October 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This covered my acne/acne marks really well but was very drying around my eye area. Had to quite using it entirely when my under eyes and lids started flaking and became sensitive. Never had this problem before with products. I'd use it for blemishes only and stick to Touche Eclat for the under eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Megann123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had really high hopes for this concealer after seeing so many good reviews about it. After using it i was left feeling slightly disappointed. I have very dark circles an need a lot of concealer to cover them up. But after using a small amount it looked cakey and made any fine lines under my eyes stand out. The coverage is okay. I was still left with quite noticeable circles under my eyes and, it only lasted a few hours. However, i found this covered up my blemishes perfectly and looked very natural. But again it only lasted a few hours. So i wouldn't recommend this for under eye circles, only for blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by NatalieMae89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite spot concealer. Amazing texture blends seamlessly with your skin, so it doesn't appear cakey. You can layer this as much as you like to achieve the perfect amount of coverage. The packaging is my favorite part, because once you think you've squeezed all you can out, you can just snip off the plastic end and dig whatever else you need out. Packaging is my largest pet peeve when I feel I am being ripped off - because I can't even reach the last 1/3 of the product left over. With this packaging you get every last ounce! It's $18.50, which is reasonable considering the quality and longevity of the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

This concealer doesn't work for me. It doesn't blend well and looks cakey no matter how much i try to blend it and how I apply it. I used my fingers, different brushes and sponges and nothing seems to work.

It has a medium to full coverage but since I have combination skin. So my T-zone gets really oily and the concealer comes off easily and where I have dry areas on my face the concealer it makes my dry patches look more prominent.

I won't purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by crsiqueira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good concealer and it blends okay on my skin. I sometimes use it alone without foundation or powder. However this concealer feels heavy on my the skin. A good thing about this mac product is that it comes off easily with soapy water or makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by wildingellie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in an NC23 (I am an NC25 in foundation). I bought this to mainly cover blemishes and spots/acne but I didn't really take a look at the actual packaging until after I bought it - I really don't like the tube - I would much prefer a wand to apply it but oh well. The actual concealer has great coverage and applies nicely and smoothly, even on my horrible dry skin. It is quite thick though. Personally I wouldn't buy again but I would recommend to someone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This MAC concealer is amazing. It is the first concealer I've ever had by MAC. I own two NC20s and one NW20.
I love the texture and how easy it is to blend this into the skin. It is also very moisturizing- and the best part, it does NOT crease throughout the day. I would reccommend this concealer because you get a good amount of product for $18. The other concealers by MAC, you get less product but still pay the same price. So, this concealer will last you a bit longer. The coverage, personally I find it medium to full. The finish looks like skin, not too matte, nor too glowy- I love it.
I actually don't really mind the squeeze-tube, it's quite convienent if you're a makeup artist- you're not gonna contaminate the product with bacteria or whatnot.
Overall, I would definitely buy this product again, and I would reccomend it to any skintype. The only thing that I think most people complain about this product is the fact that it is not FULL coverage like other concealer by MAC such as Studio Finish concealer or Studio Sculpt concealer.
Anywho. You'll probably love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by miamsg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to MAC to get pro-longwear concealer for my under eye circles but the MAC lady convinced me this was the better choice. I am not happy with it. Yes it does look natural, and I was correctly colour-matched, but it doesn't cover ANYTHING It has no pigment this thing! Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in NW20 and it's the best concealer out there. I only use it to cover the occasional pimple and it works really well for that. I don't have dark circles, I actually have the opposite problem--white ones! Weird, I know!!! So I don't need it for that but it covers zits very well. I just had to throw mine out (had it for years) because it was separating in the tube so time for a new one! MAC really does have the best color matching too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This might sound cliche from someone reviewing concealers but here goes: I suffer from dark circles and this is one that helps reduce that problem if I'm in a rush to do my makeup. I don't wear foundation anymore but concealer is definitely a staple considering my situation. It stays the whole day but it creases on me. I'd say the coverage is medium to buildable full coverage which is mediocre considering this ought to be a concealer thus it also ought to be full coverage. I also like that it's small enough to carry with you in your clutch. I keep two of these in my bag (I have one that stays permanently in my purse the other I tend to grab from my desk and bring with me when I'm rushing. Don't think you're being skimped on product. A little goes a long way. Coming from someone who uses only concealer, half a pea size amount is enough to cover my eyes and lids, around my nose and mouth and in between my brows to add brightness. A decent concealer but I'm still on the lookout for the best one for me.

UPDATE:
I added another lippie because I tried different methods of applying this and found one that doesn't lose its coverage and at the same time prevents creasing. I pat this on my dark circles and blemishes with my finger to distribute and warm up the product and use the shiseido perfect foundation brush to pat and blend it in place. It looks absolutely amazing on when I use this method, undetectable and flawless. This has easily become my HG concealer/foundation. Will repurchase and buy more backups soon.
PS. A dot of this mixed in with your moisturizer makes an excellent tinted moisturizer!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No