August 1, 2014 | 1271 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by chrissyp85

I have used this product for months now. My eyes are naturally watery, so I was surprised when I used this product. It actually stayed onto my inner lash line, and did not run or glide into my eye. Its very easy to put on, especially with the angled eyeliner brush. Great product stays put, and as long as you close the lid really tight this product will last forever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by wheelchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used wet-liners only before this fantastic invention hit my brain. I love wet-liner look due to the dramatic effect. When I bought this it was because of two things:

- Smashbox is PETA proof which means the world to me

- Because I needed a waterproof alternative.

I asked the SA if it would give a "wet-look" result, she promised and therefore I bought it along with a brush.

The way it glides on keeps you in control at all time, no mess. It is very easy to apply and I recommend this with all my heart if you want a great result. It stays on during very heavy Norwegian weather - remember to use a good make-up remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by brittanyhocake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Goes on smooth, stays on all day! I haven't tried many other cream eyeliners.. but I love this one. I don't try to put it in my waterlines...I just don't think it's a good idea to put a cream or liquid into your waterlines. But I love it! It's pricey but it lasts FOREVER.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by nonnen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, the same review for jetset in black as for the brown one. I want to love it! I love the look, on the waterline, but it doesn't stay put and ends up deposited in the corners of my eye. Get the angled brush though, highly recommend the brush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh the bittersweet love I have with this product. Jet set was my first water proof eye liner. I like the way it applies, I like to use an angled brush with it, a bent brush and a regular liner brush. The texture is creamy when new. However, jet set (all colors) dry out so quickly. Yes, you can add eye drops to it, but it's just not the same. After 2-3 months of using this it's dry and crusty, even if it is scraped. I like the pot but the product is so volatile it's not worth getting in my opinion. On a side note, I have tried the Studio Gear gel liner in onyx from Ulta as an alternative to this product. Studio Gear gel liners out perform smashbox at a fraction of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first eyeliner in a "pot".

I've tried really hard to like this product, I've given it so many goes but I've given up.

It seems to "drag" and leave deposits of colour just like a pencil - which is why I gave pencils up.The eyeliner seems dry & flakey - as I try to line my eyes I get little flecks in my eyes that sting. Only once or twice have I lined a perfect line & I thought it was because I was an amateur.

So I thought it might have been the brush I was using. I bought 2 new eyeliner brushes & still the same result.

I won't be buying this again. So again, I am on the hunt for the perfect eyeliner to give me the perfect line I am after.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Kathryn89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel eyeliner. I bought a set on QVC which included the black and brown gel eyeliner and the bent eyeliner brush. I like the color of the brown gel eyeliner better than the black, because the color black was just too harsh on me. With that said, I've been using the black one more often just because it goes on more smoothly. The brown gel eyeliner was too dry and clumps easily. Now that I've had these for awhile, the black one is starting to get a little dry too and I haven't even gone through half of it yet. I'm going to try Bobbie Brown's gel eyeliner next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this hard to use. The formula smeared easily and I had to re-apply a few times to get a true black line. Any mistakes, the liner is waterproof, so it was hard to correct. I was using this with the Smashbox #21 brush, but it didn't work very well. Both products were returned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I found this to be much better at lining the waterline than Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero. It is waterproof and does not smudge. It lasts for as long as I want it to. I would buy it again but don't think I need to anytime soon. The pot lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ladyvic75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, first the size. The packaging is really small and cute, unlike MAC's and B.Brown's. The amount of product is actually more that the other two (0.1 oz for MAC and BB, and 0.12 oz for Smashbox)! I guess it made people think that the Smashbox contain lesser due to its packaging.

Anyway, I bought the jet set due to the smashing reviews here about it staying put when applying to the waterline. While it does dry up pretty quick, it didnt work as well for me on the waterline. By noon, the line on my eyelid is still perfect, although not as black as upon application but my waterline is lined only at the middle and the inner and outer corner of my eyes are devoid of any remaining liner.

Dont ask me where it has gone to, but one thing's for sure, it doesnt smudge as bad as my MAC fluidline. It does dry pretty quick upon application, so i was happy about that.

I guess its just my eyes maybe? They tend to secrete more oil, being asian and all? hahahah..I donno...oh a tip that the SP taught me to avoid it drying in the case (this is if you find it time consuming to twist the cover on and off for each eye). Once you have taken a small amount of the product, turn it upside down on the table and when youre finally done with it, close it tightly. I donno how well this works but will update in 2 mths time.

*update 3/30: the thing is still ok with me. no drying up or cracks, and ive been wearing it religiously everyday.