April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by sweetlily79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would only recommend this foundation for those with perfect skin as it doesn't provide much coverage at all! Its almost like a sheer tint, not a foundation so I think anyone who is used to using more medium coverage foundation would be a little disappointed with it.

Also the pump is not very good. I have the dior foundation and the pump on that lets me control how much to pump out, but for this becca product, the pump only lets you press all the way down so you are forced to pump out a lot of product each time. Also, if I don't shake the bottle thoroughly before using, the colour when it comes out is is not even, it looks like some oil streaks through it like it hasn't been mixed well.

Some pros are that it has spf 20 and there is a huge colour range to choose from. I think it's also filling a gap in the market for those who have perfect skin and only want a slight tint.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A good product - only for those who have already a perfect skin.
It enhances your skin tone, l gives a lovely light but does NOT cover anyhting .
If you need coverage this will not suit you (like it does not suit me).
I would define it a tinted moisturizer more than a foundation!!
Lovely colour range & intensely hydrating.
I have mine in Porcelain and the shade is just perfect for my NC15 skin tone.
I give it a 4 as it is a great product as per the quality (does not break you out!!!), the quantity - a good 50 ml instead of the classical 30 - and the ingredients (a lot of natural extracts and a great SPF 25!!).
I will not repurchase it as it is not what I need in a foundation - but it is indeed a GREAT tinted moisturizer!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence about this one. For reference my skin type is normal and my t-zone tends to get shiny around midday (nothing a quick blot with a tissue or blotting sheets won't fix).

I like the texture of this foundation, its very sheer however the foundation is not too runny or slippery. Its very easy to spread with either hands or a brush.

I could never wear this foundation on its own - I would at the very least need a setting powder. Otherwise it is very shiny as other mua'ers have noted.

I've tried dusting both the becca loose powder and jurlique silk dust (which is a hg for me) and I find that the best is to use either just the becca loose powder on its own or dust a little jurlique silk dust down my t-zone as well. The becca loose powder makes this foundation work. I've also tried it with my MAC studio fix powder (for more coverage) and it just didn't work. Having said that I can't seem to get my Becca Loose Powder to work with any other foundation I own :-s

The end result is that my skin looks perfect and luminous. However, my slight acne scars still show through and I need to cover them up with some concealer. The foundation lasts a reasonably long time but I would prefer if it lasted longer. These are the two reasons why I'm a bit on the fence. But for now I am happy to pop on a bit of concealer and touch up with a powder during the day.

The packaging is the best though. Plastic, two caps and a pump bottle. Easy to use and perfect for travelling. I would purchase again.

I am an NC44 and use the LSC in Nut and Loose Powder in Mocha

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by pailbluesea

I love this stuff. It matches my skin perfectly, makes my face all glowy and pretty and doesn't feel like oily bilge. V. expensive but I have a feeling it'll last for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by nubia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Feels really nice on the skin. But it is extremly sheer.
My skin feels hydrated but blemishes are not really covered.
I like the color-range alot though. A nice product overall

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by DANCINGGAL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really expensive ($68 Aussie) but definately worth it as it lasts a whole year for me using it everyday, and when I compare that to buying foundation at around $35 a pop every three months, it seems very cost effective. Not only that, it's fantastically good for your skin, leaving it super soft and moisturised and protecting it from the sun. I was using this as a primer, but have since started using it by itself and my skin looks amazing. No breakouts, and I only need to use a squirt or two to cover my face. I love this stuff, hope they never, ever get rid of it.

