July 31, 2014 | 1923 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought several scents at the same time from Ebay. This one, the mocha rose, the strawberry, and the brambelberry. I think the minted rose is my favorite for my lips, the brambelberry one is my favorite scent because it's so unique and as I use it as a perfume, I really like the mocha rose, and I just find the strawberry average.

The tingle this gives is nice although I still prefer my Burt's Bee's, which I find more moisturizing and more tingly. I do think though that BB has recently reformatted their formula and find it more waxy and less tingle, so my opinion has been changing as BB being my HG.

I do keep this on my desk at work and grab it a few times a day. The scent is refreshing. The zing of mint with just an undertone of rose. I would probably buy this again if I ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by thebarngoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing, best feeling balm - and majorly moisturizing. Minus one for the cost, but I am obsessed with this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While this doesn't have the best staying power, I absolutely love this lip balm! I think I paid $6 for it, which seems like a bit much, but I love the way it makes my lips feel and IMHO it smells great. I would definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I love the cool feeling of this on my lips. Does not have good staying power but would buy it again anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The original Smith's Rosebud Salve has ben around since our grandparents time.
I don't care for that one, but I do like the minted one. It has a slight mint scent. Does not taste bad and makes my lips tingle ever so slightly. My lips are soft after I use this and I think a thin layer under lipstick would keep it lasting longer. I got mine at Walter Drake online for 1.99! I ordered a bunch because the shipping is a flat 4.99 up to 19 bucks. I figured they will make great stocking stuffers and I can keep on upstairs, downstairs and in my purse.
Although the packaging is retro cute. It's not very hygenic. I took off a few lippies for that.
I also bought one for each member of the family so they don't stick their fingers in mine!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only review i've ever written on Makeupalley that isnt a reveiw for a perfume or colonge but i'm writting it in regards to scent so i guess thats okay. The only reason i bought this is because i was intriged by the name of it Minted Rose. I thought it was going to be an icy, minty kind of rose scent. I imagined it would be something like walking across an iceburg in Antarctica and strolling through a rose garden. I was wrong. It's just a bland lip balm that does not have any real scent at all let alone a "minted rose".

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hanna84panna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best lip balm out there. I repurchase as soon as I run out. Great to have under lipstick and gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

Since I just finished another whole pot of this, I thought I'd finally review it. It's such a great little product. I have pretty dry lips and sometimes they get a weird rashy texture to them (i know! gross!) and this soothes them. It is long lasting but not sticky at all; it is thick but smooth. The smell is great, like rose oils (obv) and the color is clear. This makes my lips look their best, and it works on other dry areas too. LOVE it! of course I'll repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Meh, its ok. I hate the original and at least this has a little mint oil in it to combat that icky rose taste. I just keep it by the bed and put on a thick coat so i wake up with soft lips. I don't use it any other time and there are plenty of similar products that do the same job, without the petrolatum. greasy texture. Works ok but won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is probably the best lip balm i have ever used. i am so drawn in by the smell of it for some reason. it applies nice and thick but is not sticky, stays on for a very long time and makes my lips feel amazing and smooth. and for the price you pay for this you get a ton of product -- use this about 3 times a day and one tin lasts me 6 months.