April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I bought this to moisterise my super dry, eczema skin and I do like it although I need to add additional moisteriser on the areas that are really dry to lock it in. It absorbs surprisingly quickly and it smells absolutely delicious. I have never used it for anything but my body and I would probably not use it for my face because I have sensitive and acne prone skin. Although it is no miracle worker, I would purchase again because it feels a lot nicer than heavy, thick moisturisers like Sorbolene which sits on the skin and feels unpleasant.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by montana9

I bought this product after i read so many positive reviews BUT i can't say i loved it. It is like every other type of oil, it's not easily absorbed, the skin remains oily. I have to say the next day my skin was very soft, but the same effect can be achieved with olive oil, wich is cheaper. I tried to put a small amount on my face overnight, and it made me break out, so for the face is definitely a no no! I used it also as a mask for my hear, but no improvements or changes happened. I would prefer this to a regular body cream just because it's 100% natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use a tiny bit of this on my hair and body but on my face? No way. It's occlusive ladies and gents. It's great stuff (smells wonderful) but it's no damn miracle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Mayayoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin and make home remedies instead of buying. Coconut oil works a treat to balance natural oils instead of striping them. Try combining the oil with jojoba oil, castor oil and tea-tree or pink grapefruit extract for a good acne moisturiser. It can leave you with some white heads or dry skin depending on what your skins like. I'd recommend trying it for 1-2 weeks by its self and if your impressed make your own recipe!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

You got to buy 1. organic 2. cold pressed 3. extra virgin to see any results. Otherwise I use this head to toe. It's great for the breasts too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by pinkstrawberii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin and was recommended coconut oil by a friend of mine who used it as a cleanser and got great results. It worked well for the first 2 days then it started drying out my skin like crazy as well as make my skin blotchy & a few white heads were appearing. I thought maybe my skin was going through a transition period so I stuck it out for approximately a week and a half more. My skin was even worse than ever!! Had to stop and it took WEEKS for my skin to heal from the damage. :(
However, I still use coconut oil as a body moisturizer! I just slather it on after a shower and it leaves me skin feeling SO smooth and not irritated (have eczema). It absorbs fairly quickly too and doesn't leave my skin feeling heavy and gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by thisisnothollywood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried this on my dry skin, I have blackheads and whiteheads and can get zits...it was waaaaaay too oily for my skin and broke me out... UGH.
Would be good though for hands body etc but it is hard to scrape it out of the tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

Since there are three coconut oil review boards, I'll start with this: all the coconut oil I use is cold pressed, unrefined, extra virgin organic coconut oil. And I use it for my hair! My fine, easily damaged hair... and let me say, coconut oil works wonders for hair. I coat my hair in it every night, root to tip, and it feels so much softer and looks healthy/shiny when I wash it all out. You won't find a better deep conditioner than this, and it's unquestionably good for your hair. Coconut oil is one of the only oils proven to actually penetrate the hair shaft. When I use it, I coat my hands in oil and make sure to cover my hair with it- starting at the ends, and concentrating most of it there. Once I'm sure every strand is covered, I lay a small towel/sheet over my pillow and keep the oil on overnight (if you have longer hair, you may want to braid it). I don't only use it at night, though- I've also used it to protect my hair during swim practices, at the waterpark, on vacation (lots of UV ray exposure), and even at school... Although many people will attest to coconut oil's benefits for skin and acne, I actually find that it always causes acne at the hairline on my forehead, temples, etc. I don't mind much because acne at the hairline is hardly visible, but it is annoying and can be painful.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by alisonst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so I have determined that my body just does not like coconut oil. at. all. I can say that without a doubt coconut oil gave me the worst hair day of my life. My hair looked like it was soaking in oil all day, my roommate was actually confused as to why my hair was not drying after the shower I pretended I had just taken out of embarrassment. I tried it a few times because I`m not about to just give up and each time it was just terrible. I tried it on my skin also with bad results. It just never sunk in! I tried on my feet, elbows, everywhere, it just sat on my skin until it smeared off on my clothes.

I`m super glad this works for so many people and I wanted to love it so badly but I just can`t! Other products that contain coconut oil also do not work for me, same results, so I`m just going to stay away from it from now on. If anyone else is in this boat with me I would recommend trying shea butter!! It is a life saver for me, I love it and all products that are based on it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love coconut oil! I have sensitive- eczema skin and it DID break me out for like a week but for some odd reason it didn't click to myself that it was this that caused it, LOL. I wasn't using anything else either, just this. So I just kept on keeping on with it and my skin got used to it.
Oh my gosh please whatever you do, if you shave with coconut oil, please do a small patch test somewhere. I broke out into hives all over my legs it was scary and painful and burned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No