Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/14/2010 8:31:00 PM

After i ran out of my clean & clear eye makeup remover i decided to try something new and picked up the Almay one. I tried it and it removed barely anything with one swipe. I used a really bad eyeliner that day as well, and it didn't even take that off. It was not worth the price i got it for, even clean and clear is cheaper and it's WAY better than almay. I do not recommend you buy this, personally i think dual phase makeup removers are better.

on 4/26/2010 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this eye makeup remover because I was tired of using lotion to remove my makeup (stings when I use it near my eyes). I bought it for less than $5USD at a local Wal-mart. I'm kind of disappointed in this product because it will only remove a portion of my makeup and my cleanser would (sometimes) end up removing the rest. I guess you get what you pay for. If you use a q-tip and dab it in the liquid, it has a better chance of removing your eyeliner as opposed to using a cotton ball. It didn't cause me pimples or anything but I'm probably not buying again.

on 4/20/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so disappointed with this product. I bought it because it said "#1 eye makeup remover brand in America" but i got tricked! blech =( The first time I used too much and it stung my eye. It gets off only about 70% of the make up. After I get out of the shower, I can see all the left behind eye makeup on your lower lashline..not pretty. FYI, the only eye make up I wear is mascara (not waterproof) and liquid eyeliner (not waterproof either). I am going to try Neutrogena next.

on 2/19/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I had read the reviews before buying this! I wanted to buy the Neutrogena one but my drugstore was out... so I asked the sales lady which one she would recommended that was similar and she told me this one was very good! Really, I'm never trusting her again! This smells SO strong, I was almost afraid to put it onto my eyes! And it takes forever to remove makeup... I couldn't ever remove all of my eyeliner! I decided to take my little sister's Rimmel remover for one night and although it isn't any good either (and smells like alcool too) at least I felt it removed my eye makeup a little better!

on 1/14/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I usually use neutrogena's eye makeup remover, but I wanted to try some other stuff to see if there was something better. I generally like almay so decided to try theirs. It removed makeup similar to neutrogena's (I think neutrogena is a bit better) but it STUNG my eyes. And so that's the main reason why I would not buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

it was an alright eye makeup remover until i tried to take off waterproof mascara. it would not budge. at all. even a little. honestly, it didn't seem like the mascara was affected at all by the remover. also, if any gets into eyes, it burns pretty bad. not as bad as with l'oreal's remover, but still a decent amount of pain. not rebuying. probably will not even continue using because it doesn't actually take off any makeup

on 10/31/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This liquid smells absolutely disgusting. The bottle says "fragrance free" and there's a picture of cucumber and aloe on the bottle, so I figured if anything it would smell cucumber-y. In reality it smells kind of toxic to me -- the scent reminds me of rubber-cement glue, permanent markers, and gasoline. It works about as well as any other oil-free eye makeup remover I've used (mind you I don't wear waterproof mascara), but the smell is just awful.

on 8/27/2009 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not a fan of the smell or the fact that the product takes waaay too long to do what it's supposed to do. It often feels like there is more makeup left even after a couple applications. I would not buy this product again.

on 8/11/2009 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I actually think that this eye-makeup-remover seems very oily, and I'm not fond of the way it feels on my skin. It's pretty good at removing foundation and concealer, but I have a really hard time removing my eyeshadow with it, which may be as much a testament to the staying-power of my eyeshadow as it is proof of the weakness of this remover. Also, it makes my eyes sting, which I think kind of defeats the purpose of using a makeup-remover specifically formulated for use around the eyes. It's not awful, but it's certainly not worth buying again, even for only $4. To be honest, I use it mainly to clean my concealer brushes. It actually works quite well at that.

on 7/25/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Boo, hiss. Give me back my oil-containing eye MU remover. Yuck. I have to use a LOT of this stuff just to get off very minimal makeup, and I have to rub kinda hard. Plus, it's fragrance free, meaning no added perfume, but it definitely has a smell, and it isn't pleasant. I'll use up the bottle, but will NOT be repurchasing.