April 17, 2014 | 1431 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Flexitol - Heel Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by arizonamuaddict

I like this foot cream a lot. I used to use kerasal ointment, but you get a lot more with flexitol and it's about half the price. It makes my feet smoth and soft so I use it every other day or so in the summer because I'm either barefoot or in flip flops every day. I almost never have to use a foot file or pumice because this lotion keep my feet from getting dry or cracked. The smell is a little strong, but it's on your feet, so you really can't smell it after you put it on, and I do like to wash my hands after application as it is a little heavy to leave on your hands. The packaging is good, it's an upsidedown tube, so you can get most of the product out without cutting it open. I'll definetly repurchase, but it lasts a long time so who knows when I'll need to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Thick, creamy balm with a slight medicinal scent. Comes in a squeeze tube with a flip-top cap. Absorbs a bit slowly so you need to put on socks to prevent yourself from slipping on hard floors or leaving balm all over the place.

BACKGROUND: I have always had a problem with callused, rough heels. I can file them down but they get bad if I don't do it regularly (especially since I tend to wear flats with zero padding in them quite often) and I'm lazy. Also, I can never get them to be really soft and smooth because if I file them down too much, I get painful cracks. I moved recently and carrying heavy stuff up and down stairs really killed my feet. I was literally limping around in pain for a few days due to my cracked-out heels.

COST/AVAILABILITY: Very inexpensive. It was about 4 USD at Rite Aid. You can find this at almost any drugstore or mass retailer (e.g. Target).

EFFECT(S): I've been using this on and off for about a week (so it adds up to about 3 or 4 days of actual use). It does work better if you manually exfoliate with a pumice stone or foot file (but don't overdo it). My heels are no longer painfully sore and they've started to soften. The callused parts are very much improved. I'm sure the effects would be more dramatic if I wore this with more regularity, but I hate wearing socks to bed now that the weather is hot.

VERDICT: I've tried other urea-based foot creams like Dr. Scholl's and Kerasal and Flexitol beats the competition, hands down. This is a must for those who regularly abuse their feet but don't want it to show. Would repurchase, definitely. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am barefoot whenever possible, so my feet were less than pink and smooth. In fact, they were absolutely hideous. Hands down, this is the best product I ever used on my nasty, dry, cracked feet. After wasting money on foot "creams" that were watery and ineffective, Flexitol is a miracle concoction. Amazingly thick, the balm moisturizes and soothes my dry callouses like nothing else. This stuff, in conjunction with using the PedEgg, is saving me a fortune on twice monthly pedicures. My feet are now picture perfect and ready for sandal season.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lewky

I had a blister on my heel that eventually dried but caused several dry cracks along my heel making it uncomfortable to wear shoes everyday. I read reviews for this and my heels are back to normal after 3 days of use. It even works great on my dry soles! Will keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

Don't get me wrong: this product is great! Whenever my heals get dry or flaky. I put this on 2 times a day for a couple days and they're back to normal again. However, I gave this 4 lipsticks because a) it kinda stinks and b) it's a little too thick. I can't really put this on before I go to bed because the thickness of the balm is a little too much for me. I think that this is a little too potent for someone whose heals are just a little dry and cracked.

For a more mild formula, try Neutrogena Foot Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Gabi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Without question the absolute best product you can possibly use to get rid of cracked heels and calloused feet. I am so please to have found this & I'm using it in time for sandal season!!! I have read that people are getting overnight results. I did have quite a difference overnight, but I am looking for complete healing & am not there yet. I've been using it for about a week & my feet just keep improving. I had callous & cracked heels & callouses on my big toe & the bottom forefoot (yuck). This problem persisted despite diligent and intensive skin care. Now I have finally found something easy that works very very well. I have added sally hansen pumice foot scrub to help speed the process & I'm very pleased. I thoroughly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by KtKelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK, first; the picture on the box is hideous! Yikes! But I love this stuff! Rated this "dirt cheap" as I believe it could save a lot on professional pedicures! I am a believer, a convert, a groupie... Amazing stuff- two weeks of once-daily application (pea-size) after skin is dry and clean from a shower and before socks has resulted in nothing less than a miracle! Smooth, soft skin, and no callouses. A caveat: do not apply all over, just the rough areas- it can sting and burn already-soft skin. It contains urea, which is more powerful than alpha-hydroxy acids, but that's also why it works so well on tough callouses! It is available at Target for $4.99 for a 2 oz tube, but on drugstore.com, a 4 oz tube is on sale right now for $7.99. Well worth it if you use it faithfully and sparingly, and especially if you are in the habit of getting professional pedicures. (I was trying to avoid them, and am so glad I found this.) I use a file every few days or so just for good measure, in the shower. Don't hesitate!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by orangewasabi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I had basically given up on getting my dry cracked heels to ever look good. No moisturizing cream has worked for more than a few hours and pumicing every day doesn't do a darn thing. After Lamisil didn't work, I figured it just wasn't meant to be.

Tried this on a whim after hearing a bit about it because it was on sale at Target for $4.99.

Wonder of wonders it actually worked. My heels were PINK!

Daily use, no sleeping-in-socks required and my feet are always flipflop ready for the first time in 30+ years.

I'll never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by yoohoo422

Less than ONE WEEK with this great product and a pumice stone and my feet are borderline perfect! I started out applying it two times a day, but now apply only at night time. It is thick, and doesn't feel great until it absorbs in completely, but the best thing EVER for my terribly dry, cracked heels, that looked hideous! The pumice stone really helped speed up the great results!

Good LUCK if you try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by sally35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, it looks (& maybe even smells) like it could be a paste used in some sort of heavy industrial process, but this stuff works like a charm. I have extremely dry skin on my heels, that by the end of winter, is cracked & catching on fabric. I file my feet in the shower & use this overnight with cotton socks & in a few days my heels are as good as new. I also really love the Bath & Body Works Heel of Approval (and stock up when it is on sale), but Flexitol is about 1/3 of the price & works just as well. It's not fancy, but really effective. I send some home with my sister every time she visits me & she agrees that it's a great product. The only complaint I have is that I have been using this for a while & find a bit of variation between tubes. I've had 3 tubes of the stuff & in 2 of them the balm was really smooth, but 1 tube had small grains in it. I don't know if the "chunky" version was an older batch of the cream that was starting to go off, or what. Still worked though, so I'll continue buying.