August 28, 2014 | 1762 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer - Hydrating

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by sandle491

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Complete waste of money. I actually think this makes my LM foundation wear off faster. I would not repurchase this again as I can see no significant effects from it, Especially when it costs $40.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by tnbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very disppointed by this product. My foundation seemed to slide off faster when using this instead of the opposite and it made my skin feel sweaty, as if under a mask, and I do have dry/sensitive skin. Not impressed at all and I cannot see it having any positive effect on my skin. It did not break me out and the packaging is good, but that's certainly not enough to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

This is an OK product. The only reason I am using this, is the belief that it's supposed to create a barrier between your skin and your foundation so the foundation doesn't sink into your pores - hence clogged pores. However since I only use a light dusting of powder and not heavy makeup, I really do not think this is worth the $40 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried all three versions of the LM Primer, regular, oil-free and now hydrating. This is the best version for my oily, yet dehydrated and aging (+50) skin. Feels cool going on and provides just enough glide for me. I was surprised that I liked this version the best. Does not feel greasy.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by supaaa

I have fairly sensitive acne prone skin. Its oily but still dehydrated.Its extremely frustrating. I was really surprised when the people at the L Mercier counter told me to go with the hydrating primer. I love it and the extra step so worth it.It isnt greasy at all.Leaves a pretty finish for foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hooray! This is my HG winter primer! I JUST discovered the world of foundation primers this past summer, and Smashbox's rocked my world. My normally-dry skin (I had a round of Accutane and I've been dry ever since) was fine with SB during the summer, but once the cold dry weather hit, I broke out in eczema patches and flakes. But I still needed a primer because my foundation likes to cake up without one. Anyways, I bought the LM primer based on the reviews here, and I am SO SO glad I did! I've been using it for a few weeks, and I have had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever! I have INSANELY sensitive skin, so this is a HUGE deal to me (for example, Sephora's primer gave me bumpy rough skin, even though it works for most people). The product itself is light, creamy, and very spreadable, and it "sinks in" right away (I still wait a minute or two before applying foundation). I's more expensive than the travel-sized SB I was buying, but you get a TON of product for your money- I only use a teensy bit more of this than SB in a normal application, so it's a great deal. It keeps my foundation looking fresh ALL DAY and does a pretty good job at keeping the oilies at bay (yes, I have dry skin that gets oily after a few hours. wtf, mate?). Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this product if you have dry skin, ezcema-and-flake-prone, sensitive skin-- I'd give it 6 lippies if possible, srsly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2006 11:47:00 AM More reviews by dropdeadgorjus

Smooth and creamy-foundation just glides on-good for my normal to dry skin. No scent, either.

I LOVE the tube packaging. Easy to pack and so much better than a pump. I can use the entire product. With the pump variety a fair amount always gets stuck in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2006 2:26:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a new product released in Fall, 2006. It's aimed at people with dehydrated skin. I bought it because my Foundation Primer - Oil Free isn't moisturizing enough for winter. The product is light pink, and has a creme gel-like consistency. This made my LM oil free foundation glide on perfectly without any flaking. I'm really happy with this product, because now I can continue to use my oil free foundation throughout winter without drying out my skin. Highly recommended.