September 2, 2014 | 1317 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by zuleikadobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i would buy this again, well, if someone else bought it for me.

My feelings on this product are all prejudiced by the price. If this were sold at the drugstore for 3.99 a pot, I might buy it again. I don't know. As it is, I'm too scared to actually use enough of it to really tell if it has any effect.

It does feel quite nice as a heavy night cream, I suppose, and seems to be kinder on my extremely dry and sensitive skin than other creams - seems to have some reparative effects.

basically totally nonplussed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by bansheegirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product. But when I first applied it to my face, it felt heavy and greasy. And the smell made my eyes water and feel droopy. It reminded me of the old Pond's Cold Cream, only heavier. I wouldn't recommend this for people with strong-fragrance issues. I still have the original little pot because I can't bring myself to toss out something that expensive, but I won't be using it again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Sumptergal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wouyld buy this product monthly if I could afford it. But in this economy and these prices - I am afraid it is Ponds for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by emmaqj

Folks seem to be split on this product -- it is either a skin saver/miracle, or it is over-hyped. Given the price, I absolutely think this is more image than reality, and CDM really is not the miracle its made out to be. That said, it is a very good moisturizer for when you have really dryed out your skin and want something to counteract that. I have CDM, but I view it as an "emergency" moisturizer, which I use more as a treatment before I go to bed. When my skin is very irritated, I do find that applying CDM at night means I will be less irritated in the morning. That said, I am sure many other products have similar results that are not nearly so expensive. I haven't quite found what I want there though, so I continue to keep this around, but I have it forever since I use it so very rarely. I actually do find that at least the actual CDM has the real benefit of intense moisture, as opposed to The Concentrate which I do think is basically 100% hype with no obvious benefits and real risks for anyone with acne prone skin.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by AMCW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never been happier to buy into the hype as I LOVE this moisturiser!

I have normal/dry skin that can be sensitive and, if I use too much of the wrong moisturiser, prone to milia and breakouts.

It may well be in the art of the recommended application and the fact that due to it being more expensive than my regular moisturiser I'm definitely using less product but - I've been using Creme de la Mer since the beginning of the year and can honestly say that I have never been happier with my skin.

Fine lines are less noticeable, milia have disappeared, breakouts are few & far between - and friends have commented that on how good my skin looks.

It is expensive but it's worked for me - and I will definitely be re-purchasing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by 50plusyoung

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to respond to the naysayers! The longer you use the product, the more your skin will improve. I have been using this product since my mid-40's (I'm now 54). I've switched over the years (trying out other great products) but always go back to La Mer Creme de la Creme. It lasts so long that it's really no more expensive than other high-end products. Before La Mer, I never received compliments on my skin. Since using, I frequently do and have converted various friends and family members just from them seeing the remarkable change. It doesn't work overnight (but it does immediately nourish your skin -- and feels fantastic). If you can't afford it, then don't ruin your budget as there are other great products. But if you can swing the high price tag, I think it's worth every penny! Oh, and I'm not a big-spender -- this is the ONLY thing I splurge on.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister was insane and bought this product and got a little sample pot to boot; so she gave me that. Honestly: I can't believe what charlatans can get away with. It's like: if it's expensive it must be good, and if it's SUPER expensive, well, obviously it must all be true, the promises and blah blah blah. What a bunch of bushwah. There is absolutely nothing special in the formula; what would have been about the only thing that could have some efficacy would be sunscreen but nope; doesn't have it.

Worse still is the antiquated packaging. Any promising active ingredients will start to degrade the moment you open the jar and expose the contents to sunlight and air. Doesn't the story go something like some space guy created this? A "scientist?" Well, any scientist worth his or her stuff would do due diligence and find out about the stability of formula components and do what it took to make sure the precious potion was stored appropriately to keep active ingredients stable and, well, active. But I guess people who waste money like this (sorry sis) are desperate to believe anything, any improvements they see would be the same (or better!) with a far cheaper product with a better formulation and stable packaging; OR they have money to burn and buying a pot of this stuff is more for the ego--"I can afford to waste money on this."

Honestly: extra virgin olive oil (kept in an opaque container!) would be a better skin care item than this junk. Consumers: start to read labels and learn about cosmetic ingredients and factors which degrade their quality and potency!

And consider this: if just ONE miracle cream out there actually worked, why would we need any more than that? Well, there are different skin types, but the fact that there are thousands and thousands of lotions and potions out there, that's really telling a reasonable person something. And here the rant endeth.

19 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I patch tested La Mer Creme de la Mer on my forehead (most sensitive spot on my face) And by day 2 I had developed a bit of a rash. I know it's from the La Mer because of the isolated use. When I purchased the cream, the sa gave me a sample to use first (I told her of my sensitivities) this way if I needed to return, I would be returning the cream unopened. So, I'll just stick to my Clinique repair wear serum and DDML, they work amazing for me, I was just curious about La mer! I think I am the only one who loves the packaging! I think it looks timeless, elegant and sophiciated. Also, I think that the people who do well with La Mer would probably do well with any thick moisturizer. My sister used to use it for years, she has since switched to something else and says she doesn't think La Mer is that great either.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by oulianas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The hype is really what drives the success of this product. Sure it smells great and the texture is lovely, but I can not say that this cream did for me what others could not. It does not include SPF which is very important for anti aging. The consultant explained that adding SPF to the cream makes the active ingredients in it less effective. What do I do... I buy two separate creams!. However, what you should know that active ingredients change the second you unseal the jar. The packing of this product is a bit much for me. It is heavy and seems wasteful. The jar comes in a thick box. Guess why you are paying so much for this product - packaging.
There are lots of other more cost effective products that work just as well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by beautylast111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok ladies here is my views on this product, but first let me tell you about my face. i have extremly dry skin due to the weather change. Because f my dry skin i have break out as well. ugh, Ive tried everything. I thought the dior hydro was going to work but nope it did nothing. i was giving up and did no what to do, getting facial every month just so my face can be clear for 1 weeks wasnt working. so i went to nordstrom and got a sample of the le mar. OMG in three days my face was glowing. my friends and family kept asking me what do i use. my skin look and feel great i tell you. yea it pricey but it works, yea the packaging is low quality but dior packaging is beautiful and didnt do anything for me. so ask yourself are you concern how the bottle look on your dresser or how the product works on your skin, I use the cleansing, tonic, serum and the cream 2 times aday. yea that may seem to much in one day buts its not. a little goes a long ways trust me. you have to take the cream and rub it on your finger tips, not the palm of your hand because it will absorb on the palm, and pat the neck all the way to the top of your fore head. if you have oily skin like i do in the summer then you need the gel cream