April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this highlighter. I personally like my highlighters to be fairly shimmery and super glowy. This brought my face to life. I did not find it to be yellowy at all. I use it on my cheeks, cupids bow, brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes and it just looks amazing. Very smooth texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What can I say about this HG product. I've been searching high and low for a powder highlighter. I'm an NW45 and have been attempting to really try my hand at highlighting my features. I've used MAC Gold Deposit (to chunky), MAC Loose Powder in Golden Bronze (to bright). I just wanted a nice warm glow. I saw this powder online and said no way I can wear something this light. OMG I glow. I actually glow. You don't need much to achieve it either. A barely there dusting and I glow. I have oily skin and cream/liquid highlighters slide right off my face. But this has stuck most of the day. If I was heading out later I would probably need a quick dusting at a minimum. My daughter who is close to NW20 couldn't get this to show up much of anything on her skin. So not sure how it would work for my lighter sisters. I'll save the MAC for girls night out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw images of this product online, I could not understand what all the hype was about. Once I'd purchased the 'Joie de Vivre' palette (which it came in) I thought I'd give it a shot, and I instantly fell in love! This highlighter is so finely milled, and with one small swipe you'll have enough on your brush to sweep across your cheek bones. The white/gold sheen is what I'd imagine pixie dust to be (as lame as that sounds...) but that's what it brings to mind :) Yes, like all other Nars products it's a little pricey, but you won't regret making the splurge, I guarantee it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by imkhatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, but unfortunately it does not work out for me.

I am Asian with light/medium skin and on me, it actually makes me look OILY versus having a nice glow. I wish that it could have worked out for me, but unfortunately it didn't.

The packaging for the product is of course from NARS and comes with a big mirror inside so thumbs up for that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a great highlighter, famous for a reason! I like saving this one for more dramatic looks, as I think it doesn't look as natural as Benefit's High Beam or MAC's Porcelain Pink. It's more of a pure shimmer rather than a champagne shimmer, such as The Balm's Mary Loumanizer. It has less sparkle in it than NARS Multiple in Copacabana. I was trying to find a reason not to need another highlighter, but this one is a great product and unique among the "greats," so I must keep it for my collection : )

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by oohlalaT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I picked up this highlighter. After trying to get "the glow" everyone wants, I realized with my combination skin, dewy just wasn't going to cut it so I've been trying to find a good highlighter.

I am an NC43/44, and I have to admit that I was scared this would make my skin look dull and ashy because its stark white in the pan. Almost miraculously when you sweep this across your skin, all that appears is a light golden glow. No ashiness. No huge obvious glitter chunks. No chalkiness. I was amazed. I only wished I had tried this sooner.

If you're afraid this wont work for your skin tone because of how it appears in pan, my advice is to try it out. It just might surprise you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

This looks obvious and too gold on me. I'm pale and cool-toned, and it just doesn't work. Just like with Orgasm, I was swayed by all the great reviews and severely disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by wingsofapig

I have finally found my HG highlighter/luminizer. I originally was searching for creams or liquids since I thought those would impart more of the dewy look I was after.
The lady at Sephora sold me on Benefit's Highbeam last time, and while it's nice, it's not what I was looking for. I found it too subtle.
Browsing the store, I stumbled upon NARS Albatross powder and swatched a sample on the back of my hand. I was blown away! In the pan it looks white, but on the skin it turns this irridescent silvery/gold/pearl/pink color that is beautiful. I then tested it on my face, and was pleased with what I saw.
It catches the light just right and makes you look candlelit.
It gives me the perfect "hollywood glow" without being too sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from my boyfriend. This is then become my HG product! I love the colour and I LOVE how it gives me a radiant and HEALTHY complexion! I have NARS in Super Orgasm, and this highlighters is just good to go! Its also well paired with any kind of blusher or just wear it alone. I get a compliments whenever I've wear it. My secret is no longer my secret!! Repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Ellety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG highlighter! I was like many others that didn't "get" Albatross. Well, outta curiosity on how horrible it was going to swatch on my deep skin, I tested it in Sephora. Needless to say I was shocked the white pan swatched a glorious sheer golden color! Complex color that isn't quite gold or silver. I loved the way it made my skin glow! This highlighter works wonderfully especially when I use my NARS Outlaw blush.

I recc'd to any WOC, you'll love it too!!