July 26, 2014 | 971 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by boomtownrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've found that if I do about 80 strokes per armpit, this will keep me BO-free for 24+ hours. Wednesday night, I bathed and applied this to freshly cleaned, damp armpits. I woke up intending to wash my armpits and reapply the Crystal, but I didn't smell anything. I decided to see how long this would last. After a day of Thanksgiving visits AND a night out, there was STILL no stink! I woke up this morning and incredibly I had only just begun to smell as I was getting into the shower.

If I apply it less than 50 strokes on each underarm, there might be a slight odor by the late afternoon. Putting on 80 strokes per armpit takes less than a minute and the product goes a long way. It's extremely worth it to take those extra seconds to put on more, making sure to cover a wide area.

My armpits feel much better than they have with any antiperspirant or natural deodorant. I love not having to deal with nasty chemical perfumes. I have a skin condition that affects the armpits, but after coconut oil deodorant and now the Crystal Stick, it has calmed down considerably.

I've been using the Crystal Stick for over a week. If it keeps working so well, I'll remain loyal!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

So I'm trying something new for a deoderant. I don't use deoderant for women because every brand seems to not do anything and my sweat odor comes through. Saying that I am an active sports person so I need something a little bit stronger than the average female does. I am currently using Mitchum Smart Solid for men but I notice in the last 6 months something about it has changed. It says it's still odor free but I can smell something different and it works pretty much as well as a female deoderant now it used to be the best deo ever for sports. i"ll be wearing for work tomorrow and lets see what happens. So far I love the packaging though.

3 DAY REVIEW
I didn;t expect anything from this deoderant seeing as it's all natural but so far it's working better and for longer than any deoderant or anti-perspirant i've ever tried! I work all day and have made a point out of not washing my pits until the mext morning and when I wake up I still smell clean and fresh. It's fragrance free too. The only inconvenience for me is that I have to put a rop of water on the top in order to wet the crystal but it's worth it seeing as it's natural and works great. It also doesn' leave white residue on my clothing. If it continues working like this I will definitely be rebuying

2 MONTH UPDATE
I stepped up my workout routine. Now if you work out lightly (yogay) or not at all this deoderant is fine but as soon as I started doing longer runs and more sweat inducing workouts it stopped protecting me from that sweaty smell so I had to stop using it. I'll keep it for days when I'm off the gym but otherwise it just doesn't do the job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty decent, as long as you're aware that you will sweat. Sweat you will, but odor will be controlled. At least this was the case for me. Totally better for you than regular deodorant that contains aluminum.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

This stuff is awesome! I switch to natural deodorant because reg deodorant can cause breast cancer and i aint gonna take chances with that. This only cost me 3 bucks says it will last about a yr and is all natural. When i use this it keeps me oder free ALL day and sweat free ALL day i love it. works better than any other deodorant iv ever used all my life. Its so easy to use too, no mess and even if you do make a mess (which i dont see how you could with this) its clear so ya cant even see it and no white pits either. Plus it looks so cute, lil salt crystal :3 also sense its clear there is never any worry about getting white stains on you clothes. FYI if you put this on after you just shaved, its stings, but only for a few seconds.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Did I use this wrong? I live in Las Vegas and Summers are brutally hot. I wanted to try a more natural option for deoderant. Arggg this stuff left me a nasty wet mess. Sooooo embarrassing! I had no idea I actually sweat so much! This did not control sweat at all. I'm in the heat or at the gym often, and this stuff is worthless to me. I don't even want to give it one lippy. I will stick to my Secret Clinical and never stray again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by 4tja

it really works!!!!!!! i couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!

5/5 for being a natural deodorant that actually works...... we all put so much garbage on our bodies, and use deodorant every day, so i didn't want to keep using the traditional kind that's apparently really bad for you.

this deodorant really works! all natural! but use lots of swipes!

packaging could be better.......... it's not at all good-looking, and i agree with the reviewer who says it looks like it will shatter if dropped once.