For reference, I'm using it in Nut (am a NC 42-44).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by osmosis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had a strange, rocky, turbulent relationship with this product but it's all come good in the end. :) I've always had problems with foundations catching onto flaky areas of my skin and despite claims that it doubles as a moisturiser (as well as containing countless vitamins and nutrients and spf and a cure for cancer) it definately needs a moisturiser, at least for me with that issue. And although it's spf 25 I don't really trust sunscreen in tinted moisturisers because they're very light and tend to slide off during the day so I recommend wearing a sunscreen underneath. Anyway, this product is definately very light coverageand I wouldn't say like other reviewers that it is heavier than tinted moisturiser. But I don't think that's a very accurate comparison because it seems to work differently-I don't think it's purpose is coverage but enhancement I suppose. It definately evens out your tone but does nothing for the parts you really want to cover like acne scars, but Becca doesn't design their products like this, their philosphy is to use a lighter product for most of your face and foundation or concealer for those problem areas because not all parts have the same needs, and this also prevents your coverage from being too heavy and unnatural (but this might just be a marketing ploy to get you to buy more products). This has worked for me because I prefer the more natural look. However, when I started using this product just by itself I found it too shiny and oily somtimes, but then I found the secret to it - you have to pair it up with the becca loose powder (which is amazing). The loose powder is essential because it gets rid of this shininess and makes it waterproof and after a while settles down from matte to dewy. I've gotten so many compliments using these two products, and not about my makeup being good, but my skin! That's because it looks so natural, like your skin, just better and more radiant without that heavy makeup look. Now I'm in love with it now that I know how to use it. So I definately recommend this product becuase it's smoothing and glowing and enhances your skin without looking like makeup, but needs to be paired up with becca loose powder and concealer or foundation for problem areas. Also make sure you get the right shade. The first time I went I got matched with Sand (pale-light, near porcelain), then the second time with Tan (5 shades darker) - both times with a bare face without makeup. Bizarre. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Skintone: Roughly a MAC NW15, who leans more neutral than pink.

Skin Type: I have dry/very dry skin with very occasional small flakey patches around mouth and forehead. I am not prone to breakouts but have some slight sensitivity on cheeks. My major skin concern is dullness and uneven complexion. I am in my late 20s.

Other foundations I have tried: Bare Minerals, Chanel Pro-Lumiere, Chanel Vitalumiere (crème), Clinique Supermoisture, Dior Nude Skin, Face Atelier, L'Oreal Truematch, NARS Sheer Glow, Revlon Colorstay (the Normal/Dry formula and Oily/Combination), Revlon Photo Ready, MAC Face and Body, MAC Matchmaster, MUFE Face and Body, MUFE HD, MUFE Liquid Lift, MUFE Mat Velvet +, Urban Decay Surreal Skin.

I really like this foundation. As the name suggests it is pretty sheer and for days where you only want a tiny bit of coverage. It gives a beautiful dewy finish. Because of my dry skin I don't tend to find the dewiness too much (if I do a little MSFN does the trick) but for those with oilier complexions it might prove to be a little too moist so I would recommend sampling it if you can as it's quite expensive (at ~£35 I think it is the most expensive foundation I've tried). It is, of the foundations listed above, one of my favourites. I have purchased this twice and have nearly finished my second bottle. I might not repurchase stright away since there are other things I want to try but I am pretty sure I will be getting this again for natural days.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lowkeybeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over a year now and have had wonderful luck with it. I switch between the Porcelain and Sand shades, depending on how pale or tan my skin is and both shades give me a nice "my skin but better" glow. It is definitely not a full coverage foundation but it's not as sheer as a tinted moisturizer. I like to use it on days when my face needs a little pick me up.

I do find, though, that it can feel a bit heavy in the summer when my skin in oilier so I do blot my face between applying the LSC and my finishing powder and this takes away the tacky feeling.

And as much as I love that this comes in a pump bottle, the pumps on mine tend to get a bit clogged, causing the product to sometimes splatter out of the bottle. Just a small con but this is an expensive product so I hate when some goes to waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Giuliana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite simply the best foundation I have ever used. The shades are absolutely spot-on (I defy you to not find one that is your exact skintone) and while it is a light coverage, the finish is so dewy and flattering it doesn't matter. If you do need more coverage you can always layer it over the stick foundation, used in key areas. I have looked my entire life for a foundation this good.