October 1, 2014 | 1825 users online

Dry Shampoo - Cornstarch as Dry Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 1:17:00 AM More reviews by seahorselove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I buy the yellow box cornstarch at the grocery store. because it comes in a large (powder sugar size box) I scoop sum into the tiny tuberware containers I had no other use for. I use it as my face powder every single day. im very sensitive to scents and so i decided since the baby powder (made of cornstarch) worked great but gave me a headache id try this. and its great! I also use it to give my hair volume and take away oil. it keeps everything dry and oil free. it isnt as fine/smooth a texture as talc powder, but i heard talc wasnt good for girls to use, and this absorbs the oil the best for me! I love it. And everyone usally has sum at their house if i forget my makeup at home! Im also very light skined, so this is one of two powders ive ever found that worked for my skin color. it doesnt leave any white if you use the right amount, and it takes the shine away all day!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I haven't used this as a styling prodect (yet), but last night while I was doing an Aspirin Mask, I made it too thin when I added more honey than usual, so I tossed in a teaspoon or two of cornstarch to thicken it up. My reasoning was that if my Everday Minerals Finishing Dust is full of it, it can't hurt. Anyway, the mask performed beautifully. I know cornstarch absorbs oil, so it may have intensified the oil-sucking capabilities of the mask, or maybe not, but it had zero adverse affects, and now I have something I can count on when I goof in the mixture process.
Trusty cornstarch to the rescue! I wear mineral makeup, and I'd run out of my trusty finishing powder. Realizing the ingredients, I took a spoonful of cornstarch and sprinkled it liberally with the too-dark-but-I-have-it-since-it-came-in-the-starter-kit foundation. Shake to mix, and perfecto! a fabulous self-made powder that acts very similarly to both BE's Mineral Veil and EM's Finishing Dust. Not knowing if this is harmful or not to my skin scares me a little, so I'm only using it for a few day's until my order arrives. Fabulous in a pinch, though. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mollfrith

I regularly use grocery-store cornstarch to "touch-up" hair that's gotten a little flat or greasy over the course of the day-- a (very) light dusting over the roots, brushed through thoroughly, eliminates stringiness and gives the hair amazing volume, and if used in moderation, it doesn't look at all white or powdery. Just be careful not to leave any splotches on your ears, neck or clothing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No