December 20, 2014 | 832 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Foaming Face Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by JGjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i've been using this for about 2-3 weeks and i LOVE it more than anything else i've tried and i've been through so many washes, but now i finally found something i'm gonna repurchase. with foams, i feel like it never cleans well and that was the case with a lot of them i've tried. when i'd dry my face, my foundation would be all over the towel, but not with this one. my skin has also never been this clear before and it's helped a lot. i love it. i took off 1 lippie for the pump, though. it takes forever to get back up and pump out another shot of the wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lolita_terrorist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had bad experiences with oil of olay products, but this was on sale for $1.95 so I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and I'm glad I did. Most cleansers really dry out my oily acne prone skin, but this didn't! Sure my skin started to feel oily throughout the day, but that's what oil blotting paper is for! This does what it's supposed to by cleaning my face and removing make-up and that's all I wanted from it so I'm content. My only gripe is it's not very foaming and doesn't pump out well, but I think that's just a problem with the pump I have since others seem to have no problems with it. x_x;

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sugarbaby01

Ive been using this stuff for years...not because i LOVE it, but because I have no reason NOT to like it. its pretty simple...slight, pleasant fragrance, foams nicely, and it never irritates (i have the sensitive skin one though). It is a pearly white, and comes in a basic black and white pump bottle, which squirts out a nice amount.

if you are looking for a simple, reliable cleanser, this is one of them!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2004 2:11:00 AM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: This cleanser lathers well, and does a good job of removing makeup. Cons: I usually don't mind scented products, but the perfumey smell of this is unpleasant to me. The residue left behind is light, but it's a bit too moisturizing for my "normal" skin. Update (1/19/05): I've restarted use of this cleanser twice, to try to use it up, and both times I've broken out. I'm kind of surprised, as I do not have very sensitive skin. Removing a lippie. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2004 10:49:00 AM More reviews by MLster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product and have been using it consistently for a few years.
What I love about it most is it not only makes my face feel smooth and clean after washing BUT it is SO refreshing to use!
It just wakes me right up as soon as I lather it on!Good product and price is nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2004 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Xepera

I wanted to buy
the "Sensitive skin - fragrance free" version but it wasn't available
at the drug store where I was at the time so I opened the bottle to smell it
and find it to be not to strong of a fragrance so I bought it. Well I'm glad
I did, this is now my favorite facial cleanser. It foams wonderfully
and it's extremely silky, wonderful sensation. I always look forward
to wash my face in the morning; it leaves my face very soft and silky. The glycerin
content does give a sense for "slimy" and not well rinsed but that
is what makes this cleanser less drying (glycerin help water retention) and
don't worry if rinsing properly the sensation is normal. I have combo skin and
sometimes over dry when using retinol/BHA products.
This cleanser is
perfect but like most foaming cleanser it can irritate the eyes if using as
an eye makeup remover as well so I use it only when I have no makeup to remove.
I would usually not buy again since I like a cleanser I can use as a makeup
remover as well but the sensation I get when using it is so amazing that I still
buy again and again. I use Nivea - Refreshing Gel Cleanser,
this one doesn’t foam and works great for both makeup remover
and facial cleanser so I alternate with this one at night for makeup
remover and facial wash when needed.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2004 3:51:00 AM More reviews by SpaceKittyFrog

Caused me to break out in horrid lumps all over my forehead. My skin had been clear all my life until this product. Never again.
I'm still trying to get rid of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2004 9:42:00 PM More reviews by shob

Cleans my face nicely without drying. Perfect price. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2004 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Sugar76

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm reviewing the original cleanser in the pump dispenser. I tend to stray and experiment with other brands, but this is the one I always return to. I prefer foaming cleansers and the pump dispenser is very convenient. I have oily blemish prone skin and this is gentle enough not to dry out or aggravate, but does a wonderful job at removing surface oil and makeup. I've used this product on and off for nearly a decade and it hasn't failed yet. Highly recommend. I am a bit concerned to hear that it may be discontinued. I just hope the new aloe version in the tube will warrant the same high rating.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2003 10:31:00 AM More reviews by bodie358

This so-so cleanser foams nicely and removes all make-up. However, it leaves a residue and the smell is horrid. I will not buy again but will finish the bottle using toner afterward to remove all traces of product.