Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance

on 5/27/2008 7:11:00 AM

my hair is thick and dry. this product works well in moisturizing hair. please be warned: if you are looking for something to weigh hair down, add lots of fake shine or 'cones, etc. this doesn't have it. you will have to get that from styling products. this shampoo/conditioner pair is a basic pair to clean hair and moisturize w/out all the extra stuff. my hair has a natural shine to it when i use this, vs. fake. it's great for moisturizing as necessary and for volume.

on 4/17/2008 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Unfortunately, this conditioner doesn't work too well on my hair (I have dry-ish, curly, abundant hair). It seems to weigh my hair down, leaving it slick and limp.

on 3/31/2008 1:47:00 PM

This has a nice mild conditioner scent and love the fact that it is an organic product, but it weighs my fine hair down everytime.

on 3/14/2008 11:57:00 AM

This shampoo and conditioner left my already fine, dry hair a dry, tangled mess. I had a heck of a time combing my hair out afterwards. I gave one lippie for the great price. Update 4/22/08: I tried this conditioner only with another shampoo today and I got much better results. So I might repurchase if it keeps working.

on 3/9/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have dry relaxed hair. Didn't expect much from the shampoo or the conditioner but they are both pretty ok for my hair and they don't make my scalp itch, flake and leave my hair super soft. Both of them seem to last longer than regular beauty store brands too. Even better they don't leave any build up at all. The conditioner has a weird feel on my hair though, kind of like i'm using baby oil which I don;t like, but if you're looking for a cheap shampoo and wash often i'd go for it. I wouldn't use it in the long run though. It could never replace my Olive Oil brand conditioner.

on 3/9/2008 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this out I actually ran home and washed my hair immediately after buying this and I guess I'm just one of the few this didn't work out for. :( I'm really sad. For a huge bottle for $2.49 I wanted to love this but unfortunately it left my very dry hair even more dry.

A background on my hair-- I have extremely long blonde color-treated hair with extensions. My natural hair is extremely fine and lacks volume while my extensions seem to lately feeling more dry and damaged so I was looking for something that would be gentle and moisturizing but not weigh down my hair. My usual shower conditioning consists of Suave's Professionals Volumizing Conditioner all over followed by Pureology's HydraCure Moisturizing Masque on only my ends. After I get out of the shower I lightly put Sebastian's Potion 9 through my hair (yes my hair needs a lot of conditioner!).

Maybe I was looking for a miracle here but this stuff did nothing for me and since I have used it I have had to constantly brush my hair (like every 15 minutes) to avoid big knots. It's like my hair turned to straw. :( I even took the suggestion and purchased the Desert Essence Jojoba Oil and slathered this all over where I normally use the Pureology Moisturizing Masque. I left the conditioner and Jojoba Oil on for about 3-4 minutes before rinsing and did a cold rinse before I got out of the shower.

The only thing that could be contributing is that I did use a clarifying shampoo for the first time today (Aveda's Hair Detoxifier). I wash my hair only a couple times of week and I had noticed what seemed to be a general buildup that NEEDED to be cleaned (I use a lot of products with 'cones so my hair was just being weighed down and not getting clean with normal washes). It is very possible that it completely dried out my hair but with all the rave reviews on this conditioner I guess I was expecting just a little moisture. :( I'll give it another shot and update if my results differ.

on 2/20/2008 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! I had no idea that this conditioner would be so amazing. I picked this up on a whim while I was grocery shopping. I use and love the matching shampoo, so I figured I'd give it a go. I expected it to be runny, but it's actually pretty thick (not quite as thick as Biolage conditioning balm, but close). I left it on damp hair for about five minutes and rinsed with cool water. My hair feels like I used -cones on it, but the ingredient list is dominated by organic ingredients and not a cone to be found! It does, however, have parabens, which doesn't bother me much. My previously knotty/dry hair is now sleek and soft and I'm pretty sure that I've found my HG conditioner.

on 2/15/2008 6:21:00 PM

All natural product..great conditioner. It made my hair feel bouncy and shiny. You know the perfect hair feeling. 90% of conditioners weigh my hair down or make it limpy..this one gave it a nice, full feeling. and it is only 2.50$!!!!

I use both the Shampoo and the Conditioner from this line and they are definitely HG for me. Since the conditioner is cone free, I was initially concerned about detangling properties. However, I've had no problems whatsoever. They leave my hair clean and soft with a nice light "spa" scent that doesn't linger too long. My hair is dry and color-treated and needs a bit more moisture, particularly in the colder weather. To boost the moisturizing properties of both the shampoo and conditioner, I added a healthy squeeze of honey (humectant) and a few capfuls of jojoba oil to the bottles. They seemed happy swimming around with all the other good ingredients in there and my hair was happy as well.

on 12/30/2007 5:20:00 PM

Thanks to MUA reviews, I decided to check out this conditioner, and it has quickly become one of my favorites! Not only is it an awesome conditioner, I love the fact that there aren't any harsh chemicals or cones in it. My hair is soft, shiny, and without build-up...all at the cost of $2.50 for a16.9 oz (.5 L) bottle. You can't beat that!