December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ara133

Not a very interesting vanilla, in my opinion. Definitely not a foody scent - a little more grown-up, but also quite boring. In the bottle it smells really really good and there's a slightly sharp note, but as soon as it's applied that bit of interest immediately disappears, to leave a very dull slight vanilla fragrance. I wanted to find a nice non-foody vanilla but this is not it, I actually ended up layering this with a CSP after a while to liven it up. Will not purchase larger bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2004 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Maximina

Very smokey and spicy indeed although I can smell the vanilla note well enough. I know it is one you should play with as it grows on you - it does grow on me the more I sniff it - but I really did not want my coworkers to think I lived in an ashtray. There is nothing girly about this one. I would feel tough if I wore it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2004 11:14:00 PM More reviews by aromadiva

I don't get the references to smoke at all. I just don't smell smoke in this vanilla and I hate cigarette smoke about as bad as anything, but I do like this vanilla. It is definitely not sweet. It is dry and refined and a bit spicy, much more sophisticated than most vanillas with the exception of SL's un Bois Vanille which is my all time favorite vanilla.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2004 9:28:00 PM More reviews by earl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Vanilia is my newest conqest, and I love it! I would have gave it 5 lippies overall rating, but for what I paid, it doesn't last long at all on me, this is the edt. It's not a sugary or woody vanilla, but vanilla with a "edge" of smoke or incense that distinguishes it from all the straight vanilla scents. On the first spray, I was very skeptical and thought I had made a mistake. But, after a while, it settled down to a very exotic, lovely scent. Give it some time when first trying. Definitely a keeper even if I have to respray often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 9:24:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This vanilla lover loves this L'Artisan. I love the sensual scent of the vanilla flower and vanilla bean. A slight oriental vanilla, the smokiness enraptures and conjures images of winter snow and chimney smoke in a dense pine forest, as well as breezy nights on the streets of Monte Carlo at the height of summer. It is truly a delight in perfume form with vanilla flower, vanilla bean, amber, and spices. The most perfect vanilla in a sophisticated way. Less woody than SL Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, this is sweet, yet smoky in a vanilla and fresh tobacco leaves sort of way. Calming and soothing, this scent is one of the most beautiful vanillas available. Different from any other vanillas I've tried, and I'm a vanillaholic. I first thought this was way too smokey until just two minutes later, when I felt like I was floating on a cloud of vanilla creme brulee. Delicious, but not foody, and so elegant, of course, from this Parisian perfume innovation powerhouse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccajw

Like all L'Artisan fragrances, Vanilia is complex and interesting. It definitely is not a typical sugary sweet vanilla. It is a deep, sophisticated vanilla, more smoky and incensey than sweet. I do get the vanilla bean scent if I put my nose directly onto my skin, but most of what I smell is the smokiness and incense. It's a pleasant fragrance, and well-developed like all L'Artisans. UPDATE: It takes a little getting used to, because it's not the sweety-sweet vanilla that's so popular, but this scent has really grown on me. It's such a sensous, deep vanilla, and has its own brand of sweetness in the drydown. A really comforting scent, and one that I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 6:54:00 AM More reviews by nelci1

This is one of my faves vanilla scents, and pretty similar to "Fleur des Comores", by Maître Parfumeur and Gantier. It's not sickly sweet as Comptoir Sud Pacifique or Molinard vanillas, or cedary and masculine as Fragonard's Vanilla. It's just elegant and perfect(with a better staying power than most L'Artisan's fragrances).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by NancyT

This is a vaguely spicy vanilla that fades away into nothingness in 2 hours flat. I wish I had more good to say about this, but I can't even remember what it smells like even though I just put it on 3-4 hours ago. It's just....gone. There are much better vanillas out there, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2004 8:27:00 AM More reviews by OhIamsooopretty

Vanilia is a lovely fragrance I like to wear these days!
I'm not sure it could be my signature fragrance.
I think it's quite a complex scent with simple final effect.
I can clearly detect the vanilla and some nice smokiness - like sweet pipe tobacco - not annoying at all. I can also smell the flowers, very nice!
It's a sweet fragrance, quite strong, even if not so far-range diffusing around you, like many other natural stuff perfumes, still it's not cloying at all unless you wear tons of it in hot weather!
The especially good thing about Vanilia is that you can enjoy a nice vanilla fragrance without that foody/vanillic/plastic horrible smell so typical in vanilla synthetic fragrances that make me very nervous!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2004 8:23:00 AM More reviews by perfumeslut

Did not care for this ashy smoky vanilla fragrance. To me it does not constitute the makeup of a true vanilla. For a slightly less smoky vanilla I much prefer Molinards Le Senteur Vanilla which is a little softer and spicier. The bottle is beautiful as are all the bottles in this line but we do not buy a fragrance for the packaging alone!