April 17, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2006 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ejillparker

This moisturizes very well. Gets rid of my 3rd-degree-burn-looking winter dry skin hands and leaves my skin baby soft. Oh yea, and it smells just like Lolita Lempicka, too for some strange reason. One lippie off because I don't like the smell of Lolita Lempicka.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ajaxajax1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love TBS butters, but for some reason the scent on this one for me is almost nauseating. The smell reminds of the synthetic hair on the plastic dolls I used to get as a kid.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2006 2:08:00 PM More reviews by LolaLeRoi

I adore this body butter, but won't buy it again. The bf really doesn't like certain almond-y scents...and this is one of them that bothers him. It comes really close to triggering an allergic reaction for him, drat! Scent-wise? I think it's more of an "almond extract" almond, rather than a powdery almond, buttery almond, or super-foody almond. I am not a fan of TBS's body butter packaging. This product could just as easily be in a squeeze tube. I wish it came in a 2 oz squeeze tube - that would be a good price and size for it. This is now at my desk for moisturizing my hands after washing my hands, but I sadly won't bother repurchasing it. TBS body butter always seems a bit greasy to me, but I tissue off the excess whenever I apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by samiam1022

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best body lotion, definitely HG for me! I have very dry skin, even in the summer time and this stuff is my godsend! This has a wonderful consistency, "melts" nicely into the skin and keeps it hydrated all day long. It smells absolutely divine! My BF loves the scent and is always complimenting me on how nice I smell. What's nice about the fragrance is that it's not overpowering like some of the fruitier scents, but very subtle and a teensy bit sweet. Will definitely stock up on this for the winter. Took one lippie off for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 12:44:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply wonderful! I think that of all the TBS body butters I've tried, this one smells the best. I'm a big fan of almond scents and this butter smells very much like almond essence....lovely. It moisturizes beautifully with no greasy residue and leaves me smelling oh so good all day long. I have no complaints whatsoever. A sure repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by gilly123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works great & I absolutely love how it makes my skin feel. It's a little greasy but I didn't mind that much because I only use it at night before I go to bed. I've loved pretty much every almond fragrance I have ever smelled & was so excited to try this but unfortunately there's some strange tart note in it that I really don't like. It's a very bitter almost sour almond smell to me. Could be that I just got a bad batch but I doubt I would repurchase this scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Stefamous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the seasame BB a few years back and have tried olive and coconut since then.
I think seasame had the best texture, sort of halfway between a lotion and a "butter" so I went to TBS a couple days ago to get seasame and heard they bascially replaced it w/ almond. I think it's almost the same as the old seasame.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by KRISTEN34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've loved every body butter I've tried so far and this one is no exeption. The smell has a very pleasant soft/powdery/sweet smell and it is very moisturizing. A little seems to go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 2:40:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Love this creamy body butter. Although Brazil Nut still ranks as #1 for me, I really enjoy this, unquestionably due to the fact that I'm a major almond lover. I love the subtle sweetness, and although I wish the scent lasted a little longer, it's good that it doesn't interfere with whatever scent I've decided to wear for the day. The small $9CAD tub is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Fridgie

I own 3 of TBS body butters and I bought a mini of the new Almond one. This has got to be BEST of the body butters. Especially now that it is summer I find that some of the other ones like the Cocoa butter, Brazil nut and coconut tend to make me feel a bit sticky and clammy in the hot weather. This absorbs immediately into the skin and it makes my skin feel a lot softer and smooth than the other Body butters. I love the fragrance of this as well. It is a nice change considering all the body butters are very nut or fruity smelling. In the jar this one smells very similar to the Original Scent Jergens Body Lotion. But after you apply it it transforms into this really soft powdery feminine smell. It doesn't smell like almonds or any nut for that matter.
So if you are considering which body butter to get or just want to add another great one to your collection then give this one a try. You won't regret having soft smooth skin!