but it's natural. it works. 5/5. BUY IT

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by filamgirl618

Let's just say that I was always on the search for a deodorant until I picked up this amazing thing. I always hated traditional deodorant because it irritated my pits (I always have bumps on them due to their sensitivity) and that I hated the residue that most of them would leave on my pits and clothes. Welcome to the Crystal Stick. It's truly been a miracle for my pits. The bumps on my pits aren't nearly as bad as they used to (I still get them when I shave, but that's another story), I really don't feel like it leaves any sort of residue on my pits or clothes, and it controls odor, probably even better than any traditional deodorant I've ever used in the past. It isn't an antiperspirant by any means, but the good thing about this is that even if you do sweat a whole bunch, at least it won't leave you smelly or with nasty pit stains. The only minor thing that I don't like about this is that it's not as convenient as traditional deodorant. I can't just pop this in my purse and swipe it on as necessary, I have to make sure I'm near water since it requires it to apply, otherwise it'll be uncomfortable. In any case, I totally suggest anyone go out and try it! I know when I got it, it was on sale at my local Walgreens!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by marigold555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a thick salt stick basically. You have to wet the top and use it that way. It is supposed to be used multiple times a day so its not very convienient. It does reduce odour nicely but it doesn't reduce sweating. Nothing should reduce sweating, that's one of the body's natural excretory systems. I would reccommend it. But when I'm really busy I use something thats all natual that is even better. I mix a quarter of a teaspoon of baking soda with 4 or 5 drops of water, rub together and apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I heard about crystal deodorant several years ago from my aunt and cousins, who are big on natural products (and a bit hippie, in a good way). In any case, I immediately wrote this product off because its not an anti-perspirant, and at the time, I really felt that I needed one. I'm a big time sweater, not so much from heat but from social anxiety- the minute I feel uncomfortable, sweat rings galore!

Now that summer weather has arrived in my area, the downsides of conventional deodorant/anti-perspirant have been becoming more obvious to me: burning sensation/bumps under my arms, unpleasant sour odor when it becomes moist, and the fact that it really doesn't work to control sweat that well! I end up with sweat rings whether I wear it or not (and yes I've tried clinical strength, too.) Not to mention the crusty stains it leaves on my shirts. Most of mine have becoming totally ruined over the years.

Fast forward for a couple weeks ago, when the Crystal stick was on sale at Walgreens for $3. So I decided, why not?

Turns out this products work GREAT for body odor. I have no smell at all for almost 24 hours, and even after that its so slight that even I have to stick my nose in my pits to smell it, haha. I apply directly (and liberally) after I get out of the shower, and again in the morning if I showered the night before. Yes, you are going to sweat, but in my case, I find that I sweat no more than I did with anti-perspirant (and maybe even less!) and there is no embarrassing sour odor or burning! And as for clothes, no stains, no smell! NO more discolored crusties! I'm a crystal deodorant convert for life.

I've been using the stick for about two weeks, and I can already tell this thing is going to last FOREVER. The packaging is a bit rickety, but works well for its purpose. Be sure not to let it get turned complete upside down when you apply, or the crystal might fall out, and probably break.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. This is one of those things that I used to eye at the drugstore wondering how the heck it works. One day I searched for reviews on MUA and they were pretty good so I decided to buy it. It cost me HK$50 (US$6) for a stick, which is a bit more expensive than conventional DS deos but it is SO WORTH IT. Btw, they even had a mini stick for HK$10 (US$1.5) so I bought that first to try and I was pretty impressed. This is great because it gives you the option of trying a smaller size before buying the whole thing. They also have a spray and roll-on formula.

I've been using mine for over 3 months and it hasn't even dented yet. Basically, you're supposed to wet the stick with a bit of water and then roll on your underarms like any other roll-on. But you MUST ensure that it is properly done - each underarm needs at least 40-50 swipes. The spray/roll on ones sound like more convenient options but they definitely don't work as well as the stick. Still, if you don't have too much of a BO problem you can go for the spray. You WILL sweat with this product. It is NOT an anti-perspirant but the sweat will be odorless if used properly. Sweating is natural and releases toxins from the body so if you use products to stop sweating it is stopping the toxins from being released. I read somewhere that if your sweat smells, it is not the sweat but the bacteria on your underarms. This product effectively stops underarms from smelling and it lasts ALL DAY.

This is a completely natural product. Good for you and good for the environment. I must admit I'm not a fan of the packaging. It's made of very cheap plastic and I'm pretty sure the entire thing will shatter if dropped even once. The lid of mine doesn't seem to close properly either. Still, you get what you pay for. I think with daily use this stick would probably last me AT LEAST a year so that's like paying HK$4 (US$0.5) a MONTH.