October 20, 2014 | 1973 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by user1988

So after all the hype I went to Saks to purchase this, I got it for 15% off. I came in trying it with makeup on already and this did really make my skin look great, I loved it. Then I suffered a lot from buyer's regret, I just couldn't love it as I had hoped to after bringing it home. I can't use it on my bare skin without foundation bc of scars and uneven tones so what's the point? It seems pointless for me to put on my primer, foundation, blush, eyeshadow THEN apply this. I find I can achieve the same airbrushed look with my Estee Lauder translucent powder or Make Up Forever loose powder. So I took this back, got my money back and headed to Sephora and MAC and got myself tons of items... overall price was still cheaper than getting one high tech overpriced foundation.

I don't mind the price but it just didn't work for my acne prone skin. No coverage, only looks nice as finishing touch but so does mineral powder.

For those of you who want to try this product, I find that you can achieve the same look if you use Make Up Forever line of foundation. It's nice, smooth and not all that expensive when compared to this. The only thing I regret is I never got to go to the restroom with this gadget at a mall or something to show it off while the other ladies are looking at compacts!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Brandyc

This is fantastic *if* you have great skin. If you don't, save your money. It's great because you don't look like your wearing makeup. However, this will NOT cover any imperfections. You can use more, it won't conceal, and it will only make you look like your wearing makeup. As others have said, you must use concealer first. If you use concealer, and your regular foundation, you can use this as a finishing spray... but then you can tell your wearing makeup. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of this product??! If you have gorgeous skin (I don't know why you'd use makeup) but try this out for a nice glow, if your skin is anything less than perfect, you need more coverage. I recommend Chanel luminare if you like the dewy finish but need more coverage. Save your money, way too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this during Saks F&F for 15% off the $150 price. I spent quite some time talking to the line rep for SKll about things I'd read here and wanted to know exactly what I could and could not do. I took notes, lol. I purchased OP-l. My coloring is NW10 (if MAC made it). The end result was flawless, long lasting makeup. Here is what I did:
    1) Used MAC Prep & Prime spf50
    2) Used Serge Luten primer over that
    3) Applied concealer and powder blush- applied blush much HEAVIER than I normally would
    4) Sprayed forehead. Stopped. Sprayed middle of face. Stopped. Sprayed bottom of face. Stopped. Checked it out in the mirror. The one area that I have bad skin discoloring I sprayed twice more (2-4 seconds each time).
    5)Applied eye makeup and mascara. No need to use my eye or mascara bases!! Woo Hoo.
    6) Applied lipstick

Now, here is where I deviated from most. I don't like the dewy look; it looks like I've been sweating. During the dry winter months, this may be fine, but humidity is hitting the area and the summer months are almost upon my area, so I MUST powder. The SA said wait 30 minutes or so BEFORE press/patting powder into the face. So, I did. I added a coat of T.LeClerc pure white powder all over my face. At first, it looked, well, bad, lol. About 15 minutes later, the powder had blended or melted into the foundation and I had a creamy, porcelain texture to my skin which lasted until I washed my face at 10 that night. NO TOUCH-UPS during the day.

I don't know if this will work during the summer for me. Sweat=moistness and your skin MUST be matte/dry when you apply this foundation. During the winter, though, it will be fantastic. Oh, the little drop you lose at the beginning of using the machine? Use a concealor brush and apply it under your eye OVER your concealor (or by itself). Amazing. HTH anyone interested. My SA was super. She sprayed me with 5 other women looking on. They all bought the system based on me being air-brushed, lol.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Kellex

Okay, let's be comprehensive here:

PROS:
    1. this is CLEAN. You do not ever have to touch your face while applying, so if you are acne prone, this little gadget is about the best you can do.
    2. it's also EASY and saves TIME. Really, it cuts about 6-9 minutes out of my routine.
    3. it looks really NATURAL and EVEN.
    4. doesn't stick to clothes, hair, eyebrows, lashes

CONS:
    1. do I ever have to mention the price? It is ridiculous for the amount you get. I ran out of my first packet much quicker than I thought I would - in about a month!
    2. the coverage is quite sheer, and I simply can't afford to blast my face with tons of this stuff everyday to get the coverage I need.
    3. if you touch your face before this stuff tries, you're going to look like a stucco wall.

I've resorted to using this as a finishing product for my regular foundation. It will work for you if you already have relatively good skin. Remember to apply concealer first!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by okelani

I've tried this for many months now and I finally realized I don't like it. Initially it looks good but for some reason if my face touches anything, hours later, it seems to "peel" off and leave messy clumps on my face. It's really strange.

