September 19, 2014 | 1818 users online

Dry Shampoo - Cornstarch as Dry Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I haven't used this as a styling prodect (yet), but last night while I was doing an Aspirin Mask, I made it too thin when I added more honey than usual, so I tossed in a teaspoon or two of cornstarch to thicken it up. My reasoning was that if my Everday Minerals Finishing Dust is full of it, it can't hurt. Anyway, the mask performed beautifully. I know cornstarch absorbs oil, so it may have intensified the oil-sucking capabilities of the mask, or maybe not, but it had zero adverse affects, and now I have something I can count on when I goof in the mixture process.
Trusty cornstarch to the rescue! I wear mineral makeup, and I'd run out of my trusty finishing powder. Realizing the ingredients, I took a spoonful of cornstarch and sprinkled it liberally with the too-dark-but-I-have-it-since-it-came-in-the-starter-kit foundation. Shake to mix, and perfecto! a fabulous self-made powder that acts very similarly to both BE's Mineral Veil and EM's Finishing Dust. Not knowing if this is harmful or not to my skin scares me a little, so I'm only using it for a few day's until my order arrives. Fabulous in a pinch, though. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mollfrith

I regularly use grocery-store cornstarch to "touch-up" hair that's gotten a little flat or greasy over the course of the day-- a (very) light dusting over the roots, brushed through thoroughly, eliminates stringiness and gives the hair amazing volume, and if used in moderation, it doesn't look at all white or powdery. Just be careful not to leave any splotches on your ears, neck or clothing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No