December 19, 2014 | 1623 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by mivec

Now that I can afford it, I really really wanted to like this product and thought I might initially, but alas, have come to realize it's just overpriced, over-hyped Nivea cream. It doesn't do anything for me, nothing for the dry patches on my face even though it has a greasy texture. I've had far better results with other (lower priced) products. This stuff has the same consistency and scent of Nivea cream, seriously.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by karljohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the creme sample when i brought the gel. I used the sample it as a blemish treatment as recommended by the SA. I really liked it and decided to purchase the 60ml. I have been using the gel in the morning and creme at night. The gel keep my skin stay matte and hydrated for the day. As the creme can make my skin look oily during summer, i used it only at night. Overall, the creme does a better job at reducing redness, moisturizing and reducing scars. I used the creme as a mask once or twice a week, and it is helping to control my breakouts and calm my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by e84

Unfortunately, after having tried 3 jars of this cream, I finally had to admit that it really does not work for me. I really wanted it to work, so I have been giving it a try for many times and every time I used it my skin broke out very bad. I think it's the mineral oil they use because I have tried other creams with high contents of mineral oil (Sisley) and they always break my skin out. I have dehydrated combination skin (oily T zone). I have used other La Mer products that do not contain mineral oil and they work without any problems. First I thought that i over used it, then I asked in the shop to show me exactly how much of the cream I need to apply and how - I did everything according to the instructions but unfortunately this cream is not for me. I have been using LP Anti Aging SPF 30 instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by emmasun1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I would say this is the best moisturizer for problematic dry/sensitive/combination skin. My skin used to be very sensitive and dull, with signs of rosacea. I got an 1 oz jar and applied it every day. It has done miracle on my skin by bringing back the radiant and healthy look. I could even see my skin tone getting lighter! If you have problematic skin, don't let the price scare you away because if you apply in the right way, it will last way longer than expected; so if you do the maths, it only costs one dollar or so per day. However this is NOT the cream for oily skin, not even in winter; use the La Mer soft cream instead. Also if your skin is already healthy, you would probably not see the difference between this cream and other less expensive moisturizers.

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Creme de la Mer moisturizing cream has done wonders on my skin. I wouldn't allow myself to try it for the longest time - even though my mother was raving about it. I didn't want to like it because it is so expensive. I finally got a sample and was shocked at the difference it made in my skin. My skin is dehydrated and extremely dry with quite a bit of redness. It can also be sensitive. The moisturizing cream calmed my skin - I've never seen my skin react so favourably and so quickly. It was bizarre. Because it was so noticeable, I didn't think it would be long lasting. My skin is still not perfect, but it looks the best it has in years.

It is expensive - no doubt about it. If you apply it the way they tell you to, you only need a very small amount. It is also important that it is applied correctly. I managed to get the sample they gave me to last over 2 weeks. I don't use it on my neck or chest - not because it doesn't work, but because of the cost. I can use other effective products that aren't as costly. The reason the La Mer is a keeper for me is how quickly and effectively it calms any redness in my skin. My skin really looks like it is glowing when I use it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by catinca85

Creme de la Mer is not sold in my country, Romania, which made me want this product even more! So much hype, so many good reviews ... I finally bought it in Berlin recently and - surprise! - I don't like it at all.
I am 28 years old, dry skin, accustomed to a lot of beauty products, but not this.I rarely break out when trying new creams, but Creme de la Mer gave me small red inflammations on my face. I used it a few days (morning and night), then stopped. It was not particularly moisturizing either (Rexaline from Sephora or Guinot Hydrazone are) - practically it did not do anything except make me break out.
I use it now on my boyfriend, he's got very dry skin and does not use any products; he doesn't break out, but still the cream doesn't do much for him.
Will not repurchase, surely. This was a real busted myth for me.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the creme for several years. I have dry-ish, acne prone skin (it is a little oily during my period). I started using CdLM in my mid-20's, and it made me break out occasionally. Now, I am not in my 20's, and I found that the older I get, the more I like the creme, because it is so moisturizing. I typically use this only at night, but occasionally (often in the winter) use this both night and day. The creme helps calm my skin, and even my skin tone. I wake up to refreshed, dewey skin! My friends often comment on how nice my skin looks!

The packaging is OK. It is a luxurious porcelain jar with a porcelain spatula. I really like the packaging. HOWEVER, apparently it is better for everything to come in a tube or pump, so there's that. If the ingredients really do become unstable because of packaging, then I guess the current packaging is a problem. It is pretty though :)

I know there are a lot of negative comments, and maybe the ingredients aren't rare, and maybe it doesn't work miracles, but it is does work well, better than most moisturizers I've tried (and I've tried a lot). Anyway, it is pricey, and definitely NOT worth it if it means that you go without food. But, if it the price won't cause hardship, I think it is a nice cream.

UPDATE 12/13/14:

I still love this as my night moisturizer. I get compliments on my skin when I am using the cream (I use it at night). I do not repurchase when money is tight, and I can tell a difference in my skin because of it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by mdaustin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first premium products I tried and at the time I thought it was just amazing. I was using drugstore lotions and La Mer's packaging, smell and texture really was luxurious in comparison. Once I started trying other things, the allure wore off on me. It really is like a top product from a past generation. These days a "secret" blend of oceanic whatever just doesn't cut it - not without results. Thank you, La Mer, for introducing me to high end creams but our relationship wasn't meant to last.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by toniraines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this line for years. All I can say is that I am 50 and everyone thinks I'm in my mid to late 30's.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by zuleikadobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i would buy this again, well, if someone else bought it for me.

My feelings on this product are all prejudiced by the price. If this were sold at the drugstore for 3.99 a pot, I might buy it again. I don't know. As it is, I'm too scared to actually use enough of it to really tell if it has any effect.

It does feel quite nice as a heavy night cream, I suppose, and seems to be kinder on my extremely dry and sensitive skin than other creams - seems to have some reparative effects.

basically totally nonplussed.