The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Body butters are AMAZING. But, I don't love this scent because I have a new perfume that won't be detected if I use this satsuma smell. But, super lovely. Try it out to get super soft skin. In any flavour.

Edit: I have repurchased this over and over again. Very fruity, amazing smell. Amazingly creamy and will never stop buying this for it's skin softening abilities.

on 1/21/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received this as part of a gift set for christmas barely got around to trying it out. Wow! This stuff smells amazing. I love the tangy tangerine scent of this product. It is a thick cream goes on smooth, not greasy at all. Soaks in to the skin quickly leaving you moisturized and smelling great for a long time. Only con is the packaging a screw top container, would prefer if it came in a squeeze tube. But I would repurchase despite the annoying container.

on 12/28/2009 1:35:00 AM

UPDATE: Satsuma body butter is my new favorite body butter ~ Moringa was my favorite, but it's moved to second position. I have ordered almost every Satsuma SKU available. I am obsessed with this product...

I received a Satsuma gift set for X-Mas and the body butter smells DIVINE...When I first opened the body butter container, it smelled like Dreamsicles. I love the orange, citrus scent. It's long lasting, absorbs quickly and it makes my bedroom smell wonderful. Satsuma is running a close second to my favorite, Moringa. I am ordering the full size body butter tomorrow...I have almost used up the entire small size container since X-Mas.

Last but not least, be sure to rub excess body butter on the sleeves of your pajamas. You will be glad you did...

on 11/20/2009 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten better reviews. I've used this for a couple of years and I'd say it's the best I've ever used. The smell is pretty strong in the pot. But with my body chemistry it fades into a nice fresh orange scent. I don't have dry skin at all, it's on the greasy side if anything. This dosn't leave me feeling sticky after.

My only real complaints are the packaging. I hate dipping my fingers into the pot. Also it seems to get icky really fast. It's not worth buying the big pot because it gets too gross to use before it's all gone. Then it's pretty expensive.

on 10/30/2009 12:28:00 AM

This smells amazing!!! I love the consistency of the product and how it packaged and how it works. Really great!

on 9/28/2009 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Check out my notepad to read a more detailed explanation of my body skin type!

What it Claims:
"An intensive creamy all-over body moisturizer, with hydrating, zesty and invigorating satsuma essential oil. It absorbs into the skin easily, helping to condition, soften and smooth the skin and helps prevent dryness."

Claims - True or False?
1) Absorbs easily: True. It absorbed into my skin relatively quickly.
2) Conditioning: False. Although it absorbs fast, it doesn't seem to hydrate my skin, which is not even very dry. I found that it seemed to make my skin MORE dry.

Packaging:
Great colour, simple design, and just overall fantastic aesthetics. Good labeling, basically what you will find from all TBS products.

Smell:
Hated it. I am fine with strong smells, but this one was just.. obnoxious. Maybe too tangy? I love the smell of oranges, but this one did not at all smell authentic. It was also a smell that bothered those around me.

Consistency:
Pretty liquidy/runny. Almost like a creamy gel? It feels very thin on the skin. Sinks in very fast. Because of this consistency, it has a tendency to be sticky. However, it doesn't even COMPARE to their regular squirt-bottle version, which is like using sugar dissolved in water as a lotion.

Ease of Use:
Because it is on the runnier side, I find it works better. It's easier to control because it isn't as thick, and it doesn't require hours of rubbing in.

Bang for your Buck:
Normally, the large ones are around 20 dollars. Simple solution? Get one of their cards. With it, I pay around $13.00 Canadian for the 200mL tub. Depending on how often you use it, it will last anywhere from a 3-6 months. Because they are on the smaller side, I advise buying something cheaper (as many cheap brands are just as effective) to use on a regular basis, such as before bed and after bathing, and keep the body butters from TBS for use on specific areas like hands, elbows and knees.

Final Consensus:
Bad smell, not very hydrating on my normal to dry skin, and just a very basic, average moisturizer. Not worth the money, as I can buy something better and cheaper. Not to mention that it tended to worsen small body zits, on areas like my arms and chest.

Overall Rating: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 4/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

on 9/1/2009 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Maybe I'm one of the very few, but I absolutely love this fragrance. It's not too strong on my skin at all. I love this whole line!

on 8/27/2009 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Received this as a gift, so I gave it a try. Unfortunately, I have nothing positive to report. Upon opening the jar it smelled quite ok, maybe a little sweet. But on my skin, this instantly became an overwhelming sickeningly artificial smelling experience. Satsuma on steroids. Very unpleasant, like a cheapo room freshener that you sometimes are forced to smell in public bathrooms. It also gave me a strong headache which does not happen often with fragrances. And on top of it all, it left a sticky feeling on my dry skin instead of sinking in, so that alone will keep me from even trying the other body butters that TBS offers. When I pass by one their stores I can smell this satsuma smell from 2 blocks away, and when someone wears this in an elevator it instantly makes me nauseous. So needless to mention, this is not for me.

on 8/24/2009 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Way to strong satsuma scent. :/ I never thought I wouldn't like this smell but when I got this body butter as I present I realised that this is really to heavy and it's kinda sticky too. I just don't like it. :/

on 7/3/2009 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this body butter! I think I am sensitive to strong smells but I dont find this smell overpowering or annoying (as with TBS coconut butter)
Love the texture! Moisturizes well as all TBC butters!

P.S. My boyfriend loves the smell too :)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products