I put the same amount as the saleslady put on me... and I thought it was maybe because my skin is too dry but when I tried an almay foundation just to test the theory, this peeling didn't happen. So I have to conclude that it's from this foundation, because also when I don't wear any makeup I don't see these clumps either. Disappointing because I liked the lightness of the coverage and it feels nice and not "mask like". But if the end result looks horrible, then it's not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by bellissima16

Okay, I'm afraid after dropping $200 plus on this (both for the machine and a refill), I'm less than in love. The gadget IS very cool, and in principle it's a great idea. And I sort of get how good it can potentially make your skin look. HOWEVER, I wasn't 100% pleased initially, or nearly as ecstatic as some other reviewers sound, as the color I'd ordered (OP3) turned out to just be too light, and thus if I applied enough to get decent coverage, it looked masky. Thought, okay, well, I do like the way this thing works, I must just need a darker color. Ordered OB4 - which turned out to not really be any darker, just yellower-- and significantly so, which really doesn't work at all for me. So - like I said, 200 bucks in, and in all honestly, I prefer my true match. If they ever really make this in a good range of colors, I think it'll be fantastic. For now, wish I could somehow put my l'oreal true match into the little bag and get it to spray that on me!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ajchula

Well, I will give it another try, but for now...it's a no-go. This did nothing but jump into my pores and scream, "LOOK AT ME!!!!" I will try it again, as just a 'finisher' and see if it improves anything. But right now, I guess I can say that I'm glad I won't have to be breaking bank on a regular basis.

P.S. I have pretty clear and even skin to begin with, and I find that my Diorskin compact BLOWS the Air Touch away. Maybe it's just not suited to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by mm2015

I LOVE this! It is indeed like "Photoshop" in a bottle. I use it after makeup, blush and powder so I am using it more as a finishing spray as oppose to a stand-alone foundation. It seems to make my makeup last longer and even controls oil to some degree. Best of all, it gives me a great airbrushed look. I also find that it looks even better after a gym workout (I look dewy like I have baby's skin). Also, I find that if I spritz with a bit of Evian or LRP or something throughout the day, it brings back that dewiness. It makes you look like you have perfect skin. To be honest, I don't think this would be cost effective or even as effective using it as a stand-alone foundation (too expensive and it's only a light to medium coverage). If you used this alone as a foundation, you would probably go through it in like 2 weeks (if that!). However, used as a finishing spray, I think you still get the "perfect airbrushed" look AND you can make this last quite a while. I would definitely repurchase but only during Saks Friends and Family!

The key is to stay at least 4 inches away. The SA at Saks told me that if I hold my arm against the side of my body and then spray, I will be at least 4 inches away. I think that is a good guideline since you have to keep your eyes shut and otherwise would have no idea if you are 4 inches away or not. Too close to the skin, you will get the makeup settling into your pores. Also, the 2nd key is to spray for 15-20 seconds as oppose to the 30 seconds. You get just enough to make your skin glowy this way (not to mention you won't use it up so fast!). I find 30 seconds and more makes me more cakey.

I wear SKII OP-3 and I am a medium fair asian (#5 in Armani, Sunny Beige in Laura Mercier, Chanel Teint Innocence Cameo or Shell, MAC NC25-30.

Edited to add that I used this every day for 10 seconds and it lasted 7 months! So that's pretty good for the money!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I seem to be in the minority here but I didn't love this. It did make my skin look flawless and it did cover up the slight redness in my cheeks (enough that I would have had to bought a new blush to compensate) but i found the colour selection choices awfull, the closest colour they could get to my skin just left it looking way too yellowy especially in daylight (a common problem with me and foundation!). So not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jbeers

There are really no words to describe how awesome this foundation is, so I will just tell my story.

I just recently discovered jojoba oil thanks to MUA and within the last few weeks, my skin has gone from bumpy to smooth and I have been so excited. But I was so disappointed that noone seemed to be noticing.

And then yesterday, this arrived in the mail. I watched the youtube video, which made assembly and application take less than 5 minutes. I sprayed half of my face (over my existing makeup) and opened my eyes, WOW! So I let it set and kept looking at it in different lights. All perfect. And then I started noticing how awful the unsprayed side of my face (which still had my old makeup on it) looked. It was just so RED!

So I sprayed the other half and my aunt came over. After about 5 minutes she asked me what I was using on my face to make it glow.

Then my husband came home and he just kept staring at me when we were talking. I didn't say anything because I wanted to see what he would say. As we were going to bed, he said "I think I am going to start using that Jojoba oil you are using." So that is what he thought had made such a drastic change in my skin ;)

Anyway, I put it on today without any makeup underneath. I have awful skin from years of acne, but I don't like to look super made-up. I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl, so I wanted to go for a natural look, and just sprayed it for a few seconds. The only problem with that, is that you can see how if you spray just a little more it will look PERFECT. And it is so hard to walk away!

The great thing about this makeup is you CAN walk away, let it set and come back. If you want to add more, do. It is that easy. I touched up my cheek and my nose about an hour later and it looked just as natural as the first application.

I LOVE THIS. And I am so lucky that this is around in my lifetime to convert my awful skin. I don't care how much this costs, I will eat top ramen if that is what it takes to buy it ;)

Also, I wanted to note a couple things that I read in other reviews. One was that you can't wear sunscreen under this. I used clinique superdefense for oily skin with spf 20 in the morning and it worked perfectly. I even had a little jojoba underneath my eyes and on my dry cheeks and no problem. Just let it set for a few minutes first.

The other is that I have the fairest of fair skin with a lot of red and have a really hard time matching foundations. I am NC15, but even that is a little dark on me. So I was worried about the limited color choices. I chose OP-1 because it is the lightest and figured it would be too dark. It matches perfectly. I think the reason why is that the mist is so fine that your regular skin tone evens out any color variations. In other words, the colors have huge range.

UPDATE: It has been a couple weeks now and I just wanted to update that I still absolutely love this product! It stays on all day and it just looks great. I have had no breakouts from it and I look forward to putting it on.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No