December 19, 2014 | 1681 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was so disappointed with this product. I bought it because it said "#1 eye makeup remover brand in America" but i got tricked! blech =( The first time I used too much and it stung my eye. It gets off only about 70% of the make up. After I get out of the shower, I can see all the left behind eye makeup on your lower lashline..not pretty. FYI, the only eye make up I wear is mascara (not waterproof) and liquid eyeliner (not waterproof either). I am going to try Neutrogena next.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by rose006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read the reviews before buying this! I wanted to buy the Neutrogena one but my drugstore was out... so I asked the sales lady which one she would recommended that was similar and she told me this one was very good! Really, I'm never trusting her again! This smells SO strong, I was almost afraid to put it onto my eyes! And it takes forever to remove makeup... I couldn't ever remove all of my eyeliner! I decided to take my little sister's Rimmel remover for one night and although it isn't any good either (and smells like alcool too) at least I felt it removed my eye makeup a little better!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually use neutrogena's eye makeup remover, but I wanted to try some other stuff to see if there was something better. I generally like almay so decided to try theirs. It removed makeup similar to neutrogena's (I think neutrogena is a bit better) but it STUNG my eyes. And so that's the main reason why I would not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

it was an alright eye makeup remover until i tried to take off waterproof mascara. it would not budge. at all. even a little. honestly, it didn't seem like the mascara was affected at all by the remover. also, if any gets into eyes, it burns pretty bad. not as bad as with l'oreal's remover, but still a decent amount of pain. not rebuying. probably will not even continue using because it doesn't actually take off any makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Rachel137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This liquid smells absolutely disgusting. The bottle says "fragrance free" and there's a picture of cucumber and aloe on the bottle, so I figured if anything it would smell cucumber-y. In reality it smells kind of toxic to me -- the scent reminds me of rubber-cement glue, permanent markers, and gasoline. It works about as well as any other oil-free eye makeup remover I've used (mind you I don't wear waterproof mascara), but the smell is just awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ohitslana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of the smell or the fact that the product takes waaay too long to do what it's supposed to do. It often feels like there is more makeup left even after a couple applications. I would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by shalashaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I actually think that this eye-makeup-remover seems very oily, and I'm not fond of the way it feels on my skin. It's pretty good at removing foundation and concealer, but I have a really hard time removing my eyeshadow with it, which may be as much a testament to the staying-power of my eyeshadow as it is proof of the weakness of this remover. Also, it makes my eyes sting, which I think kind of defeats the purpose of using a makeup-remover specifically formulated for use around the eyes. It's not awful, but it's certainly not worth buying again, even for only $4. To be honest, I use it mainly to clean my concealer brushes. It actually works quite well at that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Boo, hiss. Give me back my oil-containing eye MU remover. Yuck. I have to use a LOT of this stuff just to get off very minimal makeup, and I have to rub kinda hard. Plus, it's fragrance free, meaning no added perfume, but it definitely has a smell, and it isn't pleasant. I'll use up the bottle, but will NOT be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by CastlesMadeOfSand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually love Almay, but I'm not crazy about this product. It's definitely not oily, so that's a plus, and it's pretty inexpensive. Unfortunately, it's too harsh for the delicate skin around the eyes; after I use it, my entire eye area stings and feels raw. Also, it takes a lot of work to remove makeup - and I don't even use it on waterproof makeup! Not a terrible product, but not the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by bixie90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this makeup remover for one reason. It does take a while to remove my eye makeup (have to use 1 to 2 makeup pads for each eye) but I will continue to use it because it seems to strengthen my eyelashes. I quit using it for a while because I was using Cetaphil cleanser which is much cheaper but I started noticing my eyelashes were looking quite stubby and shorter than usual. I couldn't figure out why and then it dawned on me I had quit using Almay eye makeup remover. I bought another bottle of this stuff and started using it again and my eyelashes seemed to grow in length a bit and not looking as sparse or stubby. Well I guess I'm sold.