August 21, 2014 | 1178 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kristen0203

ABSOLUTE LIFESAVER! When I was 13, I started having serious sweating problems. I would sweat just sitting in class, and even more during physical activity which was horrible considering I'm an athlete. I bought this praying that it would solve my problems and I'm so happy I did. I don't sweat EVER. Not even after running 3+ miles in the horrid texas heat. I put it on every night and let it dry before putting on any clothes (which doesn't take long at all). It only stings if I forget to put it on for a few nights and it only itches for a few minutes anyways so nothing to be scared of. BUY THIS! I promise you will not be disappointed. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by rubyduffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

when i was in 4th grade i started to sweat like crazy. people would make fun of me because i always had big sweat pools around my armpits. i was so upset because no deodorant would ever stop it. i started to wear baggy sweatshirts everyday or really big and black baggy shirts. in 8th grade i looked in my closet and realized that all of my shirts were xl's. i wanted to wear normal shirts like everone else. i wanted some color in my wardrobe. i looked it up and saw this product. then i dragged my mom to wallgreens and bought it. the first day i felt nothing when i put it on and the next day i sweat less than usual, but it didnt stop. the second day it stung like crazy and burned really bad. the next day i didnt sweat at all though. i waited 2 days until i reapplied. i used less and it only itched a little. it would be worth it even if it hurt like the second day every time. i love this. it changed my life

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by OootkaP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This changed my life.
Not exagerating.
This time last year, I was excessively sweating and had major B.O. It was embarrassing, and I hated myself. Fast forward 9 months later, I am stinkless and sweatless. I apply every night, skip a couple nights sometimes. It doesn't ever sting, but if you use too much it itches. I use a regular deodorant/antiperspirant when I'm going out or will be in public, and sometimes I feel a bit of wetness but I think it's just me because my underarm is still dry (even when exercising).
When I'm at home, I don't bother with a regular deodorant. I don't need it, it's just for reassurance. Anyways, BUY THIS.

I used to hide with sweaters and coats but I wear t shirts and tanks all the time now! Sometimes my regular deodorant melts in warm weather, but this has never let me down. I paid 8 dollars for each bottle, and since October I've been through 2 bottles (with almost nightly use!). If you have B.O or sweating issues, buy this. It made me confident to lift my arms again, even in gym.

** Side note. My underarms stopped sweating, but I started sweating alot on my back. It's okay though, I'd rather that then armpits!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by TLord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never had excessive wetness issues, but I've had stink issues ever since I started perspiring as a teenager. Since then, I have never been able to find an antiperspirant to keep the stink at bay. I can put AP on first thing in the morning at 8AM and by 10AM I am stinking. Not wet, just stinking. I tried the clinical deodorant thing when they came out, and still stinky. After researching here, I found out about Certain Dri and it's the only thing that has helped eliminate my BO. But as others have already said, this should only be used every few days, and only at night. Using this right after shaving or even just cleaning your underarms with one of those bath sponges can cause intense burning/itching. Using it too often can make your underarms very red and raw. What I normally do is every third or fourth night, I will put this on before going to bed. But just a couple of rolls under each arm. I still use regular AP every day in between my Certain Dri applications. Mainly because Certain Dri is unscented and I prefer to smell a fresh scent. And a little extra protection can't hurt lol. I can use a regular cheapo 99 cent stick of suave and I'm smelling fresh pretty much all day. For those who experience some itching after applying, I've found that it helps if you put a couple of light swipes of your usual AP on top of the Certain Dri after it's dried. It may sound like overkill, but this works for me. One last note, the solid version did nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by mutya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I came across the Certain Dri deodorant at the bottom of display rack of Deodorants in Walgreens. I read the ingredients at the back of the box. To the best of my knowledge, it doesnt contain any harmful chemical so I bought it used it every day since. I didn't think I would use up an entire container of any deodorant in the world but boy, I literally scope it out when I ran out one morning. It seems to lasts me more than 6 months and I use it every day to work when temperature is warm. I haven't tried a lot of deodorants but this one is hg for me.

Will I buy it again? Of course.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by shannondarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I sweat a lot in warm temperatures & when nervous or under stress. I've been using this for nearly ten years now. It does sting if I apply it right after shaving. It does make my underarm area itch if I apply it daily, so I typically apply it every other night before bed & use my "regular" deodorant every morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by settlebaby

I had the WORST underarm perspiration in high school. I ran track in the mornings and even though I showered, I would be sweating nonstop. I ruined so many shirts and was so embarrassed that I just left my jacket on all day even when it was hot outside. I bought this and fell in love. Now here's the amazing thing: I haven't started sweating again till now, 3 years later. I only had to use the roll-on for maybe a month tops before I noticed the results and then I switched back to my normal deodorant/antiperspirant. Naturally, I went and bought it again. Applied two nights ago and so far, so good. This stuff saved my life living in Texas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used Certain-Dri on and off since high school, which has been around 16 years. It has never failed me. I'm naturally very sweaty under my arms. I've ruined shirts and dresses due to this ailment, and I've been embarrassed more times than I can count when I've lifted my arms and revealed wet pit stains. I tried EVERY A/P out there and nothing compares to this. I use the liquid because the solid did nothing for me. I use this at night right before bed. I have used this after shaving at night, but I don't recommend that because it stings pretty badly. I'll shave in the mornings and use this at night. Sometimes I itch, but it's not bad enough to keep me from using this. I can't explain why sometimes I itch and sometimes I don't, but it's not that bad. I use this every night and use a regular A/P in the morning because I like the added protection and scent. I'm sure I could skip the morning ritual, but it's habit. I will continue to use this as long as it's available. It keeps me TOTALLY dry, even during high stress situations. It truly is life changing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

This product changed my life.

I suffered from extreme sweatiness. Throughout puberty, I would have sweat pools from my armpits down to my navel every day, even on cool days. I am not exaggerating. I tried a ton of clinical strength antiperspirants and nothing ever worked. I resorted to wearing black t-shirts every. single. day.

As I grew out of puberty, the problem persisted. Any hope I had of the sweat being due to pubescent hormones was fading fast. A friend of mine recommended this to me and even though I thought I had tried it all, I gave it a shot.

I have to say, I went from applying nightly, to every three nights, to once a week, to once a month or so in the summer when it gets really warm. Ever since I've used this, I've NEVER had problems with sweat marks or pooling. It doesn't matter if I forget deodorant in the morning- there's no sweat, and no smell.

I will repurchase, but not very often. After using the product for a while, I barely need any to keep my underarms dry. It's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I decided to try this when I realized that my pits were starting to sweat and the Secret Clinical stuff stopped working. I've been using this for a while now, and since I read the warnings about waiting until just before bedtime to use this product, it does work and there really isn't any itching. It has kept my pits dry, but I still use a deodorant in the morning because I like smelling nice when I lift up my arms. I will definitely repurchase.