April 16, 2014 | 1934 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just purchased full size of this after using up a sample. This is a brilliant extoliator, which unlike most does not use chunky grains to slough off the dry bits or dead skin. It is a powder, and you only need about half a teaspoon full a time, which you mix into a paste using a couple of drops of water. From the first use the skin is a lot softer and smoother. I have now been using it for over a month and I am virtually blackhead free, and happily I am also free of clogged and blocked pores, which is lovely as Ive never had that before! The price of this is high but you need such a teeny amount per use, it is worth the cost. Very highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This was the first Dermalogica product I've ever used. It's rediculously overpriced so the only reason I tried it was because I got it on sale and all of the reviews were glowing.

I've been using this for a couple months and cannot see any difference in my skin. It's a nice exfoliant, but it doesn't do anything special in comparison to other exfoliants I've used previously. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by bonnyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST exfoliator I have ever used. I have sensitive skin and at the time of starting to use this product I was experiencing dryness, itchiness, redness and overall sensitivity and was quite concerned about using a daily exfoliator, not wanting to hurt my face anymore than it was already hurting! I was given a sample of this product to try after visiting my local salon, and was initially skeptical on how it was actually going exfoliate considering it felt soo gentle on my skin when I used it at home, to the point where I couldn't really feel it doing anything other than foaming up. But surprisingly it did exfoliate beautifully, and didn't leave my skin feeling scratched, dry or tight. I used it everyday as recommended and absolutely love it. I find my skin feeling clean and refreshed afterwards as you would expect. I have currently run out of this product and have been using my Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub which I also find good, however it's more 'scratchy' and I don't use this every day, but every 2nd or 3rd day. I do think the Dermalogica is far superior to the Aveeno though, and if I could purchase more tomorrow I would, but it's a little pricey at between $52-$65 a tub. It does last for a very long time though, as you only need a very small amount and mix it to a frothy-paste in the palm of your hand, then gently work it onto the skin. I think it's value for money considering how long it lasts. The only thing some people may not like is that it smells like rice, as it's rice-based. It's not disgusting or overpowering though, so if you can get past that you'll be getting fantastic results from an amazing product that I can't recommend more highly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Wonderfully gentle but effective exfoliator. Does not bother my teen's acne.

CONS: May not be exfoliating enough for some. Even Dermalogica recommends that if you use a gentle exfoliator daily, that you will probably want to use a physical one or heavy-duty one once a week or thereabouts. I just combine this with use of the Olay cleansing brush. (I only use the brush very quickly on my skin at night when cleansing.) It has a lemony smell that doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't bother my sensitive allergies at all. When my skin is more dry, I use the Daily Resurfacer by Dermalogica, which is gentle to my sensitive skin, not drying at all.

ALTERNATES: See "CONS" above regarding Daily Resurfacer.

PURCHASING TIPS: You can get this cheaper in the pro size or just cheaper in general at places like Amazon. There is a gamble whether the product is genuine, but I've had success so far.

USAGE TIPS: I buy the travel size and transfer product to it so that I don't have to worry about spilling (the travel size has a more narro opening at the top.) (And see "CONS" for another tip! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by HayleyKate19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product having read all the great reviews, however this product did not work for me! I broke out in a red lumpy rash on my forehead and around my cheaks. I initially carried on using the product as I thought my skin would soon get used to the exfolient and settle down. However this was not the case, it got worse, so after 1 month of using it I finally gave in and stopped. That was in August and my skin is still not back to normal (I have under the skin lumps on my cheaks). I must have been allergic to one of the ingredients but I wouldn't say my skin is particularly sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Peppan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product for about two years now, and I love it! I use it almost every day and it keeps my skin clear and soft. It is very mild and doesn`t irritate my quite sensitive skin at all.I like the gentle structure of this peeling, so different to all other kinds of peelings I have tried. It lasts for a loooong time, I only use like a teaspoon or so every time, so the bottle I have now have lasted since february 2010, and I think it will end just in time for it`s best-before date. So, I will definitly purchase this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product at Ulta after talking to esthetician who recommended it. It seems expensive but it lasts forever! You only need a very small amount. I keep mine in the shower with no ill effects. It makes my skin feel great and gives me a glow. I use it approx 3 times a week with my Clarisonic Mia. Some reviewers have called it pricey but this is my first container and it has lasted over a year! I will repurchase.
update: STILL on my first container, still using and still loving!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by kberly37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this exfoliant but it's not the best one I've ever used. It will make your skin very soft after using and it's very gentle but the smell reminds me of old milk. Just OK, not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by thelastspark

The quality of this product is really really great - it leaves my skin feeling so baby soft and takes away any grain of dirt from my face. It's easy to apply and lightweight so easily packaged, and very simple to use. I've already noticed my skin's oily:dry ratio is now evening out and is already softer - and I've only been using it for 6ish days!

However it is very expensive, it does last a long time and is brilliant at what it does, but it will hurt your wallet. I would buy it again, but only when I can afford it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Beachbum1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. I use it every night and it makes my other skincare products work more effectively.

This is different than other facial exfoliantís because itís not so harsh on the skin. The consistency is very smooth and you donít feel any little beads. I find that great. I hate the feeling of dragging sand all over my faceÖ

The product is expensive, but it does last a long time so it evens out. I personally love it and canít see myself without it now.