Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating

3.7

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, PEG/PPG-18/18, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose Distearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Phenooxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xylitylglucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Anhydroxylitol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Xylitol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Tripotassium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbardensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 12/16/2008 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I hate that my skin is dry and it is even more so in the winter so wearing foundation cakey and accentuated my dry patches. I decided I really needed a primer to make my foundation application smoother and last longer. I decided to shell out the 30 bucks for this product because of it's moisturizing properties. In my opinion, it's an all right product. I wasn't bothered by the slight sticky feely it left on my face because it only took a short time for dry. I noticed my foundation went on noticably smoother and lasted a little longer than usual before drying up on me.

on 8/6/2008 2:49:00 PM

i normally use the foundation primer, the original formura one..when i used up my last bottle, then i think i might just try this one..but it doesnt work as good as i expect though, completely different with my previous one..i feel a mild tingle after i applied it on my face, i dont know why this happen...but it keep apprearing this action every single time i use, so i might just stick with my original one then

on 7/30/2008 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I generally find LM's products to be of high quality and like them a lot, but this product is awful. Just awful. It's nothing more than a moisturizer--there is nothing about it that improves the look or staying power of your makeup.

My skin is very dry, so I thought this would be a good product for me. I applied the tiniest amount over my usual moisturizer (which is not heavy), and applied my GA SS foundation. I found that, by the end of the day, my foundation was GONE. Completely gone. Nothing on the washcloth, nothing on my face.

I hope LM's product quality won't take a dive since she was bought out. This one was certainly a disappointment.

on 12/17/2007 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I went to Sephora to try to find a hydrating foundation since i am having the dryest skin of my life this winter.
anyway, the man recommended i use this under any foundation i wanted, and he did my whole face. he used this, the LM silk creme foundation and her mineral powder to set it. this seems like a good idea and the foundation hasnt budged but it made the whole look feel extremely heavy. i have felt like i am wearing a mask the entire day. i have left it on though, to give it a thorough testing and it is just not working for me. my husband noticed it he said "you look like you have too much going on" and he is the most oblivious man in the U.S. so, i am really very glad i only tried it and didnt buy it b/c i am still on my quest for a light foundation that hydrates. i might just have to try tinted moisturizer i guess.

Thank goodness I went with my gut and tried a sample of this from Nordies prior to spending gobs of money on this product! I used a miniscule amount all over my face. A little does go a very long way. I found that if I put on more than a teeny tiny amount that by mid-day my face looked oily--and I have normal/dry skin. Made my skin feel very soft and definitely made my foundation glide on much smoother. I really wanted this to be my HG but today when I noticed a GINORMOUS cyst-like pimple on my chin -- oh hell no! I will toss the remainder of the sample and forego my quest for the ultimate primer. I think they're all hype!

on 9/15/2007 6:46:00 PM

Been using LM hydrating primer for about 2 weeks now, and am loving it! To begin, I have normal/dry skin with rare breakouts, and I chose this primer because of it's "hydrating" factor. I have used many, many primers in the past **Mac Prep-n-Prime, Philosophy The Present, NARS, LG Spackle, Smashbox, Studio Gear, just to name a few** and some I liked and some I hated, but so far this one is the best. I don't have really large pores, but this primer I noticed did seem to minimize them a bit, and as far as "hydrating", I do notice it does as my skin feels dewy, not tacky/sticky when using this primer. I like the hygenic squeeze tube as a dime size is all I need to cover my face, after I moisturize of course. There is no noticeable smell, and it applies smooth and creamy. I don't think it does much for evening out skintone, as I do have some blotchy red around my cheeks, but that's ok, as I still use concealer for that. I let it "set" for about a minute, then I put on my foundation **El Double Wear**, and top it off w/ a dusting of my NARS loose powder in Beach...absolutely flawless! It does make my MU wear all-day and into the early evening...it still looks fresh! I haven't had a breakout since using this, and I plan to continue using this primer as long as it keeps the great results coming! I took off 1 lippie for the price, as I think I payed around $40 for it, but a little is all you need, so it should last a long time :) As of right now, I can claim this primer as HG status!!

on 6/14/2007 11:34:00 AM

Complete waste of money. I actually think this makes my LM foundation wear off faster. I would not repurchase this again as I can see no significant effects from it, Especially when it costs $40.

on 3/28/2007 11:32:00 AM

I was very disppointed by this product. My foundation seemed to slide off faster when using this instead of the opposite and it made my skin feel sweaty, as if under a mask, and I do have dry/sensitive skin. Not impressed at all and I cannot see it having any positive effect on my skin. It did not break me out and the packaging is good, but that's certainly not enough to repurchase.

on 3/15/2007 3:12:00 PM

This is an OK product. The only reason I am using this, is the belief that it's supposed to create a barrier between your skin and your foundation so the foundation doesn't sink into your pores - hence clogged pores. However since I only use a light dusting of powder and not heavy makeup, I really do not think this is worth the $40 price tag.

on 3/13/2007 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have tried all three versions of the LM Primer, regular, oil-free and now hydrating. This is the best version for my oily, yet dehydrated and aging (+50) skin. Feels cool going on and provides just enough glide for me. I was surprised that I liked this version the best. Does not feel greasy.