Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

4.4

Extra-virgin coconut oil.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair Review: Better than any deep conditioning mask you can buy! Put it on your hair and wait all day to wash out, or sleep with it in (with a plastic cap obviously) and shampoo it out in the morning, makes an amazing difference in your hair and is the BEST oil for hair.

Skin review: Horrible, makes me break out, feels oily and disgusting!

on 5/6/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love coconut oil! It's really a product that you can use everywhere! I use it to remove my makeup, to moisturize my body, to moisturize my face and my lips, to tame fly away hair and to tame split ends.

I also use it for oil pulling, to help with my KP (Keratosis Pilaris) and it's helping. It's not enough, I need to use a BHA too but I think it helps.

on 5/5/2014 8:43:00 AM

Coconut oil is amazing! It can be used for so many things: Dry skin, cleanser, makeup remover, moisturizer, body cream, cooking food, chapped lips and even for growing eyelashes and eyebrows! I remove my mascara with this, it is a much healthier way and prevents my eyelashes falling out, it also lengthens my eyelashes really well! My eyelashes are sooo much longer and curlier now I apply this every night. Another thing is, it really helps dry skin and one tub lasts for ages.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Coconut oil is always in my house since I first discovered it four years ago. I use it for hair, makeup remover, moisturizer for body, targeted wrinkle moisturizer and its a fine replacement for a personal lubricant or a vaginal moisturizer. Due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties I have no misgivings using it for the health of my lady parts. To keep everything top top I apply several times a week before I climb into bed. Used to be my little secret---now you know...lol I also take coconut oil orally to keep infections and yeast overgrowth in my body at bay as well give the metabolism a little boost. I would never be without this as its replaced many products I previously used with something completely natural.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have dry skin, and i do get pimples every now and then. I put this product on as a night time moisturizer. It gets rid of any pimples I have, hydrates my skin, and makes my skin feel very soft.

This product is a freaking miracle.

Just to mention, I do not use this everyday. I use it as a treatment. If i overuse it as a moisturizer, it will clog the pores. Use this product only when needed. Do not put this into your daily skin care routine.

If you follow that last tip, this product will work wonders...unless you have a coconut allergy.

Edit: I'm also putting this in my bathtub for a bath oil. My water is pretty hard on my skin. This oil has become an amazing product for my body.

I have really unrully thick coarse color treated hair.. It needs some serious TLC sometimes. I stumbled upon a cocnut oil mask on youtube one day. I am in LOVE! Just a little extra virgin cocnut oil and rosemary oil slather it all over your hair paying close attention to the ends.. Only a little it needed on the roots.. Leave it in for a few hours and wash out... OMG.. My hair has never felt so soft and silky. This stuff is a miracle. After reading some of these reviews I am definitely going to try out some of the other uses... Great multi use product.. I'll always have some of this around.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Trader Joe's and I transferred some product into an empty jar I had laying around. I use a little spatula to dispense the product, which I use to remove eye makeup.

This does a phenomenal job of removing my waterproof eyeliner, waterproof mascara, every spec of shadow and glitter, and even matte lipsticks! Nothing else works better. I've tried a lot of makeup removers, probably every brand they have at Target and even tried some of the more expensive ones and nothing holds a candle to coconut oil. I used to use olive oil but it stung my eyes, this does not!

I personally have not experienced any breakouts from coconut oil. I love this and don't know what else I'd use to remove makeup.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

i had used coconut oil for eye makeup remove and body at night for winter months and always for lip scrubs with sugar as I had longer lashes and been told if there fake and there mines. if you suffer with dry skin use it for eyes and lips but do not remove makeup it makes it breakout as I tried it and notice is not for everybody.

on 4/18/2014 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love coconut oil, just not on my face. If you have acne keep coconut oil off your face. Eating it does help keep skin clear though, as it has highly antimicrobial properties. I used to put coconut oil on just the ends of my hair, it was a great conditioner, unfortunately it was the culprit behind flareups allong my jawline and neck. I now remove my makep with sunflower oil with 0 breakouts:) Coconut oil is listed as highly comedogenic, it is a solid, it will continue being a solid in your pores and clog them. It does feel soo good when it mels on your skin, but your skin is not always warm ie, your face on a cold day, or after washing face with cold water, so clogs will happen with coconut oil.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

It Helps clear up acne: One night after using it to take off my eye make-up I decided to use it as an all over face make-up remover... then decided my face felt so good I didn't want to use anything else (hint: leave the coconut oil on your face for a minute and then get your water and washcloth really really hot to wipe it all away). I googled to see if this was okay to do and it turns out coconut oil can help get rid of acne! See more here : http://antiskinproblems.com/wonders-of-coconut-oil-for-acne/ continued >>

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products