October 31, 2014 | 1559 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Rachel137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This liquid smells absolutely disgusting. The bottle says "fragrance free" and there's a picture of cucumber and aloe on the bottle, so I figured if anything it would smell cucumber-y. In reality it smells kind of toxic to me -- the scent reminds me of rubber-cement glue, permanent markers, and gasoline. It works about as well as any other oil-free eye makeup remover I've used (mind you I don't wear waterproof mascara), but the smell is just awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ohitslana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of the smell or the fact that the product takes waaay too long to do what it's supposed to do. It often feels like there is more makeup left even after a couple applications. I would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by shalashaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I actually think that this eye-makeup-remover seems very oily, and I'm not fond of the way it feels on my skin. It's pretty good at removing foundation and concealer, but I have a really hard time removing my eyeshadow with it, which may be as much a testament to the staying-power of my eyeshadow as it is proof of the weakness of this remover. Also, it makes my eyes sting, which I think kind of defeats the purpose of using a makeup-remover specifically formulated for use around the eyes. It's not awful, but it's certainly not worth buying again, even for only $4. To be honest, I use it mainly to clean my concealer brushes. It actually works quite well at that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Boo, hiss. Give me back my oil-containing eye MU remover. Yuck. I have to use a LOT of this stuff just to get off very minimal makeup, and I have to rub kinda hard. Plus, it's fragrance free, meaning no added perfume, but it definitely has a smell, and it isn't pleasant. I'll use up the bottle, but will NOT be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by CastlesMadeOfSand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually love Almay, but I'm not crazy about this product. It's definitely not oily, so that's a plus, and it's pretty inexpensive. Unfortunately, it's too harsh for the delicate skin around the eyes; after I use it, my entire eye area stings and feels raw. Also, it takes a lot of work to remove makeup - and I don't even use it on waterproof makeup! Not a terrible product, but not the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by bixie90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this makeup remover for one reason. It does take a while to remove my eye makeup (have to use 1 to 2 makeup pads for each eye) but I will continue to use it because it seems to strengthen my eyelashes. I quit using it for a while because I was using Cetaphil cleanser which is much cheaper but I started noticing my eyelashes were looking quite stubby and shorter than usual. I couldn't figure out why and then it dawned on me I had quit using Almay eye makeup remover. I bought another bottle of this stuff and started using it again and my eyelashes seemed to grow in length a bit and not looking as sparse or stubby. Well I guess I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This liquid/gel consistency MU remover is great. As w/ any remover, you must give it some time to interact with the wax from the makeup products. I gently pat this on my lids (w/ waterproof mascara and liner), keep my eyes closed while brushing my teeth or hair in shower. Then wash with my face cleanser over top of it, removes ALL traces of makeup, no hard pulling or tugging. Def. buy again and recommend. I like the squeeze tube, it lasts awhile for me since you don't need a lot of it. Easy to travel with and does not irriate my contact lenses. I got it dirt cheap at Big Lots.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by KuteKora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What's with all the negative reviews? This removes my eyeliner perfectly. (Trust me, I should be know as the eyeliner whore.) I usually put on a ton of liquid liner with 2 tons of mascara. By the end of the day, I tab some water with the product, brush it across my eyes and with a few wipes, ITS GONE! It's a very gentle formula, never irritates me or stings.
I brought it for $1 at a clearance thinking I would hate it, but its been serving me nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by isingonrooftops

I don't understand the hatred for this product. This takes off all of my eye make-up without irritating my eyes a single bit. This can literally get inside my eye, and I feel no stinging whatsoever. I have the bottle version of this, and it lasts for a very long time. It also neither dries out my eyes, nor does it clump my eyes with oil (like the "moisturizing" version of this). As for the price, I would much rather buy this (since it works perfectly) than some expensive department store brand. Right now, I'm using a tubular mascara instead of a waterproof one, and my regular cleanser seems to take off the little bit of eyeshadow that I wear just fine. However, if I were to ever buy a make-up remover again, I would come back to this and nothing else. This is HG quality material, right here.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by babygirl3171980

I cant find the exact almay product I have, and cant figure out how to add new products on here that aren't on the list........so, I'll compromise and write a review anyways, because I like it.
I have Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. I got a two oz bottle for around a dollar at big lots. I like it, lol. It doesn't irritate my eyes, or the skin around them. Which is very sensitive on me personally. It cleans off all my eye makeup with out fail and without any problems. Not bad for under a dollar.