Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.6

on 2/10/2009 1:43:00 AM

The more I wear this the more I love it. It has a very light and dreamy quality about it. On me it's just a very light feminine soft floral and a very youthful scent. It doesn't smell like any fragrance I have ever tried before and think that's a GOOD thing as it's just quietly unique and smells so heavenly. May not be strong enough for some but it's perfect for me. The eau de parfum has more lasting power than the spray fragrance. Just love this!

on 1/29/2009 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Sadly, I have to agree with Bubblysteph below; this is just not the scent for me. The top note was, "oh, wow, I love this!" But after just a moment, it went all powdery-musk on me and I ran screaming for some suds to wash it off. It was one of those evil fragrances, however, that continue to haunt long past all reason. As I walked the mall, I was actually embarassed by the lingering scent of a badly managed nursing home. Don't want to be politically incorrect here with the imagery, but honestly, y'all, it was awful. Please note that I completely recognize that not all perfumes coordinate with every individual body chemistry; this was one that went south immediately for me. Ick.

on 1/8/2009 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This smells the same as the spray fragrance version though still not quite same as my lotion. Anyway, this EDP still provides a clean, comfortable and feminine floral scent. I love the scent but still, the staying power is not as good as my other perfumes in EDP. This becomes undetectable after 4 hours on me unless I layer this with my lotion... Honestly, the lotion scent stays on much longer than this EDP on me but well... I don't need the lotion on my neck! I guess I will still repurchase but I will prepare a small atomizer to touch-up in the mid-day.

This is my favorite perfume ever! Clean, softly floral, with a hint of muskiness underneath. I'm not a perfume lover because most are either too strong, too foody, too musky or just artificial. This smells clean and natural and I've been told on more than one occasion, "You smell so good" "It's so clean" and I feel pretty wearing it...isn't that what perfume is all about?
I have the AG firming body emulsion to layer which is also lovely. The EDP lasts longer (6 hours on me) than the spray fragrance (2 or 3 hours). I do spray a bit on my hair and that seems to last, too, and I've just preordered the parfum, which is only available on QVC until "09. Hope to use less with the new version. Love it!! EDIT: I tried the pure parfum, but it was too "musty, smoky" according to my daughter...I think she meant musky, but it definitely wasn't the same on me as the EDP. I'm trying the suds and light version next, 'cuz I heard it's spot on and lasts all day...Will update later!

on 10/16/2008 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Smells just like Loves' Baby Soft.

I like it. It smells nice and girly and not trampy at all. Great as an everyday scent for spring.

ETA; OK, this scent pisses me off. It lasts about 5 minutes, if you're lucky. Seriously, the staying power of this is worse than most Avon scents. Absolutely useless & the price for what you end up having is extortionate.

This is such a soft, pretty scent -- which is not typically what I go for! Generally, I like perfumes to be really present, however, there's a time and place for that. I wouldn't put this on for a fancy dinner or a night on the town, but for the office or everyday wear, this smell cannot be beaten. It's a nice mix of floral and clean, with just a touch of musk to keep in interesting. It stays close to the skin and envelopes you. Staying power is so-so, but improves noticeably when you layer with lotion. I also keep the oil rollerball in my bag for quick touchups. It's infinitely classier and more sophisticated than the B&BW scents that so many women rely upon for their "light, everyday" fragrances. I will repurchase again and again.

on 8/29/2008 1:53:00 PM

This must be one of those perfumes that smells completely different on different people. I had heard so many great things about this perfume, so I decided to give it a try. It was seriously one of the worst scents I have ever worn in my life. The only way I can describe it is very old-lady-ish. Not in a "too much 'Youth Dew'" or "nursing home odor" sort of way, but in "not showered in a while because you lost your sense of smell" sort of way. It was really musty and powdery and almost sweaty smelling. My husband actually wouldn't come near me with it on! So, I think the lesson here is to make sure you try it out in person. It probably works wonderfully for some people, but it was a disaster with my body chemistry.

on 4/18/2008 10:21:00 AM

This is so highly recommended by so many people, so I gave it a try. One whiff and I was nauseous--my husband asked what I had on. He said not only did it SOUND old but it smelled of "old lady"---not exactly what a 38 year (young) (lol) wife wants to hear! It's not "simple"--I found it to be very overpowering, but then again, many love it so........

on 1/28/2008 5:01:00 PM

Love the smell of this my fav. Most perfume i cant wear im not into that whole harsh smells. This smells very clean and fresh and my husbands likes it to. Will buy again

on 1/21/2008 12:07:00 PM

Love this scent. One of my all time favorites. I'm glad that they make the Eau De Parfum. It does last a little longer than the fragrance. Layering it seems to help as well.

Popular Fragrances