July 31, 2014 | 995 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can say I've tried almost all of covergirls pressed powders over the years. The formulas still the same no matter what they rename it, just a different scent. Their powder does take the redness out of my skin and covers pores well, but after a couple hours it gets really oily, due to my combo skin. I reapplied here and there only to make my face look like an even worse oilier mess. The worst part is that if you have dry skin be aware that every dry skin cell will show up in chalkiness on your face. Will never repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite but definitely an okay product. It's cheap, it covers and blends well, and doesn't make me break out. It gets kind of splotchy if I am sweaty so it limits use to fall/winter. I cannot say I would repurchase this one as there are better out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hannah16

its cheap
kinda grainy and after a while the top looks kinda funny from rubbing the applicator on it...
but its cheap and it works for quick touchups or when your good stuff is out...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by jayesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

pro: cheap, wide color range, makes your face look wonderful in photos ( a fab - and more affordable- substitute for Lancome's Photogenic powder). plus, translucent "based" colors means means it isnt a big deal if you go one color up or down.

cons: large glitter particles, poor staying power, and chamomile smells smell cheap, causes acne

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate all of their compressed powders.

It's wicked cheap make-up that I remember high school girls wearing and looking extremely bad in.

Cakey if too much is used -- dusty on the skin.

And none of the colors are ever right for me. Too white, or too orange/dark.

Absolutely no coverage (unless you apply a lot and then it looks caked on).

Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by xobrainfreezeox

I tried this in translucent light, and it made me look like a ghost! If I apply enough, I can make my skin look like I've spent a week in the snow. However, it went on smoothly, and didn't cause any acne problems. I'd buy this again, but in a different, darker color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Goes on grainy and has an unpleasent smell to it. I do not care for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by brilliant_brunette18

this product was so-so.i used my friends cuz i didnt have mine,and it was ok.did the job for the moment,lasted only about 3 hours tho.smell is good-fresh and soft.good color choices but was kinda thick for a pressed powder.dont think will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

CG Fresh Look is my HG face powder but I bought this when my drugstore was out of it and this is just as awesome. Great texture, color match, shine control, but natural looking and feeling. Transulucent Medium is perfect for my Asian GGG/MMM normal/oily combo skin. Hurray for drugstore products that deliver this amazingly!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by edp_nz

I went away for the weekend and left half of my make-up at home so this was an emergency purchase to see me through. I'm normally a bit of a make-up snob and tend to purchase more expensive brands but this powder has made me realise that you can buy quality make-up products without having to pay exorbitant prices. I have extremely pale (and fairly dry) skin so I purchased this compact in translucent fair. The colour match is fantastic, and when I apply this powder on top of my foundation (Estee Lauder Futurist) my skin looks smooth and flawless. I'm not too keen on the smell of the powder but you only notice it when you first apply it so its something I can live with. I couldn't be happier with this powder and will definitely repurchase.