December 21, 2014 | 1230 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
-MUCH smoother skin, reduced pores, lines faded, slight glow. At first I really couldn't feel the difference, it just felt like rubbing nothing onto the face but I was so surprised, I could see really noticeable results in less than a week. I haven't noticed such a dramatic change with any other product.
-a bottle will last you ages
-super duper gentle it feels like soap
-fragrant free
-I've been told it reduces the chances of milia, which is hard to prevent and/or get rid of without pain.
UPDATE: I have gotten rid of one big milia (out of ten) using dermalogica, it just popped one day after a while of exfoliating that area (it doesn't work for milia that isn't bulging out )

Cons:
- It is super expensive here in Australia though but the price is reasonable if you get it off Amazon
-The packing is a bit of a bummer since I can never tap out a small amount.
- I developed a few pimples right when I started using it

I will definitely repurchase since the results are so great just after a week of use

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Quite simply the best daily exfoliator there is out there. This is gentle enough to use daily. A little bit on clean hands foam it up with water in your hands to make a creamy soapy bubbly creation and buff over your skin - afterwards my skin feels so soft and no little flaky patches! It also lasts forever - I've had a big bottle for 1 year and use it 3 times a week - there's still product in it! It's totally worth the money and is dermalogica at its best.

The only con for me would be the smell as with all DL products is a bit non descript & unpleasant - this is a very minor criticism. I also find the top of the bottle can get claggy and clogged up if the bottle has come into contact with water. These are so minor though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I got a very generous sample size of this product. It is a nice scrub and I like that it is a dry powder that you add water to and make a paste out of. Other than that, I am not wowed. I suppose it serves it purpose as an exfoliator but I still like Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash better. So, I will not be purchasing. Not to mention, it's expensive!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Superangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be a great product, gentle exfoliation without harshness. The formulation has been changed and now its just another harsh cleanser. Made my skin terribly dry and red - it took me a while to realise what it was. Disappointed to see key ingredient of sodium laurel sulphate - aka factory floor cleaner. Back to the drawing board - gentle exfoliation anyone?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Handwritten

Am not happy to give Dermalogica a poor review, as I've loved and repurchased many of their other products (especially the Special Cleansing Gel). I received a sample of the Microfoliant which I was excited to use as I have combination/oily skin and am always on the look out for a good exfoliator to unclog my skin.
I was VERY surprised with my skin's reaction to this stuff! Immediately after use my skin was burning and turned BRIGHT red. I don't have sensitive skin at all, so I was very surprised. My skin settled and returned to normal after about 20 minutes, but I would certainly not ever use this again and am happy that this was only a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by 000Natalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have been using a generous sample size that I was given when I purchased my moisturiser for around 2 months, 2 - 3 times a week.
I have drier skin and suffer with some redness on my cheeks, so I don't use it every day. But my skin feels smoother, more refined and glowing. I also have definitely seen a difference when applying my make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by GoldenBee12

Have already gone thorough one bottle. Usually don't use exfoliate find the beads to harsh in the cheaper brands. Really enjoying this - using it once every morning more so in my congested areas such as my chin and around the nose. Has made a difference smoother skin less blackheads and blemishes. Just purchased my second bottle :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by catmcg

I bought this around 6 months ago, within the first week of using it i went from thinking it was great to thinking it was starting to dry my skin out, but I decided to stick it out another week! I would have a tendency to break out around my chin and jawline and although that area had cleared up before I started using this product it really broke out in awfully painful big red spots!! i stopped using the microfoliant although it took my skin a long time to heal!
A few months later I started taking evening primrose oil and my skin was looking great. I decided to have another pop at using the Daily Microfoliant and after using it ONCE my skin broke out again!
This is such a strong prosduct that if your skin is sensitive at all it just ruins it! Stay clear if you think this might apply to you!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

After years of using Proactiv, it stopped working for me. I was devastated. Proactiv gave me the most beautiful skin; I was constantly complimented on it. So when it stopped working, I went on a years-long journey to find replacements.
All in all I discovered this: I did not need an acne product. After years of thinking I had oily, red, acne-prone skin, turns out I didn't. I still don't know what skin type I am (it goes from one to the other, depending on the seasons), but after months of using normal cleansers and harsh exfoliants, I discovered the thing that made me love Proactiv: the daily exfoliating cleanser.

Enter Dermalogica. I received a sample of this product in a Luxe Box (Canadian version of Birchbox). I fell in love. It was gentle and effective at exfoliating. I could use it every day (in the summer/spring/fall) without getting dry (I use it every other day to every 3 days in the winter, but my skin is bone dry during that season). It calmed my red, patchy skin down, got rid of all the dry parts, and left my skin feeling super fresh and clean.

Now I must admit when it comes to skincare, I am cheap. I do not like to spend a lot of money on things when there are gems like witch hazel as a toner (a couple bucks) and coconut oil as a cleanser. So when I ran out of this sample, spending $80 CAD on a full bottle of this stuff seemed pretty terrifying. I held out for a while, and noticed a definite change in my skin. It was peel-y and I broke out a little (which was strange). Overall my skin looked pretty patchy too. I decided, okay. Time to invest in this product.

I bought the full bottle of this exfoliant in April 2012. 10 months later, I am still using it, and it's at least half full (maybe more, I can't tell). I am shocked it's lasted this long, and thrilled. I can afford $80 a year (or two) for sure.

Is it pricy? Yes. But it lasts FOREVER. I now budget for this product. Does it work? YES. It's gentle and I can use it all year (which is something, considering I have to change up my cleanser and moisturizer twice a year). The packaging is nice, it comes in a very parmesan-cheese type dispenser, and it's easy to get the right amount of product (which is fairly little). It contains salicylic acid, so for those of you who have blemishes, this may help (normally salicylic acid does nothing for my blemishes, so I stick to benzoyl peroxide, but for some reason, this stuff works. I have no idea how).

Moral of the story: if I can justify spending the money on this, anyone can. I am a student, and I have to spend carefully. This product just happens to be worth the cash. It's given me some of the confidence back that I lost when Proactiv stopped working for me. Does my skin glow like it did when using Proactiv? No. But I don't think one product can do that for you. Proactiv was a daily exfoliator + glycolic toner combo, so I think that's what did it. I'm still trying to find a great glycolic toner. Stay tuned to my reviews :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Deanna83

Most scrub exfoliaters (even those that claim you can use them daily) are just a bit too harsh for my face and I don't tend to buy them anymore. I find this product is perfect for gentle exfolation, keep it in my shower and use it every few days after cleansing. I don't think it's a miracle product, I personally don't notice any long term changes to tone or pigmentation. But does the job of a nice gentle exfoliant. You have to be careful not to get water in the container though.