The Body Shop Almond Body Butter [DISCONTINUED]

The Body Shop Almond Body Butter [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Coumarin, Sodium Hydroxide, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Geraniol, Caramel.

on 1/2/2007 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My friend got this product for me for christmas, it came with an almond body wash and sponge. I was a little put of by the sweet smell, but it really moisturizes my body compared to the other body butters i tried.

on 12/15/2006 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

At first I liked it, but after using it approx. twice the scent started to bother me. I don't really like it and would not buy it again. Since there was so much left I kept using it, but only on my feet. That way I didn't have to smell it. Btw to me it doesn't smell like almonds.

on 12/10/2006 12:41:00 AM

This moisturizes very well. Gets rid of my 3rd-degree-burn-looking winter dry skin hands and leaves my skin baby soft. Oh yea, and it smells just like Lolita Lempicka, too for some strange reason. One lippie off because I don't like the smell of Lolita Lempicka.

on 11/30/2006 4:49:00 PM

I love TBS butters, but for some reason the scent on this one for me is almost nauseating. The smell reminds of the synthetic hair on the plastic dolls I used to get as a kid.

on 11/30/2006 2:08:00 PM

I adore this body butter, but won't buy it again. The bf really doesn't like certain almond-y scents...and this is one of them that bothers him. It comes really close to triggering an allergic reaction for him, drat! Scent-wise? I think it's more of an "almond extract" almond, rather than a powdery almond, buttery almond, or super-foody almond. I am not a fan of TBS's body butter packaging. This product could just as easily be in a squeeze tube. I wish it came in a 2 oz squeeze tube - that would be a good price and size for it. This is now at my desk for moisturizing my hands after washing my hands, but I sadly won't bother repurchasing it. TBS body butter always seems a bit greasy to me, but I tissue off the excess whenever I apply it.

on 8/25/2006 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best body lotion, definitely HG for me! I have very dry skin, even in the summer time and this stuff is my godsend! This has a wonderful consistency, "melts" nicely into the skin and keeps it hydrated all day long. It smells absolutely divine! My BF loves the scent and is always complimenting me on how nice I smell. What's nice about the fragrance is that it's not overpowering like some of the fruitier scents, but very subtle and a teensy bit sweet. Will definitely stock up on this for the winter. Took one lippie off for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Simply wonderful! I think that of all the TBS body butters I've tried, this one smells the best. I'm a big fan of almond scents and this butter smells very much like almond essence....lovely. It moisturizes beautifully with no greasy residue and leaves me smelling oh so good all day long. I have no complaints whatsoever. A sure repurchase for me.

on 8/3/2006 7:34:00 PM

This product works great & I absolutely love how it makes my skin feel. It's a little greasy but I didn't mind that much because I only use it at night before I go to bed. I've loved pretty much every almond fragrance I have ever smelled & was so excited to try this but unfortunately there's some strange tart note in it that I really don't like. It's a very bitter almost sour almond smell to me. Could be that I just got a bad batch but I doubt I would repurchase this scent.

on 7/24/2006 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had the seasame BB a few years back and have tried olive and coconut since then.
I think seasame had the best texture, sort of halfway between a lotion and a "butter" so I went to TBS a couple days ago to get seasame and heard they bascially replaced it w/ almond. I think it's almost the same as the old seasame.

on 7/19/2006 4:11:00 PM

I've loved every body butter I've tried so far and this one is no exeption. The smell has a very pleasant soft/powdery/sweet smell and it is very moisturizing. A little seems to go a long way.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products