La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 2/6/2014 8:57:00 AM

I believe that La Mer is the best face cream on the market today. I have tried many face creams and none of them compare to the results I get from La Mer. My face is now smooth and completely hydrated. Wrinkles are smoothing out and blemished disappear miraculously. La Mer is not necessarily for 19 or 20 year olds, but if you have dry skin and are concerned about wrinkles, I highly recommend it. I will not do without it!

on 2/2/2014 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I frickin love this stuff! At first i thought it clogged my pores but thats when i realised i wasn't activating the cream properly.. I have to make sure my fingers are warm otherwise it wont work! So basically i warm this stuff between my fingers in a rubbing motion until its completely translucent and looks like its disappeared. I then press it into my skin and I'm left with hydrated glowing skin. This stuff is the bomb! Since using la mer I've noticed my skin is softer, redness is reduced and an overall even skin tone. If like me you thought this clogged your pores at first try and activate the cream with warm fingers until it is less thick and that might solve the problem! I use this mainly as a night cream as i have oily skin, although sometimes when my skin is feeling dry i will use this in the day and my face is left hydrated and dryness is treated upon contact! Amaaaazing stuff!

Edit - 28/04/2014 - just thought id update to say i no longer use la mer skincare! I was horrified to know that La Mer still use chemicals and preservatives and this contains mineral oil. In my quest to find all natural chemical free skin care i founded my love for dr hauschka! If you love the original Creme De La Mer like i did then you have to try the Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream which gives a similar finish to the original cream! I have noticed more results with the dr hauschka range in a month than in years using la mer! I am now a convert and no longer use a night cream and it has been a miracle for me my skin now is more balanced and now repairs itself at night rather than relying on thick heavy creams.

Edit 15/01/2015 - OK so Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream seemed to have stopped working for me and im back to using La Mer and I love this moisturiser! I feel like it hydrates my skin like no other and have definitely noticed it clears up my redness on my face and soothes it. Also have noticed a reduction in Break Outs. Im not really into hype and the whole Miracle Broth thing I now think does exist as I have definitely seen my skin improve. They key is to activate this correctly. You need warm hands in order to get the right consistency! This lasts a long time as you only need a small amount! Totally worth the price tag!

on 1/25/2014 8:33:00 PM

Expensive but works on dry flakey cheeks. Perfect for Harsh winter climate. I use something lighter in the summer months with SPF. I recommend to my friends. Great for middle age skin or older.

on 1/21/2014 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the tactile texture when warmed in my palm it just applies so well on the skin. Helps keep my dry skin protected against the elements and indoor heat/air conditioning. The techniques the SA advises is great and I can even use it lightly around the eye area. Not for everyone but great for dry skin.

on 1/21/2014 5:50:00 AM

I was given a jar of this for Christmas and I've been using it on my face every morning and night for two weeks now. I don't think this cream is for anyone under the age of 40 because its so rich in texture. To be honest, it reminds me of a face cream that my gran used.

I haven't noticed any difference to my skin and my wrinkles haven't smoothed out. I've decided to spend my money on a good sun screen instead!

on 1/17/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was just so-so for the price that I paid for. I will stick with Clinique for the same results.

lol I know that this isnt really a review but Im seriously surprised how some sellers will do anything just to sell you this product... either that or trying to look really smart and "educated" about their products by lying through their teeth.

I went to the counter to ask for a sample of the cream as my skin is extremely dry and flaky atm. She put some of the cream on my hand and I could feel the scent right up in my nose although I reached out my hand (btw, I do use scented skin-care products that I think are amazing... so I really dont mind at all if theres a little bit of scent, but it still should only be a faint of it.... I dont want to smell the perfume of my cream the whole day, if you understand what I mean)...
Anyways, I was like "whoa! It is quite heavily perfumed, isn't it..?" and she just stares at me... and says: "No! The cream absolutely doesn't contain any perfume! It's all the healthy ingredients that give out such a smell!" I was just like... yeah ok, never mind. I mean... seriously.. I am so often so astonished and off-put by such incompetent and lying-just-to-sell-you-something sellers... :(

(as i said, this is not a review... but I am going to try the tester, so if I can say anything about it after I finish, I definately will!)

on 1/10/2014 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

The original "intensive regeneration" creme from La Mer is their richest moisturiser and is definitely best for dry skin otherwise you face a very real risk of clogging, breakouts and blackheads!! It is VERY VERY rich, thick and heavy cream that will not sink into skin and leave a matte finish - rather, it provides a "dewey" finish to the driest skins or greasy to anyone else (myself included). I have normal/combi skin and hate it because it feels so heavy and greasy on and breaks me out with almost immediate effect! Now I am more educated and knowledgeable about skincare and know about things like AHA/BHA exfoliation, peels, antioxidants, vitamin c, hyaluronic acid etc. which I know now to be the most effective products rather than a so called "miracle cream". I suppose the description on the box of "creme regeneration intense" is somewhat true. It is so thick and rich that it has recently been able to repair my winter-chapped hands that felt as rough as sandpaper, which was caused by windy -17 degrees Celsius weather on a skiing holiday. Then again, I believe boring old Aquaphor could have done the same. Good points are that this cream could probably give even the driest skins a J-Lo glow (this is also her moisturiser of choice apparently). BUT I am sure that it really is too rich and oily to use on normal-combination skin or even neck and decolletage (gave me spots on those areas which never, ever happens). Even when I last tried to use it on my parched, dehydrated face after a long-haul flight, it still clogged my pores and caused congestion and small bumps after only 1 day! But maybe if your skin is naturally very dry or dehydrated OR because you are a heavy smoker/work in heavily air-conditioned/extreme cold or windy environments and your skin becomes dehydrated for whatever reason, you may love this ultra-rich cream formula. I have met a makeup artist in her 20s who uses it and her skin looks dewy and glowy but she told me that her skin is VERY dry. The only time I have been able to use it with success was in sub-zero temperatures on a trip to Russia and it kept my skin dewy, glowy and very soft to the touch whereas with no moisturizer it would have become rough and flaky in those extreme conditions. If you are reading this because you are considering buying this as you believe it will indeed be an expensive miracle product please do not do so unless your main skin concern is extreme dryness/dehydration and even then it should still be part of a great skin regime, you should not just assume that this so called miracle broth could be the answer to a variety of concerns. After all it does not even include SPF for the price and sun-damage is one of the main causes of skin ageing!!! Plus as others have noted - it is in a tub which can cause ingredients to become unstable when exposed to air (also unsanitary) and contains cheap, basic ingredients such as mineral oil. SPF protection and effective but gentle exfoliation (DON'T over do it) are the real secrets behind beautiful complexions; chemical rate than physical (although muslin cloths OK just avoid harsh grains) so using glycolic, lactic, salicylic acid for example. Also a vitamin C (antioxidant) serum is an amazing product to include in any skin-routine because prevention is always better than cure! So there, that is my advice and my personal opinion about the famous creme de la mer!

on 1/8/2014 1:23:00 AM

Awful stuff. Had clear skin and thought I would add this to my routine to help my skin in the winter. What a mistake, made me get clogged pores throughout my entire face.

Huge waste of money and I am not pleased.

on 1/2/2014 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a terrible product for anyone with sensitive skin. I have oily/combination skin and this 'creme' made me break out terribly. It also has 'fragrance' in it which is another irritation for my skin. They sure know how to hype and market their creme but it doesn't live up to the test.

Popular Moisturizers