April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

Conditioner - Trader Joe's - Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

I use both the Shampoo and the Conditioner from this line and they are definitely HG for me. Since the conditioner is cone free, I was initially concerned about detangling properties. However, I've had no problems whatsoever. They leave my hair clean and soft with a nice light "spa" scent that doesn't linger too long. My hair is dry and color-treated and needs a bit more moisture, particularly in the colder weather. To boost the moisturizing properties of both the shampoo and conditioner, I added a healthy squeeze of honey (humectant) and a few capfuls of jojoba oil to the bottles. They seemed happy swimming around with all the other good ingredients in there and my hair was happy as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by monkeysrfunny

Thanks to MUA reviews, I decided to check out this conditioner, and it has quickly become one of my favorites! Not only is it an awesome conditioner, I love the fact that there aren't any harsh chemicals or cones in it. My hair is soft, shiny, and without build-up...all at the cost of $2.50 for a16.9 oz (.5 L) bottle. You can't beat that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by twinkletoes0613

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with Nourish Spa Conditioner!!! This is the best inexpensive conditioner I have ever tried. It really moisturizes my hair and makes it soft, fluffy and bouncy! For an added kick, since my hair is so dry, I add a few drops of jojoba oil, meadowfoam oil or sweet almond oil and swirl it with my fingers.
I deep condition with this for about 30 minutes (I warm it up in the microwave with the light oils), and my hair has never looked so good. Oh, and I love that this is silicone free. The only protein that this has is soy protein, so if your hair is protein-sensitive you probabably shouldn't use it very often. But this sure is a keeper! A lifer in my product junkie arsenal!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by dishwaterblondie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG conditioner! I was shocked that something so cheap worked so well. Feels thick and creamy going on and not overly perfumed. My hair is very dry and this really makes it soft and smooth, without any cones or buildup. The only thing I would change is the bottle, the cap does not work and my bottle is only half-empty and I already have it turned upside down to help get it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 5:46:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a great all natural conditioner suitable for everyday use on dry/damaged/colour treated hair. it could also see this working as a deep conditioner for someone with normal hair. the only thing I didn't like (in fact I hated it) was the scent; always smelled like rotting fruit to me. thankfully it didn't last once I rinsed it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Glitzee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I never thought that my HG conditioner would cost less than $3 per bottle! I have dry wavy/curly hair that needs serious babying from conditioner. This stuff, plus Nexxus Sleektress shampoo and Garnier Fructis spray gel (for curly hair), means I have an automatic good hair day.

It's rich and creamy without weighing down or coating my hair too much. It doesn't have yucky ingredients and I can easily finger-comb with it in. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by aeevr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's simply the best conditioner I have ever used. Why only 4 lippies? I still have a fantasy that my hair can be all shiny like in Pantene commercials. Hasn't happened.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by cherylt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to love this: it smells divine, it's $3 (!!!), and it's gotten decent reviews from others. Plus, I just love Trader Joe's products in general..no hype, just honest & interesting stuff. This one is just not moisturizing enough: I REALLY need a conditioner that hydrates and gives enough post-rinse "slip" to easily get a comb thru..sadly, this fails in both areas. Plus, it's so thick that it won't "squirt" through the dispensing cap like it's supposed to: I need to remove the cap, squeeze out a big blob while juggling the wet uncapped container, then screw the cap back on with 1 hand while holding the blob in the other hand, etc...I don't need that kind of hassle at 5 a.m.! I don't HATE it, but it just isn't enough of anything I need. I won't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2007 3:02:00 AM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was surprised at how well this conditioner works for $2.50 a bottle! It's thick and has a light scent. Does not contain harsh chemicals. When I first started using it I noticed my hair was more staticky than usual for some reason, but I've been using it for a month and I think it conditions as well as if not better than most drugstore conditioners I've used. Even Pantene Pro-V leaves a thick buildup in my hair, but TJ's Spa Nourish doesn't at all.

TJ's Nourish Spa line is a dupe of the Giovanni organic haircare line, available at Whole Foods and other beauty supply stores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff was very cheap and did an amazing job of conditioning my hair and softening away the frizz. Plus, its chock full of natual ingredients, not loaded with chemicals and cones. It doesn't have too much of a strong smell and had good slip. If your hair is dry or you're searching for a nice, organic conditioner, this is your pick.