October 25, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got it a few months ago and still have tons of products left! Initially i hated the scent, its like your grandmother's cupboard scent? But i got over it thou, love the tingly sensation.
It has alot product, and i think it'd last for ages.
Overall, i love this product regardless of the scent, but i wna try the strawberry one next!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Cnieto79

I bought this at the Sephora counter when I was checking out (those sneaky people lay out a bunch of cute products for you to spend more money at their store) and I am so glad I did! I have long since suffered from very chapped lips, to the point that they'll bleed if I laugh or smile. I picked this up because the tin it comes in caught my eye (very cute) and then I read that it was minted rose . The rose part freaked me out since i'm not a big fan of the scent but I love mint glosses. The first time I put it on, I was surprised by how so little can cover so much. I immediately felt the moisture smoothing out my lips. It also leaves them feeling tingly. The tin smells like roses but you can't taste it, which I like and it is not over powering. I have to agree that it does kind of remind me of petrolium jelly but this blam has a very subtle taste mixed in with mint and it leaves my lips glossy with a pink/red tint. I love this product, never leave home with out it. Maybe when this one runs out i'll try a different flavor but I love the minty feel!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Softens well and leaves a natural flush and tingle on the lips. However, it feels inedible and slightly heavy on the lips. Although it's a decent multipurpose product, I don't feel I'll be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite Rosebud salve. I like the slight mintiness and the tingle it leaves on your lips. It keeps my lips soft in this arrid climate that I am at. Also love that it makes my lips look glossy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought several scents at the same time from Ebay. This one, the mocha rose, the strawberry, and the brambelberry. I think the minted rose is my favorite for my lips, the brambelberry one is my favorite scent because it's so unique and as I use it as a perfume, I really like the mocha rose, and I just find the strawberry average.

The tingle this gives is nice although I still prefer my Burt's Bee's, which I find more moisturizing and more tingly. I do think though that BB has recently reformatted their formula and find it more waxy and less tingle, so my opinion has been changing as BB being my HG.

I do keep this on my desk at work and grab it a few times a day. The scent is refreshing. The zing of mint with just an undertone of rose. I would probably buy this again if I ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by thebarngoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing, best feeling balm - and majorly moisturizing. Minus one for the cost, but I am obsessed with this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While this doesn't have the best staying power, I absolutely love this lip balm! I think I paid $6 for it, which seems like a bit much, but I love the way it makes my lips feel and IMHO it smells great. I would definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I love the cool feeling of this on my lips. Does not have good staying power but would buy it again anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The original Smith's Rosebud Salve has ben around since our grandparents time.
I don't care for that one, but I do like the minted one. It has a slight mint scent. Does not taste bad and makes my lips tingle ever so slightly. My lips are soft after I use this and I think a thin layer under lipstick would keep it lasting longer. I got mine at Walter Drake online for 1.99! I ordered a bunch because the shipping is a flat 4.99 up to 19 bucks. I figured they will make great stocking stuffers and I can keep on upstairs, downstairs and in my purse.
Although the packaging is retro cute. It's not very hygenic. I took off a few lippies for that.
I also bought one for each member of the family so they don't stick their fingers in mine!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only review i've ever written on Makeupalley that isnt a reveiw for a perfume or colonge but i'm writting it in regards to scent so i guess thats okay. The only reason i bought this is because i was intriged by the name of it Minted Rose. I thought it was going to be an icy, minty kind of rose scent. I imagined it would be something like walking across an iceburg in Antarctica and strolling through a rose garden. I was wrong. It's just a bland lip balm that does not have any real scent at all let alone a "minted rose".