October 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do yoghurt masks all the time and find them to be mild but effective. My skin is combination and sensitive and yoghurt seems to moisturise my skin while simultaneously reducing pimples and pores.

I use Greek yoghurt as it is thicker and easier to apply and won't drip off as easily. It is also more moisturising. I like to leave it on until it's mostly dry. Sometimes I'll leave it on for more than an hour. My skin is sometimes a little red afterwards, but soon becomes soft and glowing.

Sometimes I'll mix other things in with the yoghurt such as honey, cacao, green tea leaves and lemon juice.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by safora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love yogurt masks, my skin always feels soft and radiant after!!

I also like to use this with an apple cidre vinagre mask to make my skin look shiney new!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i've heard so many great things about yogurt as a natural, effective facial mask so i finally decided to give it a go, especially since i've been trying more and more natural skincare e.g. using essential oils, oatmeal etc. instead of commercial skincare. i have read a few theories about different yogurt types e.g. fat or non-fat for different skin types but since i only had nonfat at the time, i figured i'd try it anyway. it works great! it leaves me skin so smooth and hydrated and my complexion is clear and bright and my pores are minimised. i would highly recommend using a good moisturiser afterwards regardless of whether you have oily or dry skin, and i'm keen to try using full fat yogurt and mixing it with oatmeal and honey and whatnot for future masks. what a great skin remedy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Beloreana

I use a plain full-fat yogurt and rice flour mask on my face daily. It keeps my skin soft, supple and bright. I do let it stay on until it dries and tightens, and then I take it off with a warm towel.

I noticed a lot of people complaining of dryness after using yogurt. If you let the mask dry, after you take it off you have to moisturize with something. The yogurt has lactic acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid. It will slouch off dead skin cells and expose a fresh layer of skin that is prone to drying. That is why moisturizing is very important.

I will use yogurt on a sunburn too, it sometimes takes the redness out, but I don't let it get to the point where it dries.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jaci2017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall this just didn't do very much for my skin. It made my skin feel hydrated right after washing of the mask but them ten minutes later my skin would be dryer than before using the mask. I was hoping this would help my acne but it didn't have any effect on that. The only thing this did was make my skin a little smoother but I would rather use a scrub that had moisturizing properties to make my skin smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by josianel84

WAOOOOOOWW!! I mixed Low-Fat Greek yogurt with quick oats and used a spoon to smear it on my face. I took a 15 minutes bath and removed the mask using the spoon. I could not believe how great my skin looked. My pores looked smaller and my complexion was lighter. My face was glowing. I have been washing my face with oatmeal for 2 weeks and I live in Canada it is freezing cold out and was irritating my skin like crazy. I have never felt so good about my skin since I am using oats and now with the yogurt mask I am in heaven!!!! Guy you must try this it is awesome... I am trying to get my boyfriend to do it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love yogurt masks! They are so refreshing so my skin and my hair. It hydrates my skin and hair making it really soft. My hair is shiny and my skin looks brighter too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by chinney

A staple mask that I'll always use. It's cheap! And the effects are great. Very gentle to the skin. I try to use it a few times every week and my skin always gets so radiant after that! I mix it with a few drops of TTO and it really helps alot with pimples! Do try it.

It really hydrates! I was in UK for awhile and the weather was so dry. I used yogurt mask on my face every day. And my face wasn't dry or peely at all!!! Whereas the rest of my body was dry and scaly. Amazing stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by azzy221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using full fat greek style yogurt as a face mask everyday for the last week, and it's a love hate relationship! At first after washing it off it makes your face feel very soft and supple. It brightens my face immediately, and I've noticed my pores on my nose have shrunk a little. However after 10-15 min of soft skin my face becomes really dry! I've experienced dry skin, but not to this extent. My cheeks which are usually my problem free areas have become incredibly flaky, and itchy.

I'm still going to continue using it, because I love how it makes my skin looking radiant, and I would love to see my pores shrink more :) I will be posting more updates on my skin whilst using this. I love the benefits and the dry skin I can combat with moisturizer!!

Update- 18/12/12 -
I've stopped using yoghurt as a face mask altogether. It made my skin incredibly dry, I probably overdid it though. If you have oily skin this would be perfect for you. But for dry/sensitive skin types please be careful. Right now i'm using nivea soft moisturizer to help with my dry rough cheeks, and i'm loving it!
I may use this for my oily t-zone, but I will limit to once a week. The lactic acid from the yoghurt can be too harsh for your skin, especially if you are leaving it on for 10 min and more, make sure you are using a good moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Dauntlless

I eat yogurt everyday, greek-fat free honey.

I came across a recipe that uses 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. It is absolutly fabulous, in fact I have it on right now!

I have tried this mask 2 times before and its been amazing, absolutley no problems. I love how you can make it homemade and cheap anyday!

TRY THIS AND BE ASTOUNDED