April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Tom Ford Black Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by BigglyBoo

This is a review not for the original, but for a site I found you might enjoy trying out. It's called www.wholesalebodyoils.com.
I ordered a dupe of this along with about 8 other perfumes. So far I have to say Im *very* happy with the staying power and scent of these roll ons.
I got the dupe of Amber Romance, Black Orchid, Very Sexy, Unforgivable, Flowerbomb, Covet and some other elses:)
Really happy with the ones I have tried out so far, and the price for sampling cannot be beat. If you want the *real* deal but don't want to spent a fortune buying a perfume you ultimately don't really wear much, this is a great alternative. I figure I'm going to work my way down their list, which should take me ages:) Then, if you decide the perfume is for you, you can always spring for the expensive real-name brand if you want. So far of the ones I have tested (I own the originals) neither my husband nor I can tell the diff when I put this on one wrist and the real one on the other, and my husband has a great sense of smell. Now I don't own all of the above scents, but I have 3 of them. I ordered some of the scents I already own so I could see how this version compared to the original *on my body and over time*. For 1/3 oz roll on for $1.49 I cannot really believe how well-made these are. The only dupes I've ever smelled/tried were in the drugstores etc. and they were ghastly - nothing like the originals to me and stung my nose.
Give these a try - I got 8 for 20.62 (which includes super fast shipping and they were packed well enough that they all got to me safely.
The roll ons are not a gorgeous bottle to keep out on your dresser/vanity, but I don't care about that one bit - I'm after the usable scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Luxurious for sure is what you get with Black Orchid. Sweet Black currant and insense, this is to dye for. You must try this, I love it.. Warm and Creamy on my skin. I get so many compliments from both men and women
I will buy this over and over.. MY HG now!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this, but am not yet sure that I like it enough to buy it. It's very deep & spicy/smoky on me...it actually smells like men's cologne on me! That's why I'm not sure about it...not sure I want to smell like a guy.
Good lasting power though...I only used one spray from my little sample vial (about 8 hours ago) and I can still smell it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by woowoograce

Harsh, spicy and earthy at first, then the overripe plums come out and flirt with just a touch of weird floral. The plums are not the "fresh & fruity" sort of thing one might expect. It's like summertime when there are so many plums available that one inevitably goes a bit soft on your counter. So when you reach for it, the skin is velvety soft and the flesh gives just a little too much. Your plum feels uncomfortably like human flesh. It's hot and you've punctured the skin and juice leaks onto the counter and the fruit flies are going to have a field day.

On the dry down Black Orchid is a dirty, spicy gourmand. There is some vanilla in there, which I often dislike, but it is vanilla that has been very, very bad, so I like it. The overall effect is delightfully raunchy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by SKYYStheLimit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this perfume out of curiousity. I heard it was quite nasty, but I was still curious. I went to Sephora & decided to try it out. I sprayed it and the Black Orchid Voile de Fleur on each wrist and sniffed. They were both admittedly vile, and I was disappointed. So I went on my merry way, after spraying a little makeup remover on my wrists to try to get rid of the stench. I checked out a few more stores, and then as I got into my car a wonderful little breeze of a scent hit me. I wasn't sure where it was coming from, so I just kind of pushed the thought out of my mind. Then my friend also commented on 'what smelled so good?' I hadn't even really thought about the fact that my wrist must still smell like black orchid(s). But at some point during the ride, I must have gotten my hand near my face enough to realize that's where the scent was coming from. Needless to say, we both marvelled about how good the perfume smelled on me. So I decided to go back and use a gift cert to buy it the Black Orchid. I was hoping and praying it was the Black Orchid and not the Black Orchid Voile de Fleur that I wanted, because I couldnt really be sure as they didn't have the Voile de Fleur tester out when I went back. So, I went for it and bought the Black Orchid. I sprayed a tiny bit on, and was repelled immediately. I must have bought the wrong one... damn! Then, within 30 minutes, I realized it was the RIGHT one, and I couldn't stop sniffing myself. Damn this perfume has a wicked dry down! Really, its my new signature scent. I've had a few friends tell me I smell good, and I just smile. From now on, I'm not telling anyone what I am wearing... my friends have a habit of asking me what perfume I'm wearing and then buying the same fragrance. So when we go out we smell like a troupe of french whores. This is MY scent, get your own!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by TahneeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Weird. Distinctive. Not for everyone. Get compliments when wearing which surprises me because I'm not sure I even like it. It has a sharpness to it that reminds me of Fendi or Picasso. Until it wears down, it's as if there's only scent that comes screaming through. After it wears down I smell pipe tobacco. I'm so on the fence with this is one I cannot say if I'd buy it again... I think I could find another fragrance I could pinpoint better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Stomach-churningly vile. I sprayed this on with caution but was still forced to sit in the back of the car on the way home, with two windows open (it is February). I can't even blame my boyfriend for his lack of compassion, because the smell actually made my friend's baby cry, and he is not fussy when it comes to odours. Pure evil. Toxic.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So difficult to rate this fragrance since it is sooooo expensive ($230.00) and I'd never spend that much on perfume unless I won a lottery. But I do like this alot. It's got everything going on, dark, soft, slightly bitter, floral, sweet....seems it depends which way the wind catches it. I can't really pinpoint any one note, they all work in unison and they do it awfully well. Happily a little goes a long way in fact this is a spray and walk-through scent so my meager samples will last for some time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by laurenmillie

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will start by saying this is my HG!!! Ever ever ever... I took one whiff when it first debuted and I knew it would smell like heaven on me, and it does. People stop me and ask what I am wearing (and I am not liberal with my squirts) all it takes is one with this one!! It is woodsy and floral and heavy and just magical. If you like Dior Addict you will love this it is like Dior addict times 10!! I love how it drys down to a sexy soft warm rich spicy oriental wood on me. Now I know that perfume is a very personal thing so to each her own...but this is it to me. This is everything MY perfume should be...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'll admit, I was pretty sure I would be in love with this long before I ever smelled it. I love Tom Ford's exquisite fashion vision, and when I saw the ad campaign upon Black Orchid's debut, I swooned. The art deco bottle itself is to die- jet black with an engraved gold label- the dressing table of a breathy film noir fatale comes to mind. This fragrance is not for the wallflower. Heady, dark, and exotic- this perfume makes quite a statement. Black Orchid takes sweet and spicy to a whole new level of sophistication- very sultry. Perhaps a bit overwhelming at first spray, the drydown is divine and the scent lingers long into the night. Some may choke at the price (about $140 for a 3.4oz bottle) but a little goes a long way, and this is not a scent one chooses for everyday wear. For me, this luxurious perfume has earned its place as one of my all-time favorites.