Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/14/2011 5:01:00 PM

Did give a smooth base to apply my foundation but I didn't notice any longer coverage than without it. Waiting the two minutes for it to dry got kinda old after having to do the same with my moisturizer before it. It didn't have an offending smell and I felt like I got a large amount for the price vs philosophy's other primer hence why I bought it. I haven't tried the tinted primer so I can't compare the two. Its a large tube and it should last me a while but I'll be trying something different next time.

on 6/30/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I dont see how this could work as a "barrier" between my face and my make up. I dont see any difference at all. THis is quite cooling to the skin and I guess this could work as a moisturizer, but beyond that I dont see the point of keeping this. Back it goes!

on 6/2/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

I was disappointed with this product. It claims to minimise the appearance of pores and it does do that, but the effect is very shortlived and my face seems to get oily quicker than when I am not wearing this product. Also I didn't find that my makeup stayed put any longer than usual. My hunt for the perfect primer continues . . .

on 1/27/2011 5:52:00 PM

There isn't much to say about this product becuase it didn't do much. I wanted to love this but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
This claims to be a primer so I used it as one. It made my makeup look worse and didn't fill in any pores or scars. But then I read that this really isn't a primer that it is a no foundation foundation. So I wore it alone. My flaws looked the same. It also broke me out after a week. this went right back to sephora.

on 1/20/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was awful. I have a very nice Chanel foundation that usually goes on like silk. I applied this right before my foundation, after my moisturizer and made sure to wait the two minutes. My skin seemed ok, slightly matte, which I like. When i tried to put my foundation on it caked and was streaky and impossible to blend. Throughout the day my skin had white-ish patches on it where the product had clumped together. I will not be using it again.

on 1/3/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i think this primer is better for mineral makeup only because when i used with liquid it does however fill in lines and wrinkles but i think its more matte and it made me look like a powdery effect. It didn't look right on me. I am going to try it with mineral makeup. I am going to stick with my dewy finish not matte...

I will keep you updated..
Anyone had this problem??

on 12/23/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Please note that this product contains lavender oil, which, based on the research done by Paula Begoun, The Cosmetics Cop (and I checked up on it myself) can contribute to skin cell death. There is no reason to have lavender oil in a product like this other than for aromatherapy/scenting purposes, and it's unnecessary even for that, as other types of scents that are not harmful in any way to skin could be used. I find that a lot of Philosophy's products contain contradictory ingredients for what the product *claims* to do. Check out Paula Begoun's Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, a very good resource if you don't want to waste money on skin care or makeup. Once I read in that book that The Present contains lavender oil and could be slowly ruining my skin, I figured there are MUCH better primers out there that don't contain unnecessary and damaging ingredients and are half the price of the $22 for this product.

on 12/9/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this everyday after applying moisturizer and before concealer and foundation. Since I started using The Present, I've found that my makeup stays on longer and I have to do fewer touch ups throughout the day. It's also pretty moisturizing. I don't think it makes my pores that less visible, though.

on 12/8/2010 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this product. I use it as a primer under makeup, or alone with spf 30 sunscreen, and it is magic! It does exactly what it advertises -- evens my texture and skin tone and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. And it does all this VERY noticeably. It even helps my under eye area to appear brighter! Also, after using this and letting it set (you HAVE to let it set for 2 minutes), I need hardly any foundation (I use BE Mineral Foundation) and very little concealer on only any blemishes I may have and my undereye circles. Although I wish it came in a pump (the tube can get a little messy), the tube has lasted me somewhere around 8-9 months as I use it over a few spritz's of rosewater which allow it to spread better... I'm on my third tube in 2 years, so I feel that I've definitely gotten my money's worth. I've tried Bare Escentuals' Prime Time and Smashbox's primers, and these can't even begin to compare to The Present. I don't think I'll ever stop using.

on 11/11/2010 9:23:00 PM

I loooove this stuff. My skin is stupidly dry, flaky dry but when I put this on after my moisturizer, it kind of seals in the moisture and smooths out any dry areas. It makes my skin feel really soft and smooth and keeps my Bare Minerals foundation lasting all day without any shine. And by all day I mean 16-18 hours (yes I have really long days). I have quite large pores on and around my nose and this makes them invisible as well.

I know I shouldn't, but I even exercise in this stuff. I generally work out right after work and I don't bother removing my makeup. Sweating with this stuff doesn't create clogged pores or breakouts dry, sensitive skin. Primers generally make me breakout because they're essentially blocking the pores. This is the first primer I've tried that hasn't and I love it.

I don't know what smell people are complaining about, to me it smells like lavender and there's no scent once it dries. Letting it sit for 2 minutes before makeup isn't a big deal either, I just do my eye makeup first like I normally would anyways. I really can't say enough good things about The Present, dare I say it's even making my skin better? The overall tone has evened out and there are fewer and fewer dry patches. I even wear it with just concealer on days when I'm running late and there's no time for anything else and it makes my skin look flawless.

HG primer!