Make Up For Ever Sens Eyes

Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Methylpropanediol, Acrylates Copolymer, Ageratum Conyzoides (Ageratum Conyzoides Leaf Extract), Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton Seed Extract), Isobutylparaben, Mel Extract (Honey Extract), Sodium Methylparaben, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sorbic Acid, Tromethamine, CI 42090 (Blue 1).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved the idea of this product--creamy, fragrance-free waterproof eye makeup remover--but it did not do a very good job at removing my waterproof eye makeup. The creamy lotion felt nice but I had to really scrub my makeup out and the lotion migrated into my eyes, which clouded up my contacts. My Lancome Bifacil and Mary Kay eye makeup removers worked 10 times better than Sens'Eyes, which is unfortunate because I love Make Up For Ever's products. Can't win thm all, I guess.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

- Skip down to 'Final Consensus' for short summary of overall thoughts on product -

What it Claims:
"This mineral oil-free gel removes make-up from eyes and lips and is extremely effective and incredibly gentle. It doesn't leave the eyelids feeling greasy. It instantly removes impurities and even waterproof make-up on the most sensitive eyes and even contact lenses wearers."

Claims - True or False?
1) Removes makeup from eyes and lips: True.
2) Is extremely effective: False.
3) Incredibly gentle: False.
4) Doesn't leave the eyelids feeling greasy: True.
5) Instantly removes impurities and waterproof makeup: False.

Packaging:
This makeup remover comes in a pump bottle with clear plastic packaging. The pump itself is one that can lock, making it excellent for minor traveling or tossing in your gym bag to remove eye makeup pre-workout. I do like the pump as it is quite hygienic, but this design has a minor flaw: It it impossible to get all of the product out of the tube. There is a decent amount of gel left on the sides and the bottom which can somewhat be scraped out, but I think it would be much more effective if they used a different form of pump dispenser that would allow for all the product to be used properly. The packaging itself is very simple, somewhat bland. The plastic does not provide an ingredients list.

Smell:
I truly despise the smell. It's not overly strong in any way, but it's quite strong when you consider the fact that the label states "fragrance free". I can't really describe the scent, but I'd take a guess and say it's a chemical scent.

Consistency:
I think the only think I really adore about this is the consistency. Regardless of whether it works or not, I love the idea of a gel or lotion in place of a liquid. It is very much like a creamy gel, and with a gorgeous blue colouring. This, however, is something I am not fond of in a product designed for SENSITIVE eyes and skin. Not too thick or thin, can easily be applied directly to the eye area without it dripping everywhere. I would, however, prefer if it had a little bit of an oilier consistency. I found that adding a drop of jojoba oil made it far more effective.

Ease of Use:
Not hard to use, but I found it to be a little difficult to get results when placing the gel directly on a cotton ball. Because it isn't a liquid, I felt that I had to rub my eyes more than I would with a liquid. Instead of applying to the cotton ball, I found it easier to apply directly to my eye area, massage it in and then blot and sweep it away.

Bang for your Buck:
At around $25.00CAD for 3.38oz, it's not cheap, but it's comparable to other pricier brands out there. I can't see it lasting more than 5 months or so with regular use, but I think it's a good alternative to more expensive brands.

Final Consensus:
Recommended to those who dislike liquidy makeup removers, but not recommended for those with sensitive eyes and/or skin. Best for those who wear light and non-waterproof makeup, not ideal for shimmery or thicker applications.
- Pros: nice consistency, easy to use, travel-friendly, not much is needed to remove makeup, does not need to be used to cotton pads.
- Cons: stung the eye area, can dry the skin out, scent is a bit offensive, is a tad pricey, does not remove makeup properly, packaging prevents use of entire product,

Overall Rating: 2/5
Price: 4/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

This eye makeup remover is awesome. It is my HG eye makeup remover when I just need to remove a little bit of eye makeup. I use this almost daily. It is so sensitive for the eyes and does a great job. The pump is a great way to get the product out. I definitely recommend this for everyone. I am almost done with my 2nd bottle. It doesn't leave your eyes greasy at all! It's kind of like a cream base. I bring this with me every time I go on a vacation. (When I have very heavy eye makeup I use the Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this....I use Dior Diorshow and Iconic mascara, NOT waterproof. The girl at sephora said that this would work without rubbing and without multiple swipes. She was wrong. I used 5 cotton balls and did exactly what the directions said to do. I am returing this today and trying Bi Facil.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOOOOOOOOVE this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best MU remover i've tried. It doesn't need time to dissolve your eye makeup, it comes off in one swipe. I will also use this to fix mistakes. It's gel consistency makes it much easier to use and less filmy on skin then dual phase removers. The formulation of this remover is perfect for sensitive skin. Will definitely recommend this to others.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best eye makeup remover I've ever used.
I don't know what's in it, but it's amazing.
I have never been able to ue so little makeup remover and take off so much-my eye area feels silky after washing it off too...
love love love

I, too, got this in the Best of MUFE set from Sephora. I didn't try it forever because I just didn't really care to use it tbh. I have to say now that I have used it for a few weeks that I LOVE it. It reminds me very much of my beloved Nivea eye makeup remover that has been discontinued. It's a lotion consistency and it's not greasy at all. And, it melts off my makeup amazingly! I'm very impressed with this and I'm planning on buying the full size bottle when I run out.

I received the 0.84oz bottle of the Sens Eyes eye makeup remover in the "Best of Makeup For Ever" set.

I love MUFE, so I ordered the set mainly for the HD powder and the eyeliner. I didn't give this eye makeup remover a second thought, really. The bottle I received in the set is tiny, and it's a creamy-consistency, so I figured I would need to use a ton of it, which would most likely get soaked up into my cotton pad, and how could it work any better than an oil-based remover?

WOW! I was so wrong!

I used this after I had (heavily, I might add) applied L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof mascara (anyone who has worn this knows how difficult it is to remove, no matter what you use to do it!). My mascara came right off. It was amazing. I dabbed a little bit onto my cotton pad, held it against my lashes for about 7 seconds, and it only took 2 or 3 swipes to remove all of my eye makeup and the WP mascara.
No irritation, my eyes weren't sting-y, and the skin around my eyes wasn't red. I didn't lose any eyelashes in the process, either.

I have tried SO many different eye makeup removers... none have ever worked like this. I had resorted to non-WP mascara, but they just don't hold a curl for me like WP does. But it took so much effort to remove my waterproof mascara that it was too much of a hassle :(

I'm so happy I found this stuff... I've read that it's expensive, but to me, the results are worth whatever the cost is.

If you want to use a remover that will take off ALL of your eye makeup and is also very gentle... try this.

UPDATE: I will NEVER use another eye makeup remover. My eyelashes are so much healthier looking, and they are filling in beautifully (I used to have gorgeous lashes... totally wrecked by waterproof mascara and over-curling over the years, haha). I can't say enough about this remover. It's totally worth the cost. There's no hassle in getting my makeup off, even the toughest mascara. This is the *best*.

It is expensive for a makeup remover... but it delivers, so for me, this is a definite re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After using this for a little over a month, I can say its GREAT at removing waterproof mascara and even tough lip-stains/ lipsticks. It's very gentle, and although the rest of my face is not sensitive, my under-eye area skin is EXTREMELY sensitive. This didn't sting or cause any allergic rxns. I do hate that if a little goes into your eye, your vision gets blurred for a little bit, but almost all cleansers, oil-based or not, do that to me. I wear contacts, as many others here have stated, and this the only negative gripe I have (other than the price). Overall, its the best I've tried thus far. Wish it were cheaper.