Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Titanium Dioxide, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Dimethicone Copolyol, Stearyl Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 40, Also Contains:, Vitamin B3, Pro Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Amino Peptide, Green Tea

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm scared.

I started using this last Saturday evening. By Friday, I woke up to four of THE largest cycstic pimples I've ever had in my 27 yrs. Three between my eyes (bf is calling me a unicorn) and one on my chin. I haven't had a breakout (even hormonal) in a very, very long time and prior to about a month ago, I used to never wash my face before bed (I know, I know) so that says something.

I turned to the Regenerist line because of what Consumer Reports reported about the anti-aging benefits. To summarize, they tested a bunch of brands ranging from La Prairie to Olay and the Regenerist line was the ONLY proven product to have any effect on wrinkle reduction (the La Prairie was last!) . So that being said, I was psyched to try it.

As for the smell, I can tolerate just about anything but yes, this has a really strange, plastic, shoe-store smell.

The consistency is like butter and goes on beautifully but my skin does feel kind of "rubbery" as one MUA'er had mentioned. It feels like it just kindof sits there.

The packaging is interesting, I can't say I love it but it is truly unique.

The price is decent but I'm scared about the cystic pimples. I'll continue to use it for another week and see how it goes but if I get another pimple I will discontinue. I will update!

****Update 11/18/07**** I never did go back to this, I was a too nervous to try considering the outcome.

This used to be called Perfecting Cream. I have used up almost a full bottle of it, and I realized yesterday that the lines beside my mouth have lessened a bit. Not disappeared completely or anything, but only cosmetic surgery could achieve that effect! So I'm pretty happy with the lines being a bit softer and a bit less deep. This cream never breaks me out and it softens my skin without making me greasy. I like the container, I like the smell, and I like how easy it us to brush mineral makeup on over it. All in all, my skin looks better for having used it- and I think I'll stick with it until they invent a cream that erases wrinkles completely (I won't be holding my breath on that one)!

Although this product has received plenty of good MUA reviews and other good reviews in the media, I really don't care for this stuff at all! The smell is quite unpleasant -- like medicinal old lady perfume -- and the texture quite greasy. I'd never had milia in all my 44 years until I used this product, and they developed within less than a month. I'm quite disappointed and would never purchase it again. However, I did give it two lippies because of the ingenious packaging with its hygienic, pump delivery system and because of it's nominal price. I paid only $14 (on sale, regularly $18). I have normal/combination skin and a cool, light medium complexion. Too bad! I had high hopes!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am 35 with very dry skin and am always outdoors so my skin takes a real beating. I purchased the Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream sort of on a coin toss (so many to choose from yanno) and really liked it. The container is handy, just push down the top to get just what you need, and I like the smell. It goes on smooth and didn't feel greasy at all, just absorbed right in. After about a week, the skin on my face felt so soft, I was really surprised. The price isn't too bad, I think I paid around $16 for it. I'll definately keep using this one. :)

This did not work at all for me... (53 years old, no skin problems except those associated with aging!) - the smell is really medicinal, it gave my skin a rubbery feeling, especially right after application . Didn't notice anything good after a few days; however, it did make me break out! The packaging is interesting and probably more hygienic that an open container but I kept thinking I should clean off the "landing pad" with an alcohol swipe after every use. Won't buy this again and probably won't finish what I have left.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a good night cream for my mature skin. I think I found it in this. The packaging is great. Just push down on the top and you get as much or as little as you want. This soaks right into my skin and leaves it feel so soft. I will be buying this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this. The moisturizer itself is just as you'd expect from Olay - great hydration, smooth consistency, good scent, leaves skin glowy. I really like the packaging on this one - you pump it and it falls on the top of the container (which is flat), then you smear it off and use. I've had no waste of this product due to it's packaging. You get exactly the amount you need. :-)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product used to be called Regenerist Perfecting Cream. I've called Olay's customer service line to verify this information. The formulation has not changed, however I do notice it absorbs into my skin more easily and seems to leave a smoother texture than before. Please refer to my original review of Perfecting Cream. Still the same good stuff that I wouldn't swap for anything.