Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.7

on 10/16/2008 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Smells just like Loves' Baby Soft.

I like it. It smells nice and girly and not trampy at all. Great as an everyday scent for spring.

ETA; OK, this scent pisses me off. It lasts about 5 minutes, if you're lucky. Seriously, the staying power of this is worse than most Avon scents. Absolutely useless & the price for what you end up having is extortionate.

This is such a soft, pretty scent -- which is not typically what I go for! Generally, I like perfumes to be really present, however, there's a time and place for that. I wouldn't put this on for a fancy dinner or a night on the town, but for the office or everyday wear, this smell cannot be beaten. It's a nice mix of floral and clean, with just a touch of musk to keep in interesting. It stays close to the skin and envelopes you. Staying power is so-so, but improves noticeably when you layer with lotion. I also keep the oil rollerball in my bag for quick touchups. It's infinitely classier and more sophisticated than the B&BW scents that so many women rely upon for their "light, everyday" fragrances. I will repurchase again and again.

on 8/29/2008 1:53:00 PM

This must be one of those perfumes that smells completely different on different people. I had heard so many great things about this perfume, so I decided to give it a try. It was seriously one of the worst scents I have ever worn in my life. The only way I can describe it is very old-lady-ish. Not in a "too much 'Youth Dew'" or "nursing home odor" sort of way, but in "not showered in a while because you lost your sense of smell" sort of way. It was really musty and powdery and almost sweaty smelling. My husband actually wouldn't come near me with it on! So, I think the lesson here is to make sure you try it out in person. It probably works wonderfully for some people, but it was a disaster with my body chemistry.

on 4/18/2008 10:21:00 AM

This is so highly recommended by so many people, so I gave it a try. One whiff and I was nauseous--my husband asked what I had on. He said not only did it SOUND old but it smelled of "old lady"---not exactly what a 38 year (young) (lol) wife wants to hear! It's not "simple"--I found it to be very overpowering, but then again, many love it so........

on 1/28/2008 5:01:00 PM

Love the smell of this my fav. Most perfume i cant wear im not into that whole harsh smells. This smells very clean and fresh and my husbands likes it to. Will buy again

on 1/21/2008 12:07:00 PM

Love this scent. One of my all time favorites. I'm glad that they make the Eau De Parfum. It does last a little longer than the fragrance. Layering it seems to help as well.

on 1/15/2008 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It does smell wonderful...but I think some of the ingredients made me sick (nauseous). Same thing happened to my mom. I think Pure Grace by Philosophy is wayyy better.

on 12/19/2007 12:08:00 PM

When my fiance hugged me the first time I wore this fragrance he immediately exclaimed, "What are you wearing? It smells really good!" We went into my car and he continued to try to get an extra whiff of my neck and inner wrists in the car and during the day while shopping.

The fragrance is really light and fresh - a fresh and clean out of the shower kind of smell that I find myself wanting to spray on everyday because it smells so good and makes me happy.

This is the first fragrance ever that I want to smell all the time. Usually I only wear a fragrance for special occassions or nights that I'm going out somewhere. I've never had any want to keep smelling one particular fragrance. With Amazing Grace, I constantly want to spray more on. I'll even want to spray it on again in the afternoons at work which means a lot for me since I've never cared much for a perfume before. This is a great fragrance that is subtle and not too perfumy.

on 12/16/2007 5:56:00 PM

This is one of my all time favorite scents. I was so glad they made a stronger version of the regular spray. I had heard that it did not smell like the original, but I think it is it on the dot! I love they way that it is stronger, nd does last a little bit longer that the other. Now it is not at all as strong as other scents I wear,(and last as long) but I will continue to wear this scent over and over. Will definiately buy again and again!!!!!!!!!!1

on 12/15/2007 10:14:00 PM

I adore this fragrance. I recently came across an old bottle that my mum purchased for me a few years back. I started wearing it again, as my current scent is almost gone. I love the innocence and girly elements of this. I've come to appreciate the subtleness of fragrance, which is a great improvement from carrying around a full bottle of whatever perfume I was into at the time and spritzing it whenever I couldn't smell it anymore (oy!). I love how soft and delicate this is. I feel happy when I wear it, and very nostalgic as it reminds me of home, which is currently 3,000 miles away.
I just purchased a four-piece gift set off of Sephora (limited edition), and just got it in the mail today. It comes with a 2 oz EdP, 4 oz shimmer lotion, a perfume oil, and an 8 oz shampoo/shower gel. I will review the lotion, oil, and shower gel after I've used it for awhile, but I'm well familiar with this lovely fragrance. I can't believe I put it away in the cabinet!!! I'm so glad to be wearing it again.

Popular Fragrances