Pantene ICE SHINE

2.8

on 7/15/2009 2:13:00 PM

This product dried my hair right out and didn't make it shiny. will not buy again

on 7/15/2009 2:09:00 PM

No shine what so ever! Would never repurchase.

on 7/13/2009 5:06:00 PM

This is crap as a shampoo. It dries your hair and makes it rubbery and hair to comb. Does not deliver the shine it promises. But I cannot throw away half the bottle, so instead I have discovered it makes a wonderful detergent and pimple remover. So, uh, if you've recently purchased this shampoo of death, just lather it on your pimples (stay AWAY from your eyes!) and they'll shrink. Also, it's good for various other household cleaning. Anyway, this is a crappy shampoo the end.

on 5/24/2009 12:09:00 AM

I mistaken this shampoo for the clarifying one. I am so used to just grab the clear one. Went home, wash my hair and found out it's not the same one!! It made my hair dry and rough....hate it.

on 5/23/2009 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have probably the driest hair EVER- I am mixed race and have relaxed and dyed hair so it is super dry. I only bought this product because I couldn't find the Pantene clarifying shampoo and since both this product and the clarifying shampoo are clear I thought, 'We all know Pantene they put the same ingredients in almost every shampoo so this must be just as stripping as the clarifying one'. But it really isn't. I have tried their Smooth and sleek line - I think it's called always smooth in the US anyway the conditioner I loved but the shampoo was really drying so I kind of went off their shampoos. Back to the point I jumped in the shower and went me hair popped some of this in my hand- the consistency is like the clarifying shampoo and its is clear to it smells really clean there's really no other way to describe it. I lathered up and it foams A LOT you don;t need to use much to get a big lather. As I rinsed it out I got my detangling comb and was able to run it through my mid back length hair with ease so I was soooo surprised and that was an added bonus I couldn't believe I could detangle my hair with this. Also my hair felt soo smooth. I have been using it every day for the past 3 weeks so it's not a fluke result. Does it make hair shiney? I didn't buy it for that and I think if I wanted to judge that I would have to use the conditioner in the line to judge that.
BUT it doesn't strip my hair at all. I got it on a sale at Boots but I think the price is like 2.89 for the 400ml bottle or something to that effect- it's not expensive.
I recommend it to anyone even people with super dry hair because it's non-stripping, detangles like a dream and smells so clean. I love it I will be buying it again.

on 5/8/2009 1:32:00 PM

Worst shampoo I have ever used. Left my hair so dull and dry with loads of buildup.

on 4/30/2009 2:41:00 PM

I would give this shampoo (& conditioner) 0 lipsticks is that were an option! I hate them both with a passion! Ok, so I color my hair, never use high end products to treat it, but for some reason my hair had always felt and looked good. I used different brands of drugstore shampoos & conditioners, some were better than other, but none damaged my hair like this product did! Sure, the first couple of uses things seemed ok, my hair was looking very clean and it had some nice shine to it...but then, weeks later I started to notice my hair was feeling dry, the shine was gone, and upon touching my hair it felt different, and not in a good way. So, I started using hair treatments on my hair, but for some reason, the treatments don't seem to work, it's like, they can't get in my hair. But the final straw was when my husband (we were separated for years, but recently got back together) touched my hair one day and said "what's happened to your hair, it feels dry and damaged, you used to have such soft and shiny hair...it kinda feels like a doll's hair". If you wanna read more reviews, you should check: iheatalize's and cholielynn's reviews, they both provide great descriptions on hair's texture after using this shampoo.

on 4/27/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hmm..this isnt so bad, but after reading some of the "dandruff" related comments below ive realized that although it make my hair nice and shiny n clean, it may have been the reason of my sudden dandruff =S . Um..im nt using this anymore, ive started using Head and shoulders n my hair is great, and no dandruff either...ok so pantene was the problem! thanks

on 4/15/2009 2:57:00 AM

Pantene is bad for your hair!!!! It coats your hair strands with wax and builds up over time. I am a hair stylist and I can usually guess when someone is using pantene because their hair is so tangly and sticky feeling! Do yourselves a favor and buy Paul Mitchell's Shampoo 3 to help remove the wax build up and also any mineral deposits or medication thats in your hair!

on 4/4/2009 11:04:00 PM

I love Ice Shine. If you use it with ice shine conditioner, it makes your hair so clean and shiny. A little mousse before blowdrying will tame that "too clean" aspect that happens the first day. Great shampoo.

Popular Shampoos