December 26, 2014 | 1992 users online

Conditioner - Trader Joe's - Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have dry relaxed hair. Didn't expect much from the shampoo or the conditioner but they are both pretty ok for my hair and they don't make my scalp itch, flake and leave my hair super soft. Both of them seem to last longer than regular beauty store brands too. Even better they don't leave any build up at all. The conditioner has a weird feel on my hair though, kind of like i'm using baby oil which I don;t like, but if you're looking for a cheap shampoo and wash often i'd go for it. I wouldn't use it in the long run though. It could never replace my Olive Oil brand conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this out I actually ran home and washed my hair immediately after buying this and I guess I'm just one of the few this didn't work out for. :( I'm really sad. For a huge bottle for $2.49 I wanted to love this but unfortunately it left my very dry hair even more dry.

A background on my hair-- I have extremely long blonde color-treated hair with extensions. My natural hair is extremely fine and lacks volume while my extensions seem to lately feeling more dry and damaged so I was looking for something that would be gentle and moisturizing but not weigh down my hair. My usual shower conditioning consists of Suave's Professionals Volumizing Conditioner all over followed by Pureology's HydraCure Moisturizing Masque on only my ends. After I get out of the shower I lightly put Sebastian's Potion 9 through my hair (yes my hair needs a lot of conditioner!).

Maybe I was looking for a miracle here but this stuff did nothing for me and since I have used it I have had to constantly brush my hair (like every 15 minutes) to avoid big knots. It's like my hair turned to straw. :( I even took the suggestion and purchased the Desert Essence Jojoba Oil and slathered this all over where I normally use the Pureology Moisturizing Masque. I left the conditioner and Jojoba Oil on for about 3-4 minutes before rinsing and did a cold rinse before I got out of the shower.

The only thing that could be contributing is that I did use a clarifying shampoo for the first time today (Aveda's Hair Detoxifier). I wash my hair only a couple times of week and I had noticed what seemed to be a general buildup that NEEDED to be cleaned (I use a lot of products with 'cones so my hair was just being weighed down and not getting clean with normal washes). It is very possible that it completely dried out my hair but with all the rave reviews on this conditioner I guess I was expecting just a little moisture. :( I'll give it another shot and update if my results differ.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by maryamaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I had no idea that this conditioner would be so amazing. I picked this up on a whim while I was grocery shopping. I use and love the matching shampoo, so I figured I'd give it a go. I expected it to be runny, but it's actually pretty thick (not quite as thick as Biolage conditioning balm, but close). I left it on damp hair for about five minutes and rinsed with cool water. My hair feels like I used -cones on it, but the ingredient list is dominated by organic ingredients and not a cone to be found! It does, however, have parabens, which doesn't bother me much. My previously knotty/dry hair is now sleek and soft and I'm pretty sure that I've found my HG conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by kocicka05

All natural product..great conditioner. It made my hair feel bouncy and shiny. You know the perfect hair feeling. 90% of conditioners weigh my hair down or make it limpy..this one gave it a nice, full feeling. and it is only 2.50$!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

I use both the Shampoo and the Conditioner from this line and they are definitely HG for me. Since the conditioner is cone free, I was initially concerned about detangling properties. However, I've had no problems whatsoever. They leave my hair clean and soft with a nice light "spa" scent that doesn't linger too long. My hair is dry and color-treated and needs a bit more moisture, particularly in the colder weather. To boost the moisturizing properties of both the shampoo and conditioner, I added a healthy squeeze of honey (humectant) and a few capfuls of jojoba oil to the bottles. They seemed happy swimming around with all the other good ingredients in there and my hair was happy as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by monkeysrfunny

Thanks to MUA reviews, I decided to check out this conditioner, and it has quickly become one of my favorites! Not only is it an awesome conditioner, I love the fact that there aren't any harsh chemicals or cones in it. My hair is soft, shiny, and without build-up...all at the cost of $2.50 for a16.9 oz (.5 L) bottle. You can't beat that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by twinkletoes0613

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with Nourish Spa Conditioner!!! This is the best inexpensive conditioner I have ever tried. It really moisturizes my hair and makes it soft, fluffy and bouncy! For an added kick, since my hair is so dry, I add a few drops of jojoba oil, meadowfoam oil or sweet almond oil and swirl it with my fingers.
I deep condition with this for about 30 minutes (I warm it up in the microwave with the light oils), and my hair has never looked so good. Oh, and I love that this is silicone free. The only protein that this has is soy protein, so if your hair is protein-sensitive you probabably shouldn't use it very often. But this sure is a keeper! A lifer in my product junkie arsenal!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by dishwaterblondie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG conditioner! I was shocked that something so cheap worked so well. Feels thick and creamy going on and not overly perfumed. My hair is very dry and this really makes it soft and smooth, without any cones or buildup. The only thing I would change is the bottle, the cap does not work and my bottle is only half-empty and I already have it turned upside down to help get it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 5:46:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a great all natural conditioner suitable for everyday use on dry/damaged/colour treated hair. it could also see this working as a deep conditioner for someone with normal hair. the only thing I didn't like (in fact I hated it) was the scent; always smelled like rotting fruit to me. thankfully it didn't last once I rinsed it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Glitzee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I never thought that my HG conditioner would cost less than $3 per bottle! I have dry wavy/curly hair that needs serious babying from conditioner. This stuff, plus Nexxus Sleektress shampoo and Garnier Fructis spray gel (for curly hair), means I have an automatic good hair day.

It's rich and creamy without weighing down or coating my hair too much. It doesn't have yucky ingredients and I can easily finger-comb with it in. Love this stuff!