September 17, 2014 | 1270 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Sensual Amber EDT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*****UPDATE: I hate how everyone confuses this scent with Paris Hilton's Can-Can. When I wear it, someone is always asking me if I have on Paris Hilton. I hate that because I don't want to be associated in any way with some teenybopper, dumbfounded person. I'm sorry that this scent wasn't original, but I still love it.*****

LOOOVE! Although this is my first day wearing it, I am is absolute heaven with this scent. It's not overpowering at all. Really light and not sweet. It's a little musky, but it's also a tad bit spicy so it's just right. The reason I know I'm in love with this scent is because contrary to other scents, I like to smell this in the bottle AND on me. Usually I get sick of smelling any scent all day.

The one thing about EDTs however is that their scents don't really last long throughout the day. So I have to layer (shower gel, lotion, EDT). But no biggie!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by deke

This. Smells. Like. FLOWERBOMB. Amazing. I read yesterday from the other reviewers that this smells like Flowerbomb, so I popped over to BBW to try it. I was astounded. It is an almost exact dupe. Fabulous, though, because it's not quite so strong as Flowerbomb. Lighter. And not anywhere near as expensive. I don't generally like BBW fragrances as they tend to be sickeningly sweet and cheap, but this smells like a much more high-quality perfume. My eleven-year-old son loved it, and if an eleven-year-old boy likes a scent, then it's a winner.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Sensual Amber is a very sweet and light amber with some patchouli and is a real winner from BBW. I can see this being very popular - it's a lot like Flowerbomb but less patchouli - very pretty. Why spend for the expensive fragrances when you can have and cherish this delicious little gem?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I haven't loved a fragrance this much in a long time. It's so simple and sweet, and with layering, lasts quite some time. The EDT is not much different from the body splash, which I love to spray liberally all over right after a shower. It has a light vanilla essence with a touch of musk and soft amber. On me it dries down to a skin scent with added sweetness. $18CDN for 50ml.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUMMY! I have to agree with the majority here - It's been said before, the scent is a little sweet, warm, dark, sexy and alluring. Smells a little caramelly on me. Really yummy! I tried this one arm and Black Amethyst on the other, and this one was definitely sweeter and nicer on me. I could sniff myself all day! Simple classy bottle. Definitely a keeper! Very inexpensive, and lasts a all day on me... LOVE IT!
*****************EDIT***************** My husband, who is oblivious and sadly hardly ever mentions or notices my perfume, smelled this on me (I heard an audible whiff), and for a moment I thought he'd say something about it, but he didn't. I asked him "What were you going to say? It sounded like you were about to say something but you kept quiet." He said to me "You smell sweet, like honey." Since he likes honey, and he's normally close-mouthed and passive about things he likes, (unless he really hates something, in which case he's say "What the hell are you wearing, that stuff reeks!"), I'll take that as a compliment! This is a very nice scent.
***************EDIT #2 ****************************************
The last 2 days, I wore the Velvet Tuberose edt layered over Sensual Amber edt and body cream (and I mixed the body creams too) and for the last 2 days I've gotten compliments from both men and women on the scent. The man actually came back for a second, long whiff and almost wouldn't stop talking about how good I smell! I'd give this 10 stars if I could!
***************EDIT #3***************************************
The third day I wore this together with velvet tuberose, I got another compliment. This stuff is amazing. LOVE! <3

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Dayna77

Sexy, Warm Alluring!. I never liked bbw scents they mostly smell cheap but this is soooo yummy. It does not last as long as flowerbomb but for the price this is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love the scent and the price- but the scent fades after about an hour or so. I may purchase the body lotion and try layering the products for a more lasting affect. I do get many compliments on the scent after I first apply it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by dbp1515

I haven't been a big fan of BBW's products as I find most of the fragrances overpowering, but I do like the soaps and candles so I was investigating the SAS. First off, I love the packaging of several of the new products, including this EDT (OK, maybe it is just new to me :P). The look is classic without any cheesiness you might expect from mass produced goods. I sprayed this on a whim and could not stop smelling it. I left the store but had to go back and buy this since it was *very* reminiscent of one of my favorite fragrances, Flowerbomb. It is not an exact dupe, I find SA to be less flowery and sweeter, and not as strong or as long lasting. But, I can't afford F (which is around $100 a bottle I think) and this is a much more affordable substitute (less than $20 for a bottle). The smell is very comforting and definitely a success for BBW!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lmblazer

This is a nice EDT for the price. It does smell more sophisticated for a BBW frangrance as someone mentioned below. Doesn't last but it smells good when first sprayed on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by biker

Good stuff! Totally agree that this smells like 'Flowerbomb'. My only gripe is that I wish this lasted longer. I will try layering to see if that helps. Definately worth purchasing as an alternative to the VERY expensive Flowerbomb!