Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.7

on 1/8/2009 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This smells the same as the spray fragrance version though still not quite same as my lotion. Anyway, this EDP still provides a clean, comfortable and feminine floral scent. I love the scent but still, the staying power is not as good as my other perfumes in EDP. This becomes undetectable after 4 hours on me unless I layer this with my lotion... Honestly, the lotion scent stays on much longer than this EDP on me but well... I don't need the lotion on my neck! I guess I will still repurchase but I will prepare a small atomizer to touch-up in the mid-day.

This is my favorite perfume ever! Clean, softly floral, with a hint of muskiness underneath. I'm not a perfume lover because most are either too strong, too foody, too musky or just artificial. This smells clean and natural and I've been told on more than one occasion, "You smell so good" "It's so clean" and I feel pretty wearing it...isn't that what perfume is all about?
I have the AG firming body emulsion to layer which is also lovely. The EDP lasts longer (6 hours on me) than the spray fragrance (2 or 3 hours). I do spray a bit on my hair and that seems to last, too, and I've just preordered the parfum, which is only available on QVC until "09. Hope to use less with the new version. Love it!! EDIT: I tried the pure parfum, but it was too "musty, smoky" according to my daughter...I think she meant musky, but it definitely wasn't the same on me as the EDP. I'm trying the suds and light version next, 'cuz I heard it's spot on and lasts all day...Will update later!

on 10/16/2008 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Smells just like Loves' Baby Soft.

I like it. It smells nice and girly and not trampy at all. Great as an everyday scent for spring.

ETA; OK, this scent pisses me off. It lasts about 5 minutes, if you're lucky. Seriously, the staying power of this is worse than most Avon scents. Absolutely useless & the price for what you end up having is extortionate.

This is such a soft, pretty scent -- which is not typically what I go for! Generally, I like perfumes to be really present, however, there's a time and place for that. I wouldn't put this on for a fancy dinner or a night on the town, but for the office or everyday wear, this smell cannot be beaten. It's a nice mix of floral and clean, with just a touch of musk to keep in interesting. It stays close to the skin and envelopes you. Staying power is so-so, but improves noticeably when you layer with lotion. I also keep the oil rollerball in my bag for quick touchups. It's infinitely classier and more sophisticated than the B&BW scents that so many women rely upon for their "light, everyday" fragrances. I will repurchase again and again.

on 8/29/2008 1:53:00 PM

This must be one of those perfumes that smells completely different on different people. I had heard so many great things about this perfume, so I decided to give it a try. It was seriously one of the worst scents I have ever worn in my life. The only way I can describe it is very old-lady-ish. Not in a "too much 'Youth Dew'" or "nursing home odor" sort of way, but in "not showered in a while because you lost your sense of smell" sort of way. It was really musty and powdery and almost sweaty smelling. My husband actually wouldn't come near me with it on! So, I think the lesson here is to make sure you try it out in person. It probably works wonderfully for some people, but it was a disaster with my body chemistry.

on 4/18/2008 10:21:00 AM

This is so highly recommended by so many people, so I gave it a try. One whiff and I was nauseous--my husband asked what I had on. He said not only did it SOUND old but it smelled of "old lady"---not exactly what a 38 year (young) (lol) wife wants to hear! It's not "simple"--I found it to be very overpowering, but then again, many love it so........

on 1/28/2008 5:01:00 PM

Love the smell of this my fav. Most perfume i cant wear im not into that whole harsh smells. This smells very clean and fresh and my husbands likes it to. Will buy again

on 1/21/2008 12:07:00 PM

Love this scent. One of my all time favorites. I'm glad that they make the Eau De Parfum. It does last a little longer than the fragrance. Layering it seems to help as well.

on 1/15/2008 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It does smell wonderful...but I think some of the ingredients made me sick (nauseous). Same thing happened to my mom. I think Pure Grace by Philosophy is wayyy better.

on 12/19/2007 12:08:00 PM

When my fiance hugged me the first time I wore this fragrance he immediately exclaimed, "What are you wearing? It smells really good!" We went into my car and he continued to try to get an extra whiff of my neck and inner wrists in the car and during the day while shopping.

The fragrance is really light and fresh - a fresh and clean out of the shower kind of smell that I find myself wanting to spray on everyday because it smells so good and makes me happy.

This is the first fragrance ever that I want to smell all the time. Usually I only wear a fragrance for special occassions or nights that I'm going out somewhere. I've never had any want to keep smelling one particular fragrance. With Amazing Grace, I constantly want to spray more on. I'll even want to spray it on again in the afternoons at work which means a lot for me since I've never cared much for a perfume before. This is a great fragrance that is subtle and not too perfumy.

Popular Fragrances