December 19, 2014 | 1542 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by hannahp

I have used several variations of the Kiss My Face Olive Oil bars. My favorite is the one with lavender. It smells nice. I love that it is completely natural. I use this on my face and sometimes all over my body. It is a HUGE bar for the price. I have the large bar right now and I think it will last me forever.
When I ran out of the last bar, I started using some other drugstore cleansers on my face. I wound up with my first huge cystic zit that left a nice scar on my forehead and my entire face broke out. I started using the olive oil soap again two weeks ago and haven't had a pimple since. I think I've found my HG facial cleanser!
The bar can turn a little goopy if you leave it sitting in water. This time around I have just been setting it on a dry washcloth and it seems to be holding up just fine.
I highly recommend this! Go for the Olive Oil & Lavender bar! It is the best. The smell is nice and relaxing. And the lavender has the extra bonus of skin healing properties!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had tried the Olive/Aloe and Olive/Honey, and didn't like either of them. So I tried the Fragrance Free -- I was surprised that I found it to be more moisturizing than the others. And like a few reviewers have said, I did find it to be somewhat squeaky in the shower, and didn't think it would be moisturizing enough...but afterwards, my skin did not feel dry. But for some reason, I just don't love this. I love the smell of the Fragrance Free, it's just a soft earthy scent and doesn't linger -- but I feel a little stripped, not dry like I do with other soaps, just sort of raw. For my face, I love the Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser. I'll continue the search.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dhat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This soap is what I always go back to after trying other things. I just tried DHC cleansing oil and am now paying the price for straying! I have huge cystic zits all over my forehead and chin. Kiss my face has never broken me out. Maybe after this I will have learned my lession.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by taizi

This is a great product. I got this at Whole Foods for about $3 or less, great price too. Yes, the soap was a bit ugly, so what? I used it on my face and it removed my make up perfectly! My face felt smooth and soft afterwards, plus it hydrated my skin well. I also love the smell of this product, it is a very natural smell along with olives. Mmmm. I can't wait to try KMF's other soaps!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kellygreeneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this soap was ok. I bought it for use as a face soap but ended up using it as a face soap and body soap while traveling. I liked it because it has safe ingredients and was pretty inexpensive. It cleaned my face well, but it wasn't anything amazing.
The smell wasn't awful but wasn't great either. It was a pretty gross color (whoever mentioned army green/brown was right on) and mine also mettled into this slimy, congealed goo... but even so, it was still long lasting. These complaints are due to the fact that they haven't added any unnecessary ingredients to the soap, which I support, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by JanetFF1

I really like using olive oil products because the skin on my body is very dry, and I have found that olive oil products really hydrate my skin. The KMF soap is great- I use this on both my hair and my face, and also to wash my hands. I have found that the soap is great for washing my face in the winter months, and the soap is definitely not overdrying on my body. I like this does not have a strong scent like the Serious Skin Care olive oil products do, and I like KMF olive oil products better than SSC olive oil overall. I also like that Kiss my Face is natural, and my sister likes using this soap as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This broke me out in cystic pimples :( The olive oil was definately the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cagirl

This is great for someone with sensitive skin. Need to be careful about where you keep it (I have a soap rack/raiser thingy that keeps it dry) or else it will melt. I have bought this over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by NantanYah

Originally I bought this for my face. It made me wayyy too oily though, as I have combo skin, so I started using it on my body. I love it, especially the fact that my skin is so moist after my shower/bath. I hate the paper wrapper it comes in so I'd just switch it over to a plastic soap holder and Ouila'! Anyway, this stuff is excellent, but if you uwant something with an actual fragrance then this isn't for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this originally to use on my face, but I'm just using it on my body now. I have sensitive skin that gets fairly dry in the winter but oily in the warmer months, and it's left my face somewhat tight and dry but not so badly that it will flake or feel irritated..it's not as bad for me as Ivory soap or Dove soap (I tried a Dove soap bar for sensitive skin, and it was no go for my face). If I had nothing to chose to use on my face but a bar of soap, Kiss My Face Olive Oil Bar Soap would be it. It's great for using on my body for sure, so I'll continue doing that.

UPDATE: Since the weather has become more humid over the past month, I've decided to start using the KMF olive oil soap again on my face and I must say it's working just fine now. So, personally, I'm finding using it during warm and hot weather on my face is great.