October 23, 2014 | 852 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For those who are giving it low reviews, but have combo or oily skin--well no shit! this isn't made for you! it says "very dry flaky skin" right on the bottle. You're supposed to use products appropriate to your skin type, is that difficult to comprehend?

That being said, it smells like glue, and it most definitely does NOT work as well as the creme version.

I paid $12.99 for a 16.9 oz. pump bottle from Duane Reade.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by NoelleBat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lotion is a bit greasy and it has the consistency of Elmer's glue...
But besides that it works great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good moisturizing benefits. Takes a minute to sink in. It feels good everywhere on my body except my hands. My hands are dry and cracked (I train horses, clean stalls, etc and my hands are always bleeding and cracked) When I put this on my legs or arms they stay moisturized, but for some reason this disappears from my hands and doesn't seem to want to help them! Maybe my hands are a lost cause and this lotion knows that...:}

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BODY CARE MOISTURIZER EVER!!!!!!!!!! I have severely dry skin on my body (combination/dry on my face: I use the Almay cucumber line for the face). I love this lotion deeply moisturizes, hydrates, and heals my skin while refraining from being oily or greasy. This lotion also is very fast-absorbing too which is another big plus so it won't get stuck in your hair or your clothes. This also has mild,gentle, and effective exfoliating ingredients too. My skin is soft,smooth, and glowing thanks to this product. It really is the best body moisturizer out there for me. I've tried many. Neutrogena (good, but not quite thick enough or as fast ab-sorbing as I would have liked), Jergens (didn't sink in at all and hated the smell), Aveeno (too thin and watery, virtually ineffective for me), Curel (too runny), Lubriderm (simply did nothing), and Nivea Creme (too thick and pasty didn't sink in at all and didn't like the tub packaging, very unsanitary. This is just a bit pricier than most other drugstore skincare lines, but for this miracle product I'm more than willing to pay it. It's not that mach more expensive, you know. Also my sister has dryness and redness on both her face and body and swears by Eucerin and the occassional Aveeno product

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2007 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Jennifer36j

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the lotion in the hope that the AHA would help with ingrown hairs on my legs. It is super thick and doesn't spread very easily. Usually, two pumps are plenty for one leg, but I needed 4 or 5 of this. Plus, it had this sticky quality that was really unappealing. It sat on top of my skin and just felt sticky. It was moisturizing, and did good things for my heels, but that;s about it. Honestly, I can't even say whether this worked to prevent ingrowns, becuase It was too unpleasant to use every day, and I just gave up on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

This is a good product for those with dry, cracked skin. My dad uses this on his face and hands every day, and when I was visiting my parents this weekend, I used it on my hands. Since moving to Arizona, my hands have been very dry, unless I saturate in lotions and creams all day long. If I forget to apply lotion after a hand washing, oh boy.. But this stuff kept my hands smooth and turned them back to normal! It contains AHA's, so I wouldn't use it throughout the day, but just at night before bed. It's not that thick to me (as I'm used to using creams and butters), and it spreads quite easily in my opinion. It does make your hands super shiny (like you've applied baby oil), but it isn't as greasy. It takes about ten minutes to fully sink in, but it's very worth the effects! Has no scent either. Overall, a good lotion to have in the house.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2007 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ObVusChild

I agree with the other reviews-- this isn't good for an everyday lotion. So many products say "intensive" that I just assumed it was standard lotion, but this is, indeed, intensive and takes forever to absorb. One of the other reviewers also noted that it leaves a weird texture on your palms, and it's been frustrating to me to have to wash it off. I bought this primarily to do my legs every day, but I can't imagine using it on your hands if you had to wash it off your palms immediately. I'm really sorry I didn't read the reviews before I bought this, because it wasn't at all what I expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Lotus2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this product during my long hunt for a decently priced drugstore brand lotion to use for KP (I've got it on upper arms & thighs). I think this is a pretty good product, but I have to agree with other reviewers that the consistency sucks because it's so thick. But, I figured out a few tricks for applying the lotion that solve the consistency issue. First, I recommend taking the lotion bottle into the shower (you don't have to run it under the water, just set it in a shower caddy or on a shelf in the shower). The heat from the shower warms up the lotion and makes it spreadable. Second, use the lotion immediately after you finish your shower while your skin is damp/wet, which helps with the absorption of the lotion and helps eliminate any greasiness. Overall, this is a good product. It has helped clear up my KP (it's not gone, but it's the best product I've used) for a decent price. I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good product for those with sensitive skin. Got rid of the KP on my upper arms, and it has no fragrance.

I took off one lippy for the texture (reminded me of white glue) and how long it takes to rub in and be absorbed. Otherwise, great value, and it does what it promises.

Edit: I wouldn't repurchase, not because this is a bad product, but because Curel (the anti itch formula) is even better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

I am very happy with this so far. Bought this for the KP on my thighs. I like that it is rich and has no fragrance. Takes a little while to sink in, but not a huge problem for me. I've read on some medical sites that KP is a combination of dry skin *and* abnormal keratinization, so it is important to use rich moisturizers plus exfoliators to treat it. I am hoping this lotion will do the trick. Will update soon.