July 28, 2014 | 2015 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2007 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Jennifer36j

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the lotion in the hope that the AHA would help with ingrown hairs on my legs. It is super thick and doesn't spread very easily. Usually, two pumps are plenty for one leg, but I needed 4 or 5 of this. Plus, it had this sticky quality that was really unappealing. It sat on top of my skin and just felt sticky. It was moisturizing, and did good things for my heels, but that;s about it. Honestly, I can't even say whether this worked to prevent ingrowns, becuase It was too unpleasant to use every day, and I just gave up on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

This is a good product for those with dry, cracked skin. My dad uses this on his face and hands every day, and when I was visiting my parents this weekend, I used it on my hands. Since moving to Arizona, my hands have been very dry, unless I saturate in lotions and creams all day long. If I forget to apply lotion after a hand washing, oh boy.. But this stuff kept my hands smooth and turned them back to normal! It contains AHA's, so I wouldn't use it throughout the day, but just at night before bed. It's not that thick to me (as I'm used to using creams and butters), and it spreads quite easily in my opinion. It does make your hands super shiny (like you've applied baby oil), but it isn't as greasy. It takes about ten minutes to fully sink in, but it's very worth the effects! Has no scent either. Overall, a good lotion to have in the house.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2007 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ObVusChild

I agree with the other reviews-- this isn't good for an everyday lotion. So many products say "intensive" that I just assumed it was standard lotion, but this is, indeed, intensive and takes forever to absorb. One of the other reviewers also noted that it leaves a weird texture on your palms, and it's been frustrating to me to have to wash it off. I bought this primarily to do my legs every day, but I can't imagine using it on your hands if you had to wash it off your palms immediately. I'm really sorry I didn't read the reviews before I bought this, because it wasn't at all what I expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Lotus2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this product during my long hunt for a decently priced drugstore brand lotion to use for KP (I've got it on upper arms & thighs). I think this is a pretty good product, but I have to agree with other reviewers that the consistency sucks because it's so thick. But, I figured out a few tricks for applying the lotion that solve the consistency issue. First, I recommend taking the lotion bottle into the shower (you don't have to run it under the water, just set it in a shower caddy or on a shelf in the shower). The heat from the shower warms up the lotion and makes it spreadable. Second, use the lotion immediately after you finish your shower while your skin is damp/wet, which helps with the absorption of the lotion and helps eliminate any greasiness. Overall, this is a good product. It has helped clear up my KP (it's not gone, but it's the best product I've used) for a decent price. I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good product for those with sensitive skin. Got rid of the KP on my upper arms, and it has no fragrance.

I took off one lippy for the texture (reminded me of white glue) and how long it takes to rub in and be absorbed. Otherwise, great value, and it does what it promises.

Edit: I wouldn't repurchase, not because this is a bad product, but because Curel (the anti itch formula) is even better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

I am very happy with this so far. Bought this for the KP on my thighs. I like that it is rich and has no fragrance. Takes a little while to sink in, but not a huge problem for me. I've read on some medical sites that KP is a combination of dry skin *and* abnormal keratinization, so it is important to use rich moisturizers plus exfoliators to treat it. I am hoping this lotion will do the trick. Will update soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2007 8:19:00 AM More reviews by amsagg

This was bought for severly dry, cracked terrible hands! I have to say overall the best Ive used and also used it on dermatitis on my arms (pregnancy). This lotion does take a few to soak in and the only thing I found really unpleasant about it was the filmy feeling left on my palms but goes away if you just wash your palms. If you overuse it you will feel like an oil slick but the next day my hands went from a huge hurting mess to 95% better and looking nice and normal overnight really. I think moderation is key and to only use it on your severly dry areas, if you use it for anything else you may be using the wrong lotion. Its exactly what it say's intensive! I thought the packaging was great pump style and plastic fine with me, and the price well....I could care less for how my hands are thankful, in water alot, great for a mom or someone who is constantly exposing thier hands to drying elements cold weather, and water.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MC_Pee_Pants

This stuff is greasy! I think it works great, but I want to avoid appearing as though I've been dipped in baby oil.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

While this lotion was better than the Eucerin Original Moisturizing Lotion and Creme, this lotion was still pretty insufficent. It was oily on my hands for a long time. And then it wasn't all that hydrating so my hands were still rough, cracked, and scaly after the oily appearance faded. Not worth the $7/8oz.

Water, Mineral Oil, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Isohexadecane, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Microcrystalline Wax, Magnesium Sulfate, Lanolin Alcohol, Bisabolol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by joners

I love this! I use the unscented lotion and I use it all over, even on my face. In fact, after applying at bedtime, my skin is still moist in the morning. It is good stuff for using overnight, as it really has time to soften. Great for dry skin. Yes, it does feel a little greasy, but it works!