October 24, 2014 | 1697 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Bent Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by cowboymommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looked great the first couple of weeks but became a giant clumpy mess after that. I can't even hardly get the wand out of the tube without giant clumps everywhere. And trying to apply to my lashes is not easy when dealing with the clumps. Not a favorite. Won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Jeslynn

I would love to be able to give this mascara a good review, but after using it for a week, I simply can not. The first time I used it, I loved it. My eyes looked big and it went on smoothly. After using it for awhile, I noticed it started to clump on my brush. The last few times I used it, my eyelashes all stuck together. It was awful! I'm always careful about not pumping air in the tube and try all the tricks in the book that I know to try to help, but nothing has worked. This mascara is just not worth it. I wish it still worked like the first time.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The MUA at BeneFit described this mascara as a "push up bra" for lashes and that is the most accurate description I can think of. I love how this mascara completely eliminates my need for an eyelash curler, which makes my travel makeup up bag alot less cumbersome! I have long lashes that tend to droop when I use heavier and particularly thickening formulas, but this one really holds them up and breaks the stereotype. Plus I really like the thick, lush results! The wand really helps out since it is bent at a somewhat obtuse angle so you can really push your lashes up with it. No smudges, even on my lower lashes. Great stuff!
    EDIT: I got intense smudging when I used eye cream on the bags under my eyes and also when I used my Prescriptives Flawless Skins foundation. Too bad because it is such a good mascara otherwise but smudging is a deal-breaker! Disappointing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by brunettecouture

This mascara was so hyped that I imagined being transformed into a red carpet beauty with dazzling lashes right there at the Benefit counter in the middle of a bustling department store.
    I purchased it, and my first use was great! However, the brush isnt as thick as I would have liked (bad gal stylee) and I found it clumps SO easily, my brush was covered in goop all the way down, and I actually ended up in quite a mess. I use it now and again, but I doubt I'd re-purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by nostephot

This is one of the best mascaras I have used. The curved brush is wonderful and the mascara itself is thick but does not clump too much and make my eyes look large but not overdone! I have had a hard time finding a better mascara at any price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Dillinger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definately one of the best mascaras Ive tried for a long time. I had the bad gal lash but found that didnt do anything for me at all unless I wore about 3 coats of it or applied over a different mascara. This one looks brilliant straight away - one coat is perfectly adequate, two looks amazing, just exactly what I want.

Im not blessed with long, thick eyelashes but this mascara makes me feel so much better! Ive tried a couple of clinique ones, a chanel and a lancome and Id go for this one over them every time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by MARCYP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I TEND TO FIND THAT MASCARAS WITH A BENT BRUSH WORK BEST FOR ME. THE BENT BRUSH ALLOWS ME TO GET EVERY SINGLE LASH COATED WITH MASCARA WITHOUT ALL OF THE CLUMPING. IT ALSO ALLOWS MY LASHES TO FAN OUT ON THE ENDS, I LOVE HOW IT MAKES MY EYE LASHES LOOK. OFTEN, A LOT OF MY FRIENDS WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF MASCARA I USE & WHERE I GET IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ErinShepard

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on the hunt for the perfect mascara since not only do I have short, straight eyelashes but I'm VERY sensitive and get itchy, irritated eyes from most mascaras.

I really like the formula of Get Bent - it does make an extremely noticeable difference in both lengthening and adding volume to my lashes. It stays put all day and does not flake at all.

However, I do find that it does irritate my eyes a bit, but I think that this is due to its tendency to form clumps. I've read thighhighboots' review and will try the tips for applying tomorrow and will see how it goes.

That said, and as toochinese4you pointed out, it does have a very sticky formula, which means that there is too much product on the brush and the excess goes on top of the rim when you replace the brush so it is a very delicate process getting it in and out of the bottle.

Update: I spent more time removing excess product from the applicator this morning and used an eyelash comb (purchased just for this purpose - pushing the price up even more) and that really did help - no itchy eyes today.

However, I have also noticed that the lengthening effect wears off by late afternoon but that my lashes are still coated with the stuff so I can't do a touch up.

Will finish but will also keep looking for a perfect mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this not really expecting much, but was plesantly surprised. Get Bent is a fairly basic black mascara, but it volumizes and lengthens well. I think the concept is a little gimmick-y--after all you can bend the end of any mascara wand--but it's a good product so I'm not complaining.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by thighhighboots

I love this mascara. Like another reviewer said, I think you have to know how to properly use it to get good results. First off, if you look at the brush and see a lot of extra mascara or 'clumps' wipe them off! It's super simple to do, just wipe the excess off before applying it. Otherwise, all that excess turns into clump. Secondly, wiggle the brush back and forth while applying. Third, use a lash brush! These tools are your friend. When I first used this mascara, it was a bit clumpy. But, once I realized how to properly use it, I never turned back. This gives amazing curl--easily the best curling mascara I've ever used. It can also be used on top of other mascaras--lightly and carefully, of course--to add curl. I've never had this mascara flake off or smudge, and I use tons of this stuff on my lashes--think 4 coats. If you can get the technique down for thsi mascara, it is worth every penny.