C.O. Bigelow Mentha Cinnamint Lip Shine

4.6

OMG I'M IN LOVE!!! I bought a few of these for my mother, sister-in-law, and myself as stocking stuffers. But, I just couldn't wait to try mine, so I opened it a couple days ago and was SOOO surprised! I thought this was just gonna be another overrated, overpriced gloss. I was soo wrong! The taste is divine! In every other "flavored" lipgloss I've tried, the "makeup" taste was lingering in the background...not in this gloss...all flavor! It also smells sweet and cinnamony. It gives lips a slight tingle...which is a good thing because it plumps them a little! And it glides on smooth, not thick or sticky. I will definitely be buying more!

on 10/30/2007 3:20:00 PM

I don't like the ingredient 'Petrolatum' in lip products that are meant to moisturize. All this does it sit on the top of my lips and feel gunky and never soak in. My lips actually get kind of chunky from it and they feel sticky. That being said, this stuff has a great refreshing 'cinnamint' tingle. Since I love lip balms with a minty zing to them, I use this one quite often. The formula goes on very smoothly, makes my lips look really nice, soft and shiny yet natural. This really does nothing by way of actually moisturizing my lips when they are chapped and need it, and I have to be careful not to layer too much on or my lips will feel gunky and suffocated. It's kind of like a thick syrupy consistency. I still like the way it feels when just the right amount is applied. I would probably re-purchase, but perhaps next time I'll try out some different formulas by CO Bigelow just for fun.

on 10/28/2007 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I looooooooove this! More than the original minty flavor. What I love best about it is that it doesn't smell or taste like cinnamon at all, but better. I haaate cinnamon smells so when I was at bath & body works and smelling all the lip glosses, I almost didn't even bother with this one. But I decided to anyway and was pleasantly suprised when it smelled nothing like the cinnamon gum scent I was expecting. It smells more like.... I don't even know how to describe it! But it's now one of my favorites!

on 9/15/2007 8:11:00 PM

After reading all the good reviews on this lip gloss, I have been convinced to give it a try. Boy am I glad I listened to you guys! This lip shine is almost perfecto. I love the cooling sensation on my lips. Now, I don't normally lick my lips with lip gloss on, but when some accidentally got into my mouth, I noticed how good it taste. That gave me a good enough reason to lick my lips. I wouldn't say it works well as a breath freshner, but I didn't get it for that reason anyway. It's not sticky but it's thick enough to stay in place. It gives my lips a nice healthy glow. The smell is a little strong to me, which I love, especially with this gloss. I hope they never discontinue this particular flavor. I will defintely repurchase this in a heart beat. I can't wait to get some of the other flavors. This is great!

on 7/13/2007 12:44:00 PM

I guess I'm in the minority here. I thought this stuff was heavy and sticky and GROSS. And sweetened. Everything I ate had a horrible sickly-sweet aftertaste to it. Ugh. I'm a lip gloss junkie, but I used this once and tossed it out- I just couldn't stand it.

I love this product and out of all the mentha lip shine line cinnamint is by far my favourite. It provdies lovely shine and makes your lips feel amazing. It tastes awesome, this is also my boyfriends favourite lipgloss of mine to date. The only thing I don't like about this but this goes for most lipglosses is that on a windy day expect your hair to get stuck to your face.

on 7/1/2007 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Cinnamint was my first and FAVORITE tube lip gloss to date.

Yes, I strayed away from my childish Lip Smackers and came across this hot pink tube at BBW. The color of the tube really attracts the eye..cause it's PINK. Bright pink at that.

So, I was really worried that this would be nasty lip gloss like all the other cheap kinds I've used before, but it wasn't like that at all. It tasted GREAT and I had to restrain myself from licking it all off. The cinnamon mint really tingled my lips and it also evened out my lips texture. Once it was all gone, it left my lips smooth and healthy feeling.

I just sorta wish it weren't so sticky because I have the tendency to get hair all over my face and it sticks to my lips whenever I use it.

Repurchase. Fo'sho. :3

OH. And the reason why it's a 2 is because I got it on sale for 2 dollars. Cheap right? For something I'll be using every day.

on 4/15/2007 4:37:00 PM

I love the mentha lip shine, and this one is great as well. It has the same texture--sticky enough to stay put but with enough slip to not feel like I have glue on my lips. It's clear so I like to layer it over lipsticks, but it can obviously be worn on its own. It has a sweet cinnamon taste, not spicy like Duwop glosses. It comes in a squeeze tube. It normally retails at $7.50, but Bath and Body Works always has a deal where you can get 3 mentha lip shines for $5, so I like to take advantage of that. This is a great alternative to the regular mentha lip shine if you're not a big fan of peppermint.

on 4/3/2007 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I received this as a Christmas gift, along with the Philosophy Gingerbread Man, Milk Man, and Ice Cream Man lip gloss set. I liked the Cinnamint Mentha Lip Shine much better. I didn't think I would be a fan of the cinnamon smell, but I liked this product. It feels cool on the lips and has a nice invigorating scent - more mint than cinnamon. Less sticky than the Philosophy glosses.

on 3/24/2007 12:19:00 PM

i love this suff it have a good shine the only thing i have bad to say about it is that it smells nothing like cinnamon

Popular Lip Glosses