Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 4/28/2013 1:14:00 AM

It's my fourth week of using Yogurt as a daily facial mask, I mix:
1 tbsp of yogurt
1 tsp of oatmeal
1 tsp of white rice flour.

This combination has worked wonders in evening out my skin tone as well as improving the texture of my skin. I leave it on for 30 minutes nightly before bed.

I have to admit though, I was about to abandon the whole thing 2 weeks into it as my skin got worse, there were more bumps on my skin and I started to get new pimples but I kept at it and now I realize, my skin was purging. The purging is still happening BUT the pimples seem to go away quietly and I am seeing general improvements. The blackheads are subsiding and the bumps are disappearing and as I mentioned before my skin tone is starting to even out, I'm sure the oatmeal and white rice flour have a lot to do with this as well.

I also had a major cystic acne jerk on my chin for the last couple of months and it was not going away, but slowly but surely, this concoction is finally fading the dark brown ugliness under my skin and bringing the sucker to its head where hopefully it can disappear forever.

I am going to continue this regiment and hopefully continue to see improvements, will try to post the progress at a later time.

UPDATE: It's been 3 month of using this mask daily and it has transformed my skin. I am no longer purging! It has refined my pores and reduced the number of blackheads on my nose. The whiteheads are taking a little longer to disappear but I definitely have seen an improvement. There also has been an overall improvement in the tone and evenness of my skin. I am addicted to this mask, no matter how tired I am or busy I am, I make sure I do it before bed because it's so worth it!

on 4/26/2013 11:51:00 AM

I made a yogurt, honey and oatmeal mask last night and it made my face feel so good! I left it on for about 30 minutes and then rinsed it off with warm water followed by cold water to close my pores. I will definitely be trying this again!
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup of dry oats
1 tsp. of honey
This makes a lot so I just put it in the fridge and I'll probably use the remainder today.

on 3/30/2013 9:52:00 AM

God bless yoghurt!I have always thought after great research on cosmetics that natural products(in the fridge/garden etc)work miracles.Here 's my mask-1 teaspoon o f yoghurt,1 tablespoon honey,1 tspoon of fresh lemon juice,1 tspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of almond oil(if you don't have it,try olive oil).Leave for 15 minutes and clean your face with mild cleanser.It's one of the best masks i 've ever used!

on 3/25/2013 9:03:00 PM

Read the reviews on the yogurt mask, so I tried it on my sensitive, combination skin! Not a good skin reaction! It felt great on my skin, but the next few days I broke out in white heads! I use a BHA, so I should not experience my skin purging of anything! Don't recommend this!

on 3/19/2013 12:37:00 AM

this def works on ugly huge red acne bumbs! im relieved, mix with oats and leave in for 40 minutes!

on 3/2/2013 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow! I just tried my first few yogurt masks this week and my skin feels AMAZING! I just slather plain full fat yogurt on my face, leave on for 20-30 minutes and rinse with water and pat dry. I don't wash afterwards so that the residue is left behind on the skin. Even after the first one I felt a noticeable difference; my skin is so soft. Best mask I've ever used! Love it! And so cheap. I buy the generic brand for around $2. Amazing.

on 2/26/2013 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love using organic Greek yogurt as a beauty essential! This stuff makes an awesome deep conditioner for your hair and a must have for your face. I love this and its soo affordable and natural. When I deep condition my kinky hair, it literally melts my tangles apart. The only con is that if you don't wash your hair with shampoo after you rinse it out it will smell awful. But I will keep purchasing.

on 2/20/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Its pretty goood!
It makes my skin feel much softer and brighter after the first use :D im definitely going to use it everyweek!
I just wouldnt recommend using it everyday otherwise our skin will get used to it and itll lose its effectiveness so once a week is the best :D
alternate between oatmeal and yoghurt!!

on 2/16/2013 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to have inflamed cysts on my face (mostly cheeks)but managed to get rid of the inflamation after going for a facial...However, a month later, it all came back and after a while, it got worse.So I stopped cleansing my face as much (minimum once a day though)and threw out my toner and decided to opt for something more natural as most skin care products didnt seem to have any long lasting effects on my skin. Tried this yogurt mask eventually and it was fantastic! My scars are now significantly lighter and I only get one or two pimples whenever my skin breaks out. Seems to work for oily acne prone skin like mine, I guess:).I now use this on alternate days with a bit of lemon juice and cinnamon powder. Using a green tea bag as a toner now and then seem to also help.

on 2/9/2013 7:15:00 AM

I always had really good skin to start with. Only got pimples for about 3 months when I was 13. Apart from that, my skin was always clear.

When I turned 19, my skin flipped out for no reason and I started getting small bumps on my forehead which later transformed into big red pimples. This pimples then spread down to my chin and around my nose (basically, all around my t-zone).

I thought maybe this was due to clogged pores since my t-zone was always oilier than my cheeks. So I went crazy with clay masks, desperately trying to pull out all the impurities that were on my skin but to no avail. In fact, they made my skin irritated and red. I decided to then try out benzoyl peroxide which not only made my skin extremely dry and painful but my pimples also seemed to get worse.

Desperate, I googled natural acne "cures" and saw yogurt come up. I decided, why not? I usually don't eat yogurt at all so I went out and bought a small container of natural tub set yogurt (Paul's Natural Yogurt 200ml -- in case anyone wants to know). I applied the yogurt all over my face after I cleansed my skin at night and waited for it to dry completely (takes about 1 hour for me). I washed my face after the mask dried and saw no noticeable difference but hey, it was my first time. I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning, my skin looked less irritated, some pimples even looked smaller. The difference was minimal but I was quite sure it was working. So, I kept at it for a whole week to see how my skin would pan out. Within a week, my skin has calmed down A WHOLE LOT, and my pimples are definitely much smaller.

To anyone considering a yogurt mask, I would recommend trying it out. Yogurt is dirt cheap so you really have nothing much to lose. I will say though, yogurt will probably take a long time to have any "real" effect on your skin but for me, as long as it didn't irritate my skin any further/didn't burn a hole in my pocket, I was willing to wait.

P.S. Yogurt does leave a film on your face after washing it off but I realise that my skin looks better if I just leave it as is in the morning, as opposed to trying to remove it with my toner. But I can understand how some might find that irritating. I also have started using yogurt as my morning cleanser and it makes my skin really nice and soft :)

---

Update (16th March 2013):
My skin got really nice again! After sticking to yogurt for about a month, applying it every night, all my acne cleared up. Because I was so happy with this result, I decided that it would be okay to try out other masks straight away. 2 weeks later, my acne started coming back so I'm back to using just yogurt again. It has been 3 nights in a row and my skin is slowly (but surely) starting to clear again. Note to self: always stick with yogurt and if I want to experiment with different masks, do it REALLY slowly.

Popular Masks