September 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first product I've ever purchased where I was so frustrated and annoyed by it that I rushed out to return it and felt incredibly happy having gotten rid of it.

I decided to try it since I've been wanting to cut down on the products I use. I read up on reviews and understood that there were very mixed reviews, but since they had it at my local Sephora, I suppose it couldn't hurt.

WRONG.

The first washing went really well. My hair looked fantastic and was easy to manage. That's the only positive thing you'll read me say.

Subsequent washings went TERRIBLE, even after adjusting how much product I put in (10-15 pumps just seemed absolutely ridiculous to me for the price). I would scrub, and scrub, and scrub it out of my hair, but even a few hours later, my roots would be looking greasy. The top of my hair would then start to follow suit and I would lose and volume I had. After coming home from work one evening, I saw how bad my hair looked in the mirror and I immediately washed it. My old Head and Shoulders washed all the gunk out and made my hair feel fluffy and bouncy, as it should be!

I was so unimpressed with Wen, not only for the price, but for what it did to my hair. My hair usually isn't very oily, so this was very disappointing to see how it affected my hair.

I will NOT be repurchasing, and I'm so glad I got this out of my house!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by NYCShopaholic

I have a very full thick head of shoulder length somewhat fine & wavy hair that tend(ed) to frizz in any humidity. Like most women, I also color my hair. I'd tried every product out there to deep condition and anti frizz and nothing worked except those heavy gel type products that made my hair feel kinda crunchy, not soft & silky the way I wanted. So a few years ago I tried Wen. It has literally changed my hair! From the first try, my hair was soft & even in high humidity it did not frizz. Ive used it ever since and only wish I'd found it sooner. That said I don't think this Wen formulation is the right product for thin hair that needs volume. It's much too rich in emollients for that. But if you have hair that's tough to tame, wow, Wen Sweet Almond Mint really works. Yes, it's expensive but this one product replaces all the shampoo conditioner & styling products I used to rely on, and with much better results.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Lulu7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not what it's hyped up to be. I have thick coarse hair and I blowed dried my hair and it still looked frizzy that I had to put in product and flatiron my hair. The only thing I like is how minty it made my scalp feel and so I gave it a 2. Not worth the money and so hyped up.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by briel1995

I was really excited to try Wen despite the high price. The amount of product they want you to use is outrageous! Wen made my hair fall out, feel greasy, and fall flat. Not to mention when you reach the last 1/3 of the bottle, the pump does not work! The only good thing about this product is the smell!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is just meh. I used my mum's bottle for a week or so and it's not awful but for me it's no better than a really good drugstore conditioner. I absolutely would not give you £25 for a bottle. I really hate the smell - I don't get anything sweet almond, and the mind just makes it smell like toothpaste. Wouldn't purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is just ok. I have very long frizzy, curly hair. I washed my hair as directed every other day with this product and it took me 5 weeks to go through a whole bottle. This made no difference in my frizz at all. This just doesn't seem to work for my hair, I have other products that work better, I won't purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by BeetheBee

So, I have been using this cleansing conditioner since January, and I really don't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't recommend buying it , especially because it costs so much for so little. And just an FYI, even if you like the product, I would avoid the Winter Vanilla Mint one...it smells like a urinal cake.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by egagnondrolet

This is my Holy Grail of hair care. I love it. It makes my hair feel like it was just washed at the salon EVERY TIME.

The first time I used it I did notice a lot of hair loss. I think that this was due to the fact that I have never combed my hair in the shower before. Nothing to be concerned about.

Also, you must must must rinse with cold water. I know it sucks but it does make a difference.

The only real CON I can think of is the price. It is expensive, especially if you have really thick/long hair and use a lot of the product. I made the mistake of switching to Liveclean to save money and was extremely disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Veroniquelinnett

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review ever! I have spent thousand and thousands of dollars on shampoos, conditioners, hairstyling gunk and hair appliances, I could open a store with just the unused leftover all over my house! My hair is naturally light brown, fine, oily roots, dry ends because I have been dying it and bleaching it for ever. Now it is light blond, which was ok because I had this fantastic unpretentious hair colorist who did magic! But then, I moved! Got a few bad over processed catastrophes and trips to the most expensive salon ($500 for color) and my hair just got worse and worse! More products buying to no avail! My hair simply looked terrible! I my hair products storage space overloaded, i gave up!
Until last week, when I opened a package my fiancé received in the mail, didn't know what it was, went online , and to make a long story short, 3 days later, I am cleaning my cabinets!!!
No more shampoo for me! That stuff is amazing! My hair looks like I would love it to look after spending $800 at the most expensive NY salon! In 10 minutes?!?! And it gets better every day?!?! Pinch me!!
Ok, it has just been 3 days, but there is something about the whole way it feels and gets better and the dramatic difference that tells me I am onto something!
I am Soo scared of shampoos now and starting to realize this whole shampoo industry is really about you having to buy tones of stuff and getting hooked onto it from an early age and basically using a damaging "supposed" to be great product, just Soo you are hooked into buying all the accessories product to counteract the damaging effect of the most familiar and seemingly"indispensable " one: shampoo!!
anyway my hair looks fantastic, feels fantastic, I don"t wash my hair in the shower, because I don't want to spend Soo much time in the shower, I wash it in the sink, then let it soak for 5 mn, then rinse! And rinse! It's a change of routine! A pleasant one because it smells and feels great while sitting on your hair.
It does feel a bit weird on the scalp at first, on my first day, my hair looked fantastic but the roots got heavier after a few hours, the next day I did two washes, and it improved, I am working on finding my perfect "routine", and I know my scalp is trying to adjust, but all I can tell Soo far is my hair is "shiny" , falls like , oh man I don't remember, like a once in a five year thing, and it has been doing it for three straight days, getting better every day!
Wen is expensive, so today I bought a supposed to be like Wen product, salon graphix,the one for oily hair, tried it but ended up finishing with the Wen winter vanilla mint because my hair felt dry as I was rinsing it ! It doesn't feel as good!

Anyway, I will report in a couple weeks! Or maybe I won't because my hair won't be something I think off! -:)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Blondemenace121

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really really hoping Wen would be the miracle product they advertise it to be on those home shopping networks, but this is the most expensive hair care I've ever bought and it was total rubbish!! I did not get results like those shown on the ads. My hair reacted the same as if I had used a really cheap shampoo and no conditioner. It was dry, hugely frizzy, knotty, breaking off and just unmanagable. I also got a TONNE of hairfall from this product - scary stuff, like entire chunks of hair just coming out. I've been conditioner-only washing for a while now so I had no problem with the technique which may explain why I didn't get a greasy scalp with this. For me it was just like using shampoo (a really bad, expensive, time-consuming shampoo).

At the moment, the best routine for me is conditioner only washing (with an actual conditioner not this Wen crap) followed by a silicone conditioner to condition and then a tonne of leave-ins like Kerastase Ultime Elixir. I mix this up with the occassional shampoo with a highly moisturising shampoo to deal with my roots which are virgin and do get greasy after a while.