application, and if I have the slightest, smallest cut, my skin would sting. Dirt cheap for a large amount, but for my sensitive, extremely dry skin, not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I use this and just about everyone I know uses this. I love the smell, I love the way it feels on my skin. I don't know why people are complaining about it leaving their skin sticky. It doesn't leave my skin sticky. It leaves my skin feeling wonderful. Here in Canada you can buy it for like $2 or $3. The only downside is Vaseline tests on animals, and that's the only reason why I gave it a 4/5 and that is also why I will not be re-purchasing.