Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

on 7/8/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Advantages: none

Disadvantages: it did not hydrate at all, the product doesnt work with my long hair.made things worse

Lets cut straight to the point:
My hair is Long ( up to my hips) i use to use herbal essences awhile back before the bottle changed (it's now a solid color) my hair has been lacking serious moisture , so i thought i'd give this a try since i got it on sale 2 for the price of 1 ( i grabbed the conditioner to go with it).

on my first wash everything seemed okay , i was able to brush my hair with out ripping it out.
because of how long my hair is i don't wash it everyday because its important for the natural oils from my head to reach the rest of my hair, so i usually wash every other day or wait longer before washing it again. (this may sound odd to you but as someone who loves long hair and has long hair I've done research about when i should and shouldn't wash it, of course i take baths more frequently)
anyway! ..
When i use the shampoo again my hair just kept getting worse with every use , i'm not sure why , but it was making my hair even more dry then other shampoos , it was not hydrating at all.

next time I'll be looking for the clear more scented herbal essences i use to know and love ( if they still sell them)..this really did not help my hair, it weighed it down and made dandruff worse also took moisture out .

it might be okay for medium and short hair but its definitely not good enough for long hair.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Let me just tell you guys how much I love this shampoo. This is my go-to shampoo and has been for about 6 years now. I shampoo daily. In fact, I shampoo twice a day because I take two showers a day. I know that this is probably overkill, but I need a good shampoo to handle this many showers. This is a great shampoo & I always find myself questioning it.

I am HUGE on trying new shampoo products. I have basically tried every single shampoo out there. I've tried everything from the cheap cheap to the salon quality expensive. I always find myself coming back to this shampoo.

Hello Hydration leaves my hair moisturized enough to where it isn't dry, but it doesn't moisturize it too much to where it feels dirty and weighed down. In fact, I always get a "light" feeling after I wash with this shampoo from switching from another one. Like it's making my hair bouncier or something. Just a nice, clean feeling.

I love this shampoo no matter how many bad reviews it gets. This shampoo just clicks..like it was made for my hair type. I'll probably still wanna try all of the newest and coolest shampoos that come out, but I'll more than likely always find myself coming back to this one because of its price factor and quality. LOVE IT.

on 6/18/2012 12:48:00 PM

I know so many ppl give this product such a hype. I was not impressed with the old product, however, when this new one came out, I decided to give a go.
I have oily hair and reasonable good condition. However, using the combination of this shampoo with its conditioner seem to make my hair extremely unhappy. My hair became dry and frizzy. It seems to lose the natural shine after I use it for a while. Furthermore, there is buildup after using them - I seem to get endless amount of dandruff. I admitted all the herbal essences hair products smell divine, but this really should not be the measure to buy a product.
I really hope people don't have the same result as mine after using this. Hair-product hunting starts again.

This is my Hg shampoo and conditioner. I love everything about it. It smells wonderful and makes my hair so so so so soft lol. Im so inlove with it. I wouldnt recommend for daily use but i wash my hair every 2 days because my hair doesnt get oily til like the 3 rd day. Also all the packages are so cute and i love the neon blue color that comes out. Also a little goes a long way. I would recommend all these shampoos and conditioners espically this one.

Oh my god,
My hair hasn't felt this bad since I last dyed it.
Doesn't lather easily, makes your hair feel like straw, leaves hair to "Split off" when you do eventually get it to lather, And the frizz my god I look like a puffball, plus my scalp is stinging!
WORST SHAMPOO EVER.
DON'T BUY THIS.

on 6/3/2012 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

THIS MADE MY MOMS GORGEOUS THICK HAIR FALL OUT. SHE NOW HAS A BALD SPOT, do not buy. it weighs hair now and isnt that moistureizing.

on 6/3/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good god, this stuff makes my hair feel disgusting and dirtier than before I wash it. It leaves a film that doesn't rinse out and I can feel a residue on my hands when I run my hands through my hair while blow drying. I'll be throwing out a nearly-full bottle.

on 5/29/2012 12:57:00 AM

My hair is normal but gets oily after the second day so I wash it every night. The ends of my hair are very dry due to it being cut very little. I really love this conditioner and shampoo set as it really hydrates my hair. I lather the shampoo up and rinse out then repeat. It seems to work better if I repeat. The conditioner is hydrating enough for the top of my head but I use a different conditioner (garnier fructis nutri-repair triple nourishment) when the tips of my hair are feeling extremely dry. The smell of this is amazing and lasts for about half a day for me. It hydrates well enough but not for extremely dry hair, so 1 lippie off. Overall, I like it enough to repurchase.

EDIT: After using a whole bottle I found that my hair had started falling out in places, and it was still tangled, if not more at my tips which I am not liking. I removed 2 lippies and will not repurchase anymore. Sticking to my tried and tested Garnier products. Disappointed with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My hair is only and heavy, and it's very difficult for me to find good "cheap" products. This shampoo goes well with my hair, feels lightweight and it's very cheap.

on 3/30/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

For its range (meaning the non-designer/salon shampoos) herbal essences is expensive in Australia. I have normal hair, a lot of volume with natural waves that gets extremely oily by the second day.
This shampoo has a great smell and consistency. It is a cream, and smells great. The smell stays in my hair until about the second day. It is more moisturizing than other shampoos I've used, though because of this by the second day my hair is heavy and flat, not oily, just flat.
I would imagine someone with overly dry hair would like this, someone who doesn't produce much oils and who has dry ends. For its purpose, which is to moisturize dry hair, it does it's job. It is just heavy and feels very silicone-y.

Top Rated Clairol